Rambo

Holden McGroin

For once, I find myself largely agreeing with LM.

:):(

Man Utd turned the screw on us today and our weaknesses were highlighted in the ultimate sense. Ramage did fuck up, but it was made 10 times worse by the fact that the person to pick up the scraps was Rooney - it's quite possible that many other strikers wouldn't necessarily have lobbed the ball accurately over Shay.

No-one is pretending that we have the squad to compete with Man Utd. What we need to do is focus on our negatives and make damned sure the improvements we make in this summer are in these areas.... :blush:

105915[/snapback]

Don't blame Ramage for the boob either, he's played with a lot of heart and the best of his ability, just unlucky he was punished for it

Point 2 is right Craig, but even you must realise we may just be a bit short of cash !!!

Time for Fat Fred, who manages to pay himself a handsome dividend each year, to dig in again...

If he wants a continuing return, he's going to have to re-invest...

Time for Fat Fred, who manages to pay himself a handsome dividend each year, to dig in again...

105926[/snapback]

this is where we disagree...much as I wish it wasn't so, the club doesn't have a bottomless pit so they can't re-invest what isn't there, it isn't his fault that the last manager got all his priorities wrong after being handed a colossal 50m quid......and also a few million quid in divis is not going to make any difference and buy the sort of quality we need at this level of competition.

Without harping on again about "shit" directors, lets see how much more all the other major big city clubs invest in this summer eh ?

105926[/snapback]

this is where we disagree...much as I wish it wasn't so, the club doesn't have a bottomless pit so they can't re-invest what isn't there, it isn't his fault that the last manager got all his priorities wrong after being handed a colossal 50m quid......and also a few million quid in divis is not going to make any difference and buy the sort of quality we need at this level of competition.

Without harping on again about "shit" directors, lets see how much more all the other major big city clubs invest in this summer eh ?

105931[/snapback]

Hopefully we will get our money back on Luque and if Owen goes we need to recoup ~£17m. Get a few decent players with that wedge.

However, I fear we will get £5m for Luque and £12 for Owen.

Tell you what today told me......that I was gutted we didn't have to muscle to get Wayne Rooney 18 months ago and that it simply was a 'pipe dream'.

That kid is a genius on the football pitch... :)

Tell you what today told me......that I was gutted we didn't have to muscle to get Wayne Rooney 18 months ago and that it simply was a 'pipe dream'.

That kid is a genius on the football pitch... :(

105933[/snapback]

I reckon we did, its just that manu is THE major attraction. Don't blame him for going there, but if we had a team knocking on the door of the title like we did under Keegan he may have chose us instead.

Mind you, its a good football club board that can compete and raise the money for players like this :)

He is absolutely breathtaking, Gazza should have gone on to be the world number 1 and Rooney should do the same.

As much as I'm happy with Owen, I'd swap him for Rooney anyday

That kid is a genius on the football pitch... :(

105933[/snapback]

We had the money then, it was the same as for Owen. Fred wanted a big striker to replace Shearer (or Bellamy in some peoples eyes :) ) and he had money ready for that.

He took an honest shot at Rooney thinking nobody but us had that money back then, sadly manu did and were willing to move at once. Given the choice Rooney chose them.

105926[/snapback]

105931[/snapback]

Hopefully we will get our money back on Luque and if Owen goes we need to recoup ~£17m. Get a few decent players with that wedge.

However, I fear we will get £5m for Luque and £12 for Owen.

105932[/snapback]

You don't want to sell your best players, but a good offer for Owen under the circumstances if spent well could give us a better side. Shameful and disgraceful that we should consider this action though after the amount of money the last 2 managers have been handed in the last 3 or 4 years.

Taking aside Owens huge fee, the only other "big" buys that have been worth their fees, or played well for the club are Bellamy, Robert, Emre and Parker.

Thats a lot of money down the plug on the others

Edited by LeazesMag

Well I think he's not good enough, nowt to do with today's performance in particular. He's never looked much good to me, he's just another one who has come through the ranks and people are so desperate for him to succeed they're blind to his lack of quality.

I want him to turn out good enough, I don't think he will though.

105844[/snapback]

Exactly. If we are looking to fight it out for CL places we can't afford to have average players like him.

Harsh, I know, but the sooner people accept that, the better.

He's done well so far and I admire his honesty. His best attribute is that he can defend in terms of taking up good positions and his tackling ability is good too. However, I think he lacks the pace and ability going forward to be a top full-back and he hasn't got the physical presence to be a top centre-half.

I would hate to see what position we would be in today if it hadn't been for such an average player as Ramage. I've lost count of the amount of times that he he has pulled our centreback's out of the shit covering their cockups.

Yes his distribution isn't great and he doesn't have a fullback's natural instincts but he does show an excellent reading of the game defensively and regularly covers his team mates errors.

How good he is or can be will only be seen when he has players with him who are actually earning their wages but so far this season there are only him and Taylor who have looked anything like premiership defenders in our ranks.

If it was Taylor making the same mistake they'd be making a multitude of excuses for him. Piss poor, the only man apart from Given who could hold his head up high after the Wigan disaster.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Thats the kind of wank that I used to read on NO one player makes a mistake certain people critisce and all the lambs follow

106035[/snapback]

As well as supporting mysterious expensive foreign superstars who disappear on match days ?

Edited by LeazesMag