Souey: I was just unlucky

janu

Souey: I was just unlucky Mar 12 2006

By The Sunday Sun

Former Newcastle manager Graeme Souness has broken his silence on his time on Tyneside. And revealed he knew his days at St James's were numbered when Michael Owen got injured.

Souness also insisted that his former charges are well placed to secure a Champions League place next season, with "another three or four good players".

"Given the nature of the job, I knew that day at Tottenham, when Michael got the injury, that it was always a matter of time for me," Souness revealed.

"It's something you think about when you're signing the contract on day one - I'm going to get sacked at some stage. Very few managers don't get the sack."

And Souness added: "I don't feel I did much wrong there. I think Lady Luck was not kind to me at all."

Discuss... :)

This is EXACTLY the kind of shit I predicted he'd be peddling from now to eternity. It wasn't his fault, it was some sort of invisible and mythical force to blame, a bit like Bush's excuse for Iraq.

106179[/snapback]

which is exactly why we should have trashed the arsehole the day he picked up Bellamy on the training ground for assault. As it was obvious from that point, allied to his stupid substitution at Charlton, that he put his ego before his job.

Then he wouldn't have had any excuses, other than blaming divine intervention for deciding to sub Bellamy. Of course, Gemmill and one or two others including Craig disagreed and thought he was doing a fine job ;)

Of course, Gemmill and one or two others including Craig disagreed and thought he was doing a fine job  :jester:

Unfortunately one of those "one or two others" was your pal the Chairman.. ;)

106199[/snapback]

of course, but he had to keep on until Gemmil got his sums right and found the pay off money

Of course, Gemmill and one or two others including Craig disagreed and thought he was doing a fine job  :jester:

Unfortunately one of those "one or two others" was your pal the Chairman.. ;)

106199[/snapback]

of course, but he had to keep on until Gemmil got his sums right and found the pay off money

106248[/snapback]

Come on here to avoid that question eh? :jester:

Edited by alex