South Africa set new world record

wellsy

Australia in the 5th and deciding ODI have set South Africa a mammoth target of 434 to win!

Amazing!

Ponting smashed 164 off 105

Hussey smashed 80 off 51 for a total partnership of 141 in 16 overs!

Gilly got 55 off 44

Symonds 27 off 13

Katich 79 off 90

In the dying overs Telemachus, who had bowled 6 overs for 34 before his final spell just kept bowling no balls at the death, which didnt help!

Some amazing cricket today and Smith must be cursing his verbal battle with Australia especially after calling us chokers after winning the 4th ODI. Oh and to top it off they were 2-0 up in the series.... oh well. If only he could back it up like Punter can... maybe he can having just seen his side win....

Now i just need Newcastle to beat Man Utd tonight...

Edited by wellsy

Australia in the 5th and deciding ODI have set South Africa a mammoth target of 434 to win!

Amazing!

Gilly got 55 off 44

Symonds 27 off 13

Katich 79 off 90

In the dying overs Telemachus, who had bowled 6 overs for 34 before his final spell just kept bowling no balls at the death, which didnt help!

Some amazing cricket today and Smith must be cursing his verbal battle with Australia especially after calling us chokers after winning the 4th ODI. Oh and to top it off they were 2-0 up in the series.... oh well. If only he could back it up like Punter can.

105724[/snapback]

:)

Only to still lose to South Africa who won with 1 wicket and 1 ball remaining... what has this world come to. This is fucked  :)

105788[/snapback]

:( TY WELLSY FOR DRAWING MY ATTENTION :blush:

i would hav missed history in the making

Best one day game I've seen for a long time.

105911[/snapback]

not only u...anyone has never witness something like this...and will not in the nxt century.

:) cricket rocked today

105927[/snapback]

Yep. It'd be like Real Madrid beating Barcelona 8-7 in football or something like that.

Amazing!

Gilly got 55 off 44

Symonds 27 off 13

Katich 79 off 90

Some amazing cricket today and Smith must be cursing his verbal battle with Australia especially after calling us chokers after winning the 4th ODI. Oh and to top it off they were 2-0 up in the series.... oh well. If only he could back it up like Punter can... maybe he can having just seen his side win....

105724[/snapback]

:):(:blush:

To be fair though Wellsy, NO ONE could have anticipated South Africa coming back and winning the game. Unbelievable.

Amazing!

Gilly got 55 off 44

Symonds 27 off 13

Katich 79 off 90

105724[/snapback]

:):(:blush:

To be fair though Wellsy, NO ONE could have anticipated South Africa coming back and winning the game. Unbelievable.

105989[/snapback]

You're telling me!

I still cant believe it but i will put it down to one of them freak things that i will never see again in my life. Was some superb batting from both sides as much as i hate to admit it especially by one G. Smith!

Bad week of sport all round, Newcastle lost last night, Australia lost in the most freakish fashion, Western Australia lost to Victoria in the Shield giving Victoria the place in the 4 day final!

1st test starts this week though, cant wait!

It was quite amusing (not for an aussie mind) at one point in the game when they put up on the big screen the fact that Lewis had become the most expensive bowler in the history of ODI's.

How to kick a man when he is down!

Did I tell you about the time I met The Doctor?

106087[/snapback]

Is that the Fremantle Doctor or Doctor Who?

106089[/snapback]

It was hsi brother E.M I knew better TBH

I don't follow cricket.

What's an average ODI score?

Just a £5 spread bet on either team not reaching 200 runs would have cost over a grand.

Ouch!

106124[/snapback]

250+ is a good score, the average is probably about 200.

I don't follow cricket.

Just a £5 spread bet on either team not reaching 200 runs would have cost over a grand.

Ouch!

106124[/snapback]

To make u understand the gravity of the situation here----

It was 1st time a score over 400 had ever been scored (434 to be exact)

And to chase that and win it is like Bramble keeping a clean shit

I don't follow cricket.

Ouch!

106124[/snapback]

To make u understand the gravity of the situation here----

It was 1st time a score over 400 had ever been scored (434 to be exact)

And to chase that and win it is like Bramble keeping a clean shit

106137[/snapback]

:)