Roeder & Ramage

Rob W

I think Roders response to the grim game ramage had tells us alot about Roeder and a lot about why the team is playing better than under SOuness

A straight truthful "he played badly - the imporant thing is that he doesn't do it again"

whereas a few weeks ago it would have been the twisted lip and the look that said "just wait till Monday laddie....... 4000 pressups for YOU"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see the big deal, hes played in the premiership for less than a year, and out of position at that. Hes had 1 bad game, so what, hes been our best defender all season.

People expect tony adams after 20 games these days. we forget that the shearers, henrys, nistlerooys, schevchenkos, nestas, terrys of this world didnt make a real impact until their 4th or 5th season in the top flight.

It seems if you dont do a rooney these days and look like the complete player after your first season your on your way down the leagues.

I dont see the big deal, hes played in the premiership for less than a year, and out of position at that. Hes had 1 bad game, so what, hes been our best defender all season.

People expect tony adams after 20 games these days. we forget that the shearers, henrys, nistlerooys, schevchenkos, nestas, terrys of this world didnt make a real impact until their 4th or 5th season in the top flight.

It seems if you dont do a rooney these days and look like the complete player after your first season your on your way down the leagues.

106283[/snapback]

Agree with the sentiment, fans are generally getting on players' backs much too quickly now; he did say recently that he now sees himself a right-back, though that

may just have been to maintain his status of having more column inches than Jordan.

Oh, and Shearer scored a hat-trick against Arsenal on his full debut. ;)

106283[/snapback]

Agree with the sentiment, fans are generally getting on players' backs much too quickly now; he did say recently that he now sees himself a right-back, though that

may just have been to maintain his status of having more column inches than Jordan.

Oh, and Shearer scored a hat-trick against Arsenal on his full debut. :jester:

106288[/snapback]

Can't think of many worse examples than the ones listed to be honest ;)

106283[/snapback]

Best defender all season my arse.

yeah cos bramble, boumsong and babyaro have been in storming form!

and gol, which examples would you have used?

I picked some of the worlds best players today, none of whom did fantastically in their first couple of seasons.

Argue for the sake of it if you want but the fact of the matter remains, we dont give players enough time these days.

bollocks, chris waddle was playing at tow law right about now this time in his career. hes had 6months playing and 1 bad game, are we not being a bit OTT?

And im not talking about what age players are when they get a game in the premier league, im talking about how long they play in the league for before they make a big impact. Gary Neville had a few years behind him at 22 and he wasnt anywhere near as good a RB as he is now.

To be fair though the likes of Shearer were playing top level football in their teens.  Ramage is what 22 if he was going to be good enough he would have made the breakthrough long before now.

106351[/snapback]

Great point. It's not as if he's 18-19.

bollocks, chris waddle was playing at tow law right about now this time in his career. hes had 6months playing and 1 bad game, are we not being a bit OTT?

106365[/snapback]

I do not think i am being OTT, i have said what i think of him in another thread, and this opinion is one i have had all season, and stand by it that i think he is an average player.

I would love him to prove me wrong but IMO i do not think he will be the player some on here think he is/hope he will be.

and steven taylor? gave a goal away in his very first game. Hasnt set the league alight? should we flog him now in case he becomes another andy obrien? hes played more games than ramage so surely hes another one who isnt going to make it?

and steven taylor? gave a goal away in his very first game. Hasnt set the league alight? should we flog him now in case he becomes another andy obrien? hes played more games than ramage so surely hes another one who isnt going to make it?

106377[/snapback]

Where is the relevance of bring Steven Taylor into it?? I rate Taylor and have seen attributes within his game and rate the boy and feel he can and will become a good player.

As for the flogging shite where has that come from?

And again i will state it is "my opinion" (i do not declare it as fact!) that Ramage is an average player however there is a difference between being an average player and someone who is not going to make it.

I picked some of the worlds best players today, none of whom did fantastically in their first couple of seasons.

Argue for the sake of it if you want but the fact of the matter remains, we dont give players enough time these days.

106343[/snapback]

The only person who technically struggled in his first couple of seasons was Henry. All of the others looked like stars in their first year. I don't see why you chose those people, that's all.

I personally feel what you've done is chosen some of the older stars who you perhaps hadn't heard of when they first started playing.

Anyway, when you say top flight, do you mean in other countries? Because ALL of the players you listed succeeded in their first season in their own country.

106343[/snapback]

The only person who technically struggled in his first couple of seasons was Henry. All of the others looked like stars in their first year. I don't see why you chose those people, that's all.

I personally feel what you've done is chosen some of the older stars who you perhaps hadn't heard of when they first started playing.

Anyway, when you say top flight, do you mean in other countries? Because ALL of the players you listed succeeded in their first season in their own country.

106393[/snapback]

Even Henry managed 26 goals in 47 appearances in his first season. They were pretty piss poor examples tbh.

in his first season at juventus ;)

I think not.

Be pendantic if you like and pick apart my examples but the fact remains, hes played first tem football less than 6months and never really let us down. 1 mistake and we are ready to axe him :jester:

106343[/snapback]

106393[/snapback]

what do you mean by succeeded? ramage often gets acclaim for his performances in his first season in the premier league, across the media on both tv, in the papers, by other managers etc.

yet his own fans have branded him as shite already?

Terry, schevchenko and nistlerooy did not look like 'stars' in their first year. No more so than ramage anyway.

Feel free to disagree for the sake of it but it doesnt change the facts

I honestly don't see why Babayaro gets slated so much.

106397[/snapback]

Yeah, I reckon Baba's been better than Ramage this season. Never seems to get a mention when he makes up for the mistakes of a central defender (many times this season); going forward he's far superior, especially his link-up play with N'Zogbia in recent matches.

106343[/snapback]

106393[/snapback]

what do you mean by succeeded? ramage often gets acclaim for his performances in his first season in the premier league, across the media on both tv, in the papers, by other managers etc.

yet his own fans have branded him as shite already?

Terry, schevchenko and nistlerooy did not look like 'stars' in their first year. No more so than ramage anyway.

Feel free to disagree for the sake of it but it doesnt change the facts

106405[/snapback]

What exactly is fact and who are you arguing with? Read the posts i have yet to see anyone on here call him shite..

I honestly don't see why Babayaro gets slated so much.

106397[/snapback]

Yeah, I reckon Baba's been better than Ramage this season. Never seems to get a mention when he makes up for the mistakes of a central defender (many times this season); going forward he's far superior, especially his link-up play with N'Zogbia in recent matches.

106408[/snapback]

And his lack of effort when he's tracking back is also amazing

To be fair though the likes of Shearer were playing top level football in their teens.  Ramage is what 22 if he was going to be good enough he would have made the breakthrough long before now.

106351[/snapback]

hes not good enough according to you.

and the facts are ' terry, schevchencko and nistlerooy did very little in their first season'

i suppose tony adams would have made the breakthrough long before 22 if he was going to be good enough?

106351[/snapback]

hes not good enough according to you.

and the facts are ' terry, schevchencko and nistlerooy did very little in their first season'

i suppose tony adams would have made the breakthrough long before 22 if he was going to be good enough?

106417[/snapback]

No i do not think he is good enough for the level most Newcastle United fans expect us to be at. That however does not mean i think he is shite.

Again i state in my opinion i have not seen enough attributes in Peter Ramage to think he will be anything better than an average player.