ManUre v Toon - Official match thread

peasepud

Ok then here we go, its on Sky, personally Im not very confident but lets see what Glenn can do against some serious opposition.

Heres the squads according to nufc.com

NUFC: Given, Harper, Ramage, Babayaro, Boumsong, Elliott, Parker, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Bowyer, Faye, Clark, Brittain, Pattison, O'Brien, Shearer, Ameobi, Luque, Chopra.

Carr, Taylor, Owen, Dyer and Bramble all still injured - Moore lacking in match fitness.

MUFC: Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Richardson, Ronaldo, Giggs, O'Shea, Fletcher, Park, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Rossi.

Alan Smith and Paul Scholes will miss the remainder of the season, while Heinze has a knee problem.

Perennially-injured Ole Gunnar Solksjaer misses out after suffering yet another setback - he smashed a cheekbone in Tuesday's reserve team game against the smoggies.

Bring it on lads!

Could have done with Owen, Dyer & Taylor, like.

As long as we go there with the right mentality, do our job at the back when called upon and take our chances we might just nick something..........yeah, I know *mumble mumble*

C'MON ON THE TOON!! :)

:(

I reckon with the departure of shithead we can probably finish 8th, looking at the remaining fixtures.

The difference between that 8th place and any dreams of finishing in a Euro spot rests on the next 2 games, I reckon.

I think we'll get 1 point from the next two matches, but if we get 4..........then I reckon a Euro spot is a possiblity.

How I wish FS had booted shithead out 16 or 17 months ago........ :)

I reckon with the departure of shithead we can probably finish 8th, looking at the remaining fixtures.

The difference between that 8th place and any dreams of finishing in a Euro spot rests on the next 2 games, I reckon.

I think we'll get 1 point from the next two matches, but if we get 4..........then I reckon a Euro spot is a possiblity.

105691[/snapback]

I think all of the fixtures after the next two ae quite winnable so I'd be a tad more optimistic though I'd agree that 1 point from the two would leave us with a bit to do.

Last year I thought we were comfortbale before Rooney's wonder goal which is why I'm quite hopeful this time around (famous last words etc, etc)

105691[/snapback]

True. If only he had sacked the bastard after the dreadful Carling Cup defeat to Wigan Reserves…

I don’t think we will get anything from Old Toilet today.

Liverpool at home is a 50-50 match... :(

I'm a pessimist. I'm expecting us to get beat 2-1 or 3-1. Anything heavier than that will be a sickener, but I'd be chuffed with a draw.

Agree with janu though, I think we've got a fair chance of getting something out of Liverpoo.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, Ronaldo, O'Shea, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Saha

Subs: Howard, Evra, van Nistelrooy, Vidic, Rossi

Newcastle: Given, Ramage, Boumsong, Elliott, Babayaro, Solano, Parker, Emre, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Shearer

Subs: Harper, Dyer, Bowyer, Luque, Clark

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, Ronaldo, O'Shea, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Saha  

Subs: Howard, Evra, van Nistelrooy, Vidic, Rossi

Newcastle: Given, Ramage, Boumsong, Elliott, Babayaro, Solano, Parker, Emre, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Shearer  

Subs: Harper, Dyer, Bowyer, Luque, Clark

105748[/snapback]

Dyer's on the bench? Or is that your prediction?

Just back from a manc pub, shit game, made bareable by the comic comments from a "man utd" supporte from down south.

He claimed we were shit because we sold Jenas, that Saha shoud displace Trezeguet from the france squad and that Solano was from Senegal. He also though robbie elliot was a good defender and didnt know why we dont play him more often.

He also though robbie elliot was a good defender and didnt know why we dont play him more often.

105779[/snapback]

He should be playing more than Boumsong tbf.

105785[/snapback]

neither should be playing at premiership level tbh. elliots ok as a back up to be used when injuries are a real problem, like now. But to suggest he is up to scratch is beggars belief.