Paula knackered

sweetleftpeg

I think Berbs argument is that once these athletes have won their medals they focus on the races/events that will make them the most money rather than the ones where they represent their own country. Hey, it's a short career, why shouldn't they I say.

104443[/snapback]

If that's his argument re: Thorpe, why did he swim in the Commonwealth Games trials earlier this year? He obviously intended to compete in the games before having to pull out due to a chest infection. Even if he was just interested in making money, I don't see how pulling out of a high profile event in his own sports mad country and where he is a national hero would benefit him in that respect.

As for Radcliffe, Rob's implied on many occasions that her mid-career improvement is down to her having taken drugs, although he never has the bottle to come out and say it. Personally I'd put it down to her moving up to the marathon, an event she is clearly more suited to. And I suspect she is carrying a genuine injury at present since she was going to be competing in the 10,000 metres in Melbourne (not even sure if there is a ladies' marathon) so it wouldn't have impacted much on her London Marathon preparation and may even have helped it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tsk tsk tsk

have I implied such things???? I very much doubt it

I may just have pointed out that when Johny Foreigner has a sudden form boost the meeja here are quick to point a finger but as we know none of our brave lads 'n lasses would do such a thing (well except the ones that get caught of course....)

tsk tsk tsk

have I implied such things????  I very much doubt it

I may just have pointed out that when Johny Foreigner has a sudden form boost the meeja here  are quick to point a finger but as we know none of our brave lads 'n lasses would do such a thing (well except the ones that get caught of course....)

104461[/snapback]

TBH

nasty little minds...................

104494[/snapback]

To be fair you may have forgotten implying such things what with the onset of dementia.

:)

can still outrun  most minds on this board TBH

104516[/snapback]

In your world you can :) Way off the mark regarding Ian Thorpe tbh

Regretfully I have been proved right more often than wrong on this subject

104518[/snapback]

What, you being able to out-run people? Do people chase you much?

You've done your usual dismissive disdain of working-out previously, so you've probably never done a day's exercise in your life.

More likely to die of a heart-attack running for a bus than being killed by an angry mob tbh.

104518[/snapback]

You've done your usual dismissive disdain of working-out previously, so you've probably never done a day's exercise in your life.

More likely to die of a heart-attack running for a bus than being killed by an angry mob tbh.

104521[/snapback]

Wouldn't feel a thing though.

" 2005 Telstra FINA World Cup" :)  :D  ;)

whatever that is.............

I never said he wasn't tested and I never said he was found with any drugs - like many eminent athletes he has a totally clean sheet

104431[/snapback]

The only durgs Thorpie is likely to be caught with is his bottle of amilnitrate (a muscle relaxant for those that don't know) and their is only one sport that allegedly enhances :icon_lol:

The only durgs Thorpie is likely to be caught with is his bottle of amilnitrate (a muscle relaxant for those that don't know) and their is only one sport that allegedly enhances :D

104627[/snapback]

Really?! Definite potential for a little accident in the pool like :)

The only durgs Thorpie is likely to be caught with is his bottle of amilnitrate (a muscle relaxant for those that don't know) and their is only one sport that allegedly enhances ;)

104627[/snapback]

Really?! Definite potential for a little accident in the pool like :)

104635[/snapback]

And for his friends to slip in a bit easier :D

104518[/snapback]

104521[/snapback]

Absolutely correct on the exercise front

Never understood why it was necesary these days - I don't have to out run sabre tooth tigers and chase down a mammoth for lunch

Mindless waste of time which could be ebtter spent enlarging my vast knowledge and intellect - I suppose exercise fills in time for the terminally low IQ members of society but when you look at people who ar sporty they are all a bit...... dumb......

PS Just had a complete MOT at the quack - nowt wrong with the old ticker......

Absolutely correct on the exercise front

Never understood why it was necesary these days - I don't have to out run sabre tooth tigers and chase down a mammoth for lunch

Mindless waste of time which could be ebtter spent enlarging my vast knowledge and intellect - I suppose exercise fills in time for the terminally low IQ members of society but when you look at people who ar  sporty they are all a bit...... dumb......

PS Just had a complete MOT at the quack -  nowt wrong with the old ticker......

104678[/snapback]

:)

Hmmm - I spotted that  - he hasn't competed for years.................

I wonder why.............

104361[/snapback]

Tell you what Rob, if you're so clever, just tell us what you meant by the bit in bold with reference to Ian Thorpe. I won't expect a straight answer, seeing as it's much easier for you to hide behind a series of ambiguous statements.

Hmmm - I spotted that  - he hasn't competed for years.................

I wonder why.............

104361[/snapback]

Tell you what Rob, if you're so clever, just tell us what you meant by the bit in bold with reference to Ian Thorpe. I won't expect a straight answer, seeing as it's much easier for you to hide behind a series of ambiguous statements.

104716[/snapback]

I wondered why ........... I don't follow swimming and I don't follow Australian sport and I was surprised that such a towering hero was not competing and had been out of the front rank for a year or so - I knew it would be a terrible blow the Oztralians (shame!!)

It could have been a lack of form. some medical complaint, family reasons, maybe he'd got a job at last instead of wasting his time at the local billabong, perhaps he'd gone to college..................................

There could be many many reasons why - I just wanted to know..........

You see Rob, you could avoid a lot of hassle if you actually put what you meant the first time round. Trouble is though that way you'd actually have to back up what you're saying. Personally I respect someone more who says what they think, even if they're a moron, as opposed to someone who hides behind ambiguous comments because that way they never have to admit they're wrong.

You see Rob, you could avoid a lot of hassle if you actually put what you meant the first time round. Trouble is though that way you'd actually have to back up what you're saying.  Personally I respect someone more who says what they think, even if they're a moron, as opposed to someone who hides behind ambiguous comments because that way they never have to admit they're wrong.

104815[/snapback]

WRONG???????????? :):D;):icon_lol:

and I spend far to long on here backing up my statements......

You see Rob, you could avoid a lot of hassle if you actually put what you meant the first time round. Trouble is though that way you'd actually have to back up what you're saying.  Personally I respect someone more who says what they think, even if they're a moron, as opposed to someone who hides behind ambiguous comments because that way they never have to admit they're wrong.

104815[/snapback]

WRONG???????????? :):D;):icon_lol:

and I spend far to long on here backing up my statements......

104874[/snapback]

It was obvious you thought there was an agenda to Ian Thorpe not competing in the Commonwealth games but you couldn't back it up.

I think the word you are looking for is "wouldn't"

And there is an AGENDA is there?? thanks for the confirmation..................

104881[/snapback]

Ok then, you wouldn't.....wonder why