Big BIG week for me

Geordie Boyo

Could it be any bigger? I think not! :jester:

:jester:

I've got an interview with JPS Insulation this Wednesday at 10:40am, then the very next day I have my driving test at 8:20am...! So my week could either be an excellent one or one of the biggest shitiest weeks of my life...! ;)

I currently work with Newcastle Warm Zone and JPS are one of our contractors so I'd like to think I have a good chance, but you never know really. As far as the driving goes you can be the most experienced driver on the road and make mistakes so anything can happen on the day. Got a driving lesson tomorrow then one an hour before my test....fooking hell...!

:jester:

Interview went quite well today. Got my test tomorrow, wish me luck....I'm ganna need it!  :o

107309[/snapback]

Very, very best of luck petal! ;)

One serious mistake not looking over my shoulder while reverse parking into a parking bay and that was at the test centre, basically before I started off on my journey. Only had 3 minors. Fucking gutted.....

Stick around folks I’ve got to hear back from the job interview I had for some more great news…!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

All the best drivers pass second time mate ;)

107399[/snapback]

Aye, so the failures say. ;)

Passed first time myself but then I'm an ACE driver. :o

I would rebook the test asap if I were you though, sounds like you're good enough to pass no problems and leaving it won't help your confidence. Get straight back in the saddle as they say.

107399[/snapback]

I would rebook the test asap if I were you though, sounds like you're good enough to pass no problems and leaving it won't help your confidence. Get straight back in the saddle as they say.

107403[/snapback]

I was trying to big up his confidence.

To be honest, you do more learning of actual roadcraft after you've passed your test. My brother took about 8 or 9 tests and he does about 60000 miles a year now, no accidents, clean licence.

107399[/snapback]

107403[/snapback]

To be honest, you do more learning of actual roadcraft after you've passed your test. My brother took about 8 or 9 tests and he does about 60000 miles a year now, no accidents, clean licence.

107411[/snapback]

No, I agree. Passing first time or not means little. I passed mine first time but never had the confidence to drive on my own until I absolutely had to (there was a period of maybe 4 years when I hardly drove at all). Now I drive fairly frequently, sometimes quite long distances, never had a scratch. It's all about practice/experience. Mind I still hate driving in rush hour.

107399[/snapback]

107403[/snapback]

107411[/snapback]

No, I agree. Passing first time or not means little. I passed mine first time but never had the confidence to drive on my own until I absolutely had to (there was a period of maybe 4 years when I hardly drove at all). Now I drive fairly frequently, sometimes quite long distances, never had a scratch. It's all about practice/experience. Mind I still hate driving in rush hour.

107415[/snapback]

Me too. I get wound up by the number of RETARDS on the roads. :slap: Something tells me you're probably the same yourself. ;)

107399[/snapback]

107403[/snapback]

107411[/snapback]

107415[/snapback]

Me too. I get wound up by the number of RETARDS on the roads. :slap: Something tells me you're probably the same yourself. ;)

107421[/snapback]

Correct. If I ever do have a crash it will be because of some moron, probably one from Sunderland driving an Echo van. I will be completely innocent, that's for sure.

107399[/snapback]

107403[/snapback]

107411[/snapback]

107415[/snapback]

107421[/snapback]

Correct. If I ever do have a crash it will be because of some moron, probably one from Sunderland driving an Echo van. I will be completely innocent, that's for sure.

107427[/snapback]

Aye that little shite is still denying liability as well.

I have had one crash which was my own fault like, where I drove into the back of some woman. She was partly to blame though because she'd stopped to let some people cross a zebra crossing - I mean WHAT WAS SHE PLAYING AT??? :slap:

107399[/snapback]

Passed first time myself but then I'm an ACE driver. ;)

107403[/snapback]

107411[/snapback]

107415[/snapback]

Me too. I get wound up by the number of RETARDS on the roads. :slap: Something tells me you're probably the same yourself. :slap:

107421[/snapback]

107427[/snapback]

Aye that little shite is still denying liability as well.

I have had one crash which was my own fault like, where I drove into the back of some woman. She was partly to blame though because she'd stopped to let some people cross a zebra crossing - I mean WHAT WAS SHE PLAYING AT??? :slap:

107430[/snapback]

Are you being serious. My wife was hit from behind by some twat when she stopped at a Zebra crossing to let people across. Be frigging scary if that was you. :o

Me too....! and he didn't realize there was a Zebra crossing there only until the person in front of him made an immediate stop so obviously if he had have been in front he would have done the same.....still should a have scanned the road ahead like. ;)

It was my first test. I did so well. Came across just about every hazard possible, but never got worried, just took it in my stride so to find out I had failed because I failed to look over my shoulder through the back windscreen while reverse parking into a bay was a bit of a shitter...! Thing is, it only takes one slight mistake that could cost you after all the effort you've made during that test.

He said to me "you know, I've been comfortable with you in the car, I can confirm you can drive, so don't let it get to you. Rebook your test asap" Well if you think I'm that good then pass me! :o

.....ahhh, bollocks... ;)

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Speaking of Zebra crossings I could have failed because as I came to one a chap was walking across, but instead of waiting for him to fully cross the road I drove on as it was clear. Your supposed to wait just in case he decides to turn back for what ever reason yer see, but I guess he let that one go... :o