injuries

Geordie Boyo

I had a medicine ball thrown off my left knee today. :)

Was sitting down, catching it then throwing it back while doing sit-ups only I forgot the catch it part and it bounced off my knee...! I thought a bone had popped out when I looked at it, but its just swollen. I've been told to put an icepack on it so I'm just resting it keeping the swelling down at the minute. Hope its alright for going out watching the game tomorrow...!

:(

Cold and ibuprofen today, elevate and stay off it... you know the drill Boyo. Doubt it'll be really comfortable for watching the match tomorrow unless you sit the entire time (can't see that happening). Hope it isn't too bad tomorrow- rest it as much as you can today and bring the paracetamol to the match.

(no grinding sensation or click/pop sounds from it I hope?)

I had a medicine ball thrown off my left knee today.  :)

Was sitting down, catching it then throwing it back while doing sit-ups only I forgot the catch it part and it bounced off my knee...! I thought a bone had popped out when I looked at it, but its just swollen. I've been told to put an icepack on it so I'm just resting it keeping the swelling down at the minute. Hope its alright for going out watching the game tomorrow...!

:blush:

105543[/snapback]

Me and my brother used to see who could take a medicine ball off their head from the highest height when we were younger, knee :(

pussy tbh

You're not a southerner by any chance?

Cold and ibuprofen today, elevate and stay off it... you know the drill Boyo. Doubt it'll be really comfortable for watching the match tomorrow unless you sit the entire time (can't see that happening). Hope it isn't too bad tomorrow- rest it as much as you can today and bring the paracetamol to the match.

(no grinding sensation or click/pop sounds from it I hope?)

105545[/snapback]

Nah, it’s not as bad as thought all thou by the time I got the bus from the East End to the West End it was swelling up pretty bad.

I've just got it up on my bed now. The icepack I had on before melted and I thought wey it should be alright but it seemed to start up again so I've got another one on. I think I'll just have some bruising tomorrow if anything, it probably will be a bit swollen too. I'll just be sitting down somewhere if I do go out to see the game but only time will tell I suppose.

It is frustrating like as I haven't been in training for a good while because of study etc, but I certainly had my work cut out...!

:)

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I had a medicine ball thrown off my left knee today.  :)

:D

105543[/snapback]

Me and my brother used to see who could take a medicine ball off their head from the highest height when we were younger, knee :razz:

pussy tbh

You're not a southerner by any chance?

105549[/snapback]

medicine ball off your head, it's Certainly clear to see the outcome. :(

....and I'm not talking about your size :blush:

It was actually thrown at me, not lobbed up numbnutts.

Elton John is more of a man than you it seems

105552[/snapback]

If you came down at the musclebox gym and saw the muay thai training we do I very much doubt you’d still be thinking that, let alone Dave Elliot's brazilin Jujitsu classes at Eswick pool or the mixed martial arts sessions I do, but yeah I'm just a pussy like you say, short arse....! :)

Used to box there and i have seen it, it's for pussys tbh.

Had a feeling thats where you'd been when you said from Eastend to Westend, tbh i think 'Blue Corner' on Heaton Rd would be more your style

105559[/snapback]

And why's that?

I'm trained by a fella called Barry Norman, far from the Barry Norman you lot have heard of. He's trained champions and trains current champions like Pete Tiarks & Craig Jose as well as mixed martial art competitors like Matt Inman & Pete Irving. Pussys? I don't think so mate.:) Most of the people that train there compete.

http://www.sorthanikul.co.uk/

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I go there 3 times a week and its about £3.50. I haven't been training for a while so it was my first session back, I'll be there next Saturday thou and the day after. A lot of the guys on a Sunday just look like doorman, but its good to test yourself as it bring the best out of you.

I go there 3 times a week and its about £3.50. I haven't been training for a while so it was my first session back, I'll be there next Saturday thou and the day after. A lot of the guys on a Sunday just look like doorman, but its good to test yourself as it bring the best out of you.

105568[/snapback]

Aye, some of the lads I've seen getting out of their cars there look like your typical door monkey, water babys.

Might come along and knock the shit out of you one day :(

Edited by Wacky Jnr

They're actually all good blokes who are very supportive when we train. Not your one punch wonder arrogant wanker doorman you see on the pigg market.

I normaly spar with a bloke there on a Sunday whose twice the size of me and that's not the worse thing, he's a bloody mackem too. Hard lines for me wearing my newcastle top that day. :) He's actually a cracking bloke, still I'm sure if you came down you'd find these lads are far from your as you say " typical door monkey, water babys"...!

:(

105568[/snapback]

Might come along and knock the shit out of you one day :(

105570[/snapback]

any time stumpy :razz:

:blush:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Had a similar thing once but replace "medicine" ball with "puck".

My knee still isn't right and this was about 2 months ago  :razz:

105569[/snapback]

The protection you guys wear thou...! :( I was thinking I should probably have my groin guard on when he was throwing them *ouch* :) But, I just wear one for Brazilian jujitsu for when we do armbars, etc. :blush:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Had a similar thing once but replace "medicine" ball with "puck".

My knee still isn't right and this was about 2 months ago  :D

105569[/snapback]

The protection you guys wear thou...! :( I was thinking I should probably have my groin guard on when he was throwing them *ouch* :) But, I just wear one for Brazilian jujitsu for when we do armbars, etc. :razz:

105580[/snapback]

I was using some incredibly shit pads which offered no protection when I droped down. So the bugger hit me square on the knee :D

Love the goalie jock, painless! :blush:

any sport apart from football is for gays. FACTISSIMO.

105679[/snapback]

WRONGAMUNDO

105727[/snapback]

Have to agree with the kid on this one. Imagine an entire team made up of Vinnie Jones clones- looks, attitude, dirty play.... that'd be hockey. Holden, would you really want to say to someone like that their sport is gay when they're known for grabbing, ripping and twisting the bollocks off other players?

On reading that back thru...ok, maybe it is a bit on the gay side..... (soz).

Edited by Mags