Profumo Dead

Rob W

Poor bugger - 40 years of hell over a simple scandal

these days he'd be "backed by No.10", "apologise to his constituents" and just sail on in office :):D;):icon_lol:

To be honest, I think a government Minister today would struggle to get away with what he did without resigning although unlike back in those days they might get back into the Cabinet at a later date. Interesting to read he devoted his life to charity projects in the East End of London though. Only thing I knew about him was that he slipped Christine Keeler a length.

To be honest, I think a government Minister today would struggle to get away with what he did without resigning although unlike back in those days they might get back into the Cabinet at a later date. Interesting to read he devoted his life to charity projects in the East End of London though. Only thing I knew about him was that he slipped Christine Keeler a length.

105140[/snapback]

To be fair, it would have been rude not to an all.

I was going to say something along those lines.

105142[/snapback]

If it was me, they'd struggle to get the lid on the coffin forty years on tbh. Scorcher!

105146[/snapback]

All talk no trousers tbh

that was half the problem with profumo

105161[/snapback]

To be fair to him though, scandals had a bit of glamour in them days. These days its all about the rastafarian chap on Clapham Common.