Shay Given.

Optimistic Nut

Next time Newcastle are on the TV and you can't get to the game, listen to how many times in a game you hear the words, "HEAD AWAY!" come from him when a corner or cross comes in. I counted 8 times today alone and noticed he does it a lot. I mean, what does he expect the defenders to try and do!

He is a through Gentleman...

If any of us r in his shoes and with grrrrrrrreeeaaat (in a N-O way), talented, skillfull, audacious, No Non-sense defenders like that...v wouldnt have shouted at them v would kick em out of SJP...

Having said that...he is a hard worker and it comes up for all to c.

Wonder how he isnt planning to leave SJP with defenders like that?

Given :) rocks

Doesn't command his box. It's what makes him a very good 'keeper as opposed to a world class one.

106025[/snapback]

He is a primadonna tbh. :(

106030[/snapback]

You're thinking of Jens Lehmann :)

Doesn't command his box. It's what makes him a very good 'keeper as opposed to a world class one.

106025[/snapback]

He is a primadonna tbh. :blush:

106030[/snapback]

You're thinking of Jens Lehmann :)

106038[/snapback]

No, he is a wanker. :(

106025[/snapback]

I agree. He is equal to any keeper in the world for reactions and shot stopping, but he doesn't dominate his penalty box and defence in the way the very top handful of keepers in the world do.

If you were being picky you could also say his record on saving penalites could be better!

But he's easilly the best keeper i've seen at the toon and is one of the best in the game, just lacks that command of his area to be seen as the very best.

He was born one mile outside the border of Northern Ireland, 1 Mile and we couldv'e had him for us!  :jester:

106292[/snapback]

Shame, should be supporting the Republic anyway. ;)

He was born one mile outside the border of Northern Ireland, 1 Mile and we couldv'e had him for us!  :jester:

106292[/snapback]

106293[/snapback]

But I live in Northern Ireland why would I support a different country? Makes no sense.

106292[/snapback]

106293[/snapback]

But I live in Northern Ireland why would I support a different country? Makes no sense.

106302[/snapback]

A lot of people in England support whoever England are playing though.

106292[/snapback]

106293[/snapback]

106302[/snapback]

A lot of people in England support whoever England are playing though.

106307[/snapback]

Aye, we call them Scotsmen.

106302[/snapback]

Different country? Oh for shame.

106292[/snapback]

106293[/snapback]

But then he'd be a "glory hunter" like me, rather than my preferred term, "political objector".

106292[/snapback]

106293[/snapback]

But then he'd be a "glory hunter" like me, rather than my preferred term, "political objector".

106318[/snapback]

Are they Russian, like?