Blurred Vision

adios

Just been sat outside reading in the sun for about an hour. Since I've come back in I've got really blurry vision, had to zoom the text on here to read it. I've had a look on the expansive medical dictionary that is google but haven't found much. Any of you lot know anything about it?

And before any of you clever shites start mentioning masterbation, Jimbo's still using this website without the help of a seeing-eye dog so I should be all right on that front. ;)

I suspect it's God paying you back for sitting outside in the sun reading whilst it's fecking FREEZING over here.

106232[/snapback]

;) In fairness, the only reason I was out today is because it's been horrible over here for the last few weeks and it's the first bit of sun I've seen in a while. So that should make you feel a bit better. It was that old dilemna of working or sitting in the sun, so I thought I'd 'comprimise' and catch up on some business reading in the sun.

If anything God's punishing me for telling that story to my girlfriend this morning about SMO's blind colleague saying that he'd love to see Rangers in the next round of the Champion's League.

Andy - thanks for the tip, but I'll take my chances, all bloody foreigners, these doctors over here, can't understand a word they're saying. I should stress, I'm not at all worried about it, it has happened once before. I just really wanted to know does it happen to everyone in the same situation, is there a name for it and would it affect me long term if I kept doing it.

EDIT: That smiley looks really fucked up with blurred vision...

Edited by DotBum

I've had that before.. I went to sleep and woke up fine.. Just a migraine I think.

106256[/snapback]

Yep, it's back to normal now, my text is back to normal size, I think.

Certainly wouldn't call this a migraine, tiny bit of queasiness and a not-a-headache. There'd be some hard words spoken with past and present girlfriends if this was a migraine! ;)

I reckon your missus fucks with the sharpness on your monitor when you're out and then puts it right later.  It's all part of a plot to eventually have you committed.

106299[/snapback]

She's very good then, she's fucking with the sharpness of the house as well! ;)

She or anyone that knows me could have me committed by drive-thru evaluation tbh.

I reckon your missus fucks with the sharpness on your monitor when you're out and then puts it right later.  It's all part of a plot to eventually have you committed.

106299[/snapback]

She or anyone that knows me could have me committed by drive-thru evaluation tbh.

106309[/snapback]

You don't have to be crazy to sit in the sun reading here but it helps tbh. :jester:

When I was at school I used to have a similar problem, if I read or wrote for long periods then had to look up at the board it was all blurry, and vice versa. Went to the opticions, got some glasses that corrected the problem then after a couple of years I didn't need them anymore.

You don't have to be crazy to sit in the sun reading here but it helps tbh. :jester:

106311[/snapback]

;) Fecker, I'm not kerrazy.

Problem solved, sunglasses. Genius!

106299[/snapback]

106309[/snapback]

Puts contacts in whilst you're sleeping perhaps? That'd be well sly

Just been sat outside reading in the sun for about an hour.  Since I've come back in I've got really blurry vision, had to zoom the text on here to read it.  I've had a look on the expansive medical dictionary that is google but haven't found much.  Any of you lot know anything about it?

And before any of you clever shites start mentioning masterbation, Jimbo's still using this website without the help of a seeing-eye dog so I should be all right on that front. ;)

106221[/snapback]

You need a Braille monitor and keyboard like me !

The retina is made up of 'rods' and 'cones'. The rods contain a photosensitive pigment called rhodopsin. On over-exposure to bright light the rhodopsin basically bleaches out and you lose contrast sensitivity. Over time the rhodopsin regenerates and your vision goes back to normal.

Think of it as a mild version of snow-blindness.

The retina is made up of 'rods' and 'cones'. The rods contain a photosensitive pigment called rhodopsin. On over-exposure to bright light the rhodopsin basically bleaches out and you lose contrast sensitivity. Over time the rhodopsin regenerates and your vision goes back to normal.

106721[/snapback]

Optician Alert!!!!

;)

Optician Alert!!!!

:jester:

106748[/snapback]

Guilty as charged. Well, Dispensing Optician anyway.

106783[/snapback]

I've lost my specs. any ideas where they might be? ;)

106721[/snapback]

Yes, I think many days of blurred vision in my younger days were caused by dilated pupuils letting too much light in the previous evening, you can probably confirm that?

The more dilated the pupil is, the more difficult it is to focus up close.

You also experience contrast problems if, for example, you come out of a cinema (where your eyes have become dark-adapted) on a bright, sunny afternoon. Too much light (let in by the dilated pupil) for the visual system to handle.

I wouldn't completely rule out the visual migraine answer someone gave earlier. Too much bright light (like driving into direct sunlight) can trigger a visual migraine where the vision becomes 'blotchy' or 'patchy' but without the usual headache or nausia.