Camera's to catch drivers on their mobile phones..

Howaythelads

What do people reckon to remote surveillance of this nature? Does it flout your civil liberties, or are these dangerous drivers fair game?

For myself, it should be an automatic 12 month ban with no argument at all. A second offence and you're banned for 5 years.

For a further offence, you're forced to buy a season ticket at the stadium of shite.

12 month ban?

How about a 6 month driving ban for smoking in a car? 3 month driving ban for changing the radio station?

How about the police concentrate on those people who drive at 50-60mph on a school road, and get away with it every fucking day?

when you can buy a basic hands free unit for a few quid there is no excuse for not having one...........

shoot them like dogs in the gutter at the scene of the crime

I've been guitly of using the mobile while driving numerous times but I would say that theres far worse motoring offences out there, as Gol pointed out why not give out offences for smoking in the car, I used to smoke (sounds good that) and found it really difficult to smoke and drive at the same time much more so than using the phone.

12 month ban?

How about a 6 month driving ban for smoking in a car? 3 month driving ban for changing the radio station?

How about the police concentrate on those people who drive at 50-60mph on a school road, and get away with it every fucking day?

105009[/snapback]

:)

Well said!

No mobiles while drinving just got passed here as law recently, with the addendum that eating and drinking (any beverage) while you drive is heavily frowned upon, but not an offence as yet. No ban from driving but there's been some hefty fines levied. On a personal level the knee jerk reaction from me is that I should be able to speak to whom I want whenever I want but logically I feel better thinking that most drivers will have both hands on the wheel.

12 month ban?

105009[/snapback]

Excellent suggestions!!!!!

Shoot the lot of them

No mobiles while drinving just got passed here as law recently, with the addendum that eating and drinking (any beverage) while you drive is heavily frowned upon, but not an offence as yet. No ban from driving but there's been some hefty fines levied. On a personal level the knee jerk reaction from me is that I should be able to speak to whom I want whenever I want but logically I feel better thinking that most drivers will have both hands on the wheel.

105155[/snapback]

You can, just pull over first :)

I am guilty of using my mobile whilst driving but usually only ever use it if work is ringing to find out where i am, although just recently i have got a hands free so i have no excuse now, however there far more worse offences out there and the police should be going after murderes, rapists and peodophiles instead of making up there budget on a defenceless drivers :)

I am guilty of using my mobile whilst driving but usually only ever use it if work is ringing to find out where i am, although just recently i have got a hands free so i have no excuse now, however there far more worse offences out there and the police should be going after murderes, rapists and peodophiles instead of making up there budget on a defenceless drivers  :)

105167[/snapback]

Crimes against grammar.

12 month ban?

105009[/snapback]

Excellent suggestions!!!!!

Shoot the lot of them

105158[/snapback]

:)

105155[/snapback]

You can, just pull over first :)

105159[/snapback]

Exactly Alex- I completely agree. However, even pulling over to talk on your mobile can get you ticketed unless you are speaking to EMS, police, or a fire department.

Hey  i am a squaddie we are very illiterate people lol

105178[/snapback]

look like a dwarf to me - thats a pretty small fence.........

105196[/snapback]

Toy Soldier tbh!

The medals are to anchor him down to stop him blowing away over that picket fence. :)

A while ago me and my mates were playing silly buggers in our motors, I was at the back off the pack and turned off on a short cut I knew to get ahead. It worked a dream and I pulled over quickly and turned my lights out so that my mates wouldn't know I was already there way ahead of them. Only problem was I had the rozzers on my tail, the bastards must have sneaked up on me while I wasn't watching!!! So as the PC approached my car I quick as flash whipped out my mobile and pretended to be speaking on it. Said PC fell for the trap and assumed I'd pulled over so quickly to take a call on my mobile!!

A while ago me and my mates were playing silly buggers in our motors, I was at the back off the pack and turned off on a short cut I knew to get ahead. It worked a dream and I pulled over quickly and turned my lights out so that my mates wouldn't know I was already there way ahead of them. Only problem was I had the rozzers on my tail, the bastards must have sneaked up on me while I wasn't watching!!! So as the PC approached my car I quick as flash whipped out my mobile and pretended to be speaking on it. Said PC fell for the trap and assumed I'd pulled over so quickly to take a call on my mobile!!

105233[/snapback]

Thick fuckas these cops