15 years to the day.

Optimistic Nut

Since Robbie Elliott made his Newcastle debut as a sub in a 3-0 defeat at Boro. Hard to believe that 15 years on, he's still a squad member here and was torn apart by someone who was just 5 at the time.  :)

105961[/snapback]

Ramage was to blame for the first goal, Boumsong for the second tbh.

Since Robbie Elliott made his Newcastle debut as a sub in a 3-0 defeat at Boro. Hard to believe that 15 years on, he's still a squad member here and was torn apart by someone who was just 5 at the time.  ;)

105961[/snapback]

106010[/snapback]

Don't understand how the second was down to Boumsong. Emre gave the ball away then stood still doing nowt, Parker lunged in for a 10-90 ball in O'Shea's favour when if he'd held his ground he'd have had a better chance of tackling him...while it was Ramage who was outmuscled for the finish. Boumsong had to go with Saha leading up to the goal but didn't get there.

Robbie Elliot has been a terrific servant for this club. He was magnificent in the midfield in 1996-97. Certainly not the club's greatest servant, but not bad for a player who didn't cost the club a penny either time he signed for us.

He made his senior debut for the club in 1991, was sold to Bolton in 1997 and returned in 2001.

Why has there been no talk of a testimonial?

Since Robbie Elliott made his Newcastle debut as a sub in a 3-0 defeat at Boro. Hard to believe that 15 years on, he's still a squad member here and was torn apart by someone who was just 5 at the time.  ;)

105961[/snapback]

106010[/snapback]

Don't understand how the second was down to Boumsong. Emre gave the ball away then stood still doing nowt, Parker lunged in for a 10-90 ball in O'Shea's favour when if he'd held his ground he'd have had a better chance of tackling him...while it was Ramage who was outmuscled for the finish. Boumsong had to go with Saha leading up to the goal but didn't get there.

106362[/snapback]

Ok then he was partly to blame, he got sucked out of position following Saha and in my view he didn't have to go. Rooney's 2nd came through the area Boumsong had just vacated. Perhaps I'm biased in that I think he's a waste of space.

Ok then he was partly to blame, he got sucked out of position following Saha and in my view he didn't have to go. Rooney's 2nd came through the area Boumsong had just vacated. Perhaps I'm biased in that I think he's a waste of space.

106468[/snapback]

Wasn't he also trying to muscle Rooney off the ball just before he scored? Better defender would have gone to ground and made a last ditch tackle.

106468[/snapback]

Wasn't he also trying to muscle Rooney off the ball just before he scored? Better defender would have gone to ground and made a last ditch tackle.

106505[/snapback]

He can't tackle to save his life. The incident when he caught Silvestre late (1st half?) showed that. It was his ball (70-30) and he should have easily won it but he delayed sliding in for some reason and when he did it was a poor excuse for a tackle.

He can't tackle to save his life. The incident when he caught Silvestre late (1st half?) showed that. It was his ball (70-30) and he should have easily won it but he delayed sliding in for some reason and when he did it was a poor excuse for a tackle.

106507[/snapback]

Yeah, I can't repeat what I said when that happened, I think you're doing him a favour saying 70-30.

A worthwhile campaign might be to suggest that this current bungs investigation takes a good hard look at Souness' transfer dealings: Boumsong; Amoruso; Ferguson, spring to mind. In the event that he is found guilty sue him for his compensation, bungs, transfer fees and hopefully a little prison time.

You can add Tugay to the list as well tbh

106514[/snapback]

He did come from Rangers, but Hughes really rates him and he signed a contract extension since he's become manager. Great value at just over a million pounds, in fact he'd probably be used by the defence as evidence that Souness' dealings with Rangers are not always over-priced flops.

Does this mean Robson gets investigated after he paid over the odds for Bramble & Viana to two of his former clubs?

106705[/snapback]

Yes, yes it does.

Does this mean Robson gets investigated after he paid over the odds for Bramble & Viana to two of his former clubs?

106705[/snapback]

He gets a free pass for getting one of his former clubs to actually give us cash for Maric. ;)

106705[/snapback]

Yes, yes it does.

106715[/snapback]

That's alright then. As long as it's not just some sort of anti-Souness thread again. ;)