Ronaldinho's goal

Mark

but David Pleat is a total and utter moron

104449[/snapback]

A couple of minutes after Barca score, Pleat goes 'they need to push more bodies forward, they really need to go hum ho.' :)

104482[/snapback]

I think he was using the correct pronunciation of gung-ho i.e. "hung-ho". It's Chinese in origin I believe.

104484[/snapback]

Has anyone ever seen the scene in Wayne's World where they meet Alice Cooper? :D

but David Pleat is a total and utter moron

104449[/snapback]

A couple of minutes after Barca score, Pleat goes 'they need to push more bodies forward, they really need to go hum ho.' :)

104482[/snapback]

I think he was using the correct pronunciation of gung-ho i.e. "hung-ho". It's Chinese in origin I believe.

104484[/snapback]

Has anyone ever seen the scene in Wayne's World where they meet Alice Cooper? :D

104488[/snapback]

Well, you're not worthy tbh :icon_lol:

;)

But is necessary for the commentators to constantly go on and on about him grinning like an idiot and having more tricks than David Blaine. I don't think 5 minutes went past without him being mentioned last night.  Yeah, we get it, he's good.

104433[/snapback]

Clive Titsley man, worst commentator I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Annoying and repetitive, the master of over-exaggeration and wankfests. I wrote a letter ages ago to the powers that be complaining about him. We need a campaign. Anyone want to do a website? :)

104439[/snapback]

Na, Motson has to be the worst. For a kick off his voice really grates on me, then you've got the fact that his claim to fame was the Hereford diaster. Add to this his the fact his tongue is half way down Rooney's arse and you've got one woeful commentator.

Edited by Bellers

Motson's shit. The bloke is just a statistician and I've NEVER understood how he got to be so revered as a commentator. Pre-prepared crap puns and a page of stats is all he's got.

While we're discussing the goal, the woeful Clive Titsly was having another wankfest about all the English players last night going so far as to call Terry 'immense' on at least 3 or 4 occasions. However, he was quiet as fuck when Ronaldhino ghosted past him like he wasn't there.  :)

104334[/snapback]

Terry had a superb game tbh

Lampard played his "England role" which meant he was always going to be shit. Big mistake from Jose to play that system, especially as the front 3 were appauling.

Aye, Ronaldinho just bounced off him!  Lampard had a really quiet game as well, to the point where you wondered sometimes if he was still on the pitch.  Might still have been struggling with the hamstring though, I suppose.

104338[/snapback]

Tilsley still said he had a good game though. He did nothing until the penalty. he hides against the big sides tbh.

While we're discussing the goal, the woeful Clive Titsly was having another wankfest about all the English players last night going so far as to call Terry 'immense' on at least 3 or 4 occasions. However, he was quiet as fuck when Ronaldhino ghosted past him like he wasn't there.  :)

104334[/snapback]

Lampard played his "England role" which meant he was always going to be shit. Big mistake from Jose to play that system, especially as the front 3 were appauling.

104580[/snapback]

Why wasnt Crespo on from the start? Drogba shouldnt be allowed on the same pitch as Crespo tbs tbs.

104334[/snapback]

104580[/snapback]

Why wasnt Crespo on from the start? Drogba shouldnt be allowed on the same pitch as Crespo tbs tbs.

104591[/snapback]

it was rather amusing that Crespo did more in the first ten minutes on the pitch than Drogba had for the previous 50ish.

Aye, Ronaldinho just bounced off him!  Lampard had a really quiet game as well, to the point where you wondered sometimes if he was still on the pitch.  Might still have been struggling with the hamstring though, I suppose.

104338[/snapback]

Tilsley still said he had a good game though. He did nothing until the penalty. he hides against the big sides tbh.

104588[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

Let's just be thankful Man Yoo are out.  Tildesley is insufferable when they're playing.

104448[/snapback]

Not just when they're playing either. I'll never forgive him for his 'commentary' of the England-France match in 2004 "and it's Manchester United to Manchester United to former Manchester United" as the ball went from Neville to Scholes to Beckham. It's an England match! No-one gives a fuck!

Oh, and the number of times he said "and they'll be singing 1-0 to Santini at Spurs next season", before France nicked it in the last minute. What a tit.

But is necessary for the commentators to constantly go on and on about him grinning like an idiot and having more tricks than David Blaine. I don't think 5 minutes went past without him being mentioned last night.  Yeah, we get it, he's good.

104433[/snapback]

Clive Titsley man, worst commentator I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Annoying and repetitive, the master of over-exaggeration and wankfests. I wrote a letter ages ago to the powers that be complaining about him. We need a campaign. Anyone want to do a website? :)

104439[/snapback]

However I think he refrained from his usual Big Cup commentary staple, which was odd considering he was actually there.

104446[/snapback]

I've since found out that he did mention "that night in Barcelona" sometime during the second half.

Tildesly may have been bad but David Pleat is a total and utter moron

104449[/snapback]

It took him until the 67th minute to mention the 99 final - which I was amazed by. Only reason I know this is because at the start of the game, me and housemates were going to keep track of how many times he mentioned it, and when the first time was. But since it took him so long, we didn't bother in the end (I don't remember him mentioning it afterwards though).

And I have to say, I do hate Motson more than Tyldesley. Motson is just mind-numbingly dull. Tyldesley is just annoying - at least he can be somewhat interesting at times.

104334[/snapback]

104580[/snapback]

I didn't say he didn't, but the over the top wankfest from Titsley is just embarrassing. He's so quick to get all gushy when Terry makes a great challenge or sprays a great ball, yet for the goal it was bad defending by Terry and there was no mention of it. Quite happy to give out praise to show he apparently knows his football yet he struggled to identify when Chelsea were cheating ('definite free kick there David' :D )or did something poor. Yes, I expect the British teams to be shown some sort of bias to, but Titsley has proved time and again that he's over the top. I'll go as far as to say he's dreadful at what he does. Bring back Brain Moore (I never thought I'd say that), I'm sure he's cryogenically frozen somewhere.

104334[/snapback]

104580[/snapback]

104591[/snapback]

it was rather amusing that Crespo did more in the first ten minutes on the pitch than Drogba had for the previous 50ish.

104597[/snapback]

Yet i still get slaughtered off my mates for saying Crespo is about 5 times the player of Drogbar

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

Definately, just look at the othernight some of his runs and movement off the ball were sensational, what true World Class striker is all about, whereas Drogbar is just a big carthorse

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

Definately, just look at the othernight some of his runs and movement off the ball were sensational, what true World Class striker is all about, whereas Drogbar is just a big carthorse

104757[/snapback]

Still think he should have left Drogba on when he brought on Crespo though. I think you'll agree he would have done a better job upfront than Huth did :)

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

104757[/snapback]

Still think he should have left Drogba on when he brought on Crespo though. I think you'll agree he would have done a better job upfront than Huth did :)

104758[/snapback]

He should have started them both quite frankly, but Jose won't have anythin g bar the 4-5-1/4-3-3

While I think he's obviously an excellent manager he does seem a bit stuck, especially in Europe, when Plan A doesn't work. Putting Huth on upfront smacked of desperation.

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

104757[/snapback]

104758[/snapback]

Funny tactic that like. When all a team can do is humping the ball up front you think they would need a player at the receiving and whose touches don't make Shola look like Pele...

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

104757[/snapback]

104758[/snapback]

Funny tactic that like. When all a team can do is humping the ball up front you think they would need a player at the receiving and whose touches don't make Shola look like Pele...

104763[/snapback]

I rate Huth but he was like the proverbial fish out of water.

Crespo is class tbh.

104753[/snapback]

104757[/snapback]

104758[/snapback]

104763[/snapback]

I rate Huth but he was like the proverbial fish out of water.

104764[/snapback]

I rate Huth too (despite having to see him in the national team), but he is still very raw and his positional and technical skills (as well as his general appearance) are similar to those of an elephant. He should have left Chelsea to get some match practice before getting thrown onto the international stage.