Rail tickets

Smooth Operator

On rail tickets where it says Any Route Permitted does this mean you can use any train eg GNER, Virgin etc, whichever gets you where you need to be for the time you need to be there?

106508[/snapback]

I think so. I think the permitted bit just means you can't go to London from Newcastle via Manchester (for example). You have to take the direct route.

It normally means you can't buy a ticket from Durham to newcastle and go via Lahddahn, Cornwall etc

107059[/snapback]

Is there an echo in here? ;)

I think you MIGHt be able to do Newcastle - Manchester - London

107061[/snapback]

I doubt it tbh.

107062[/snapback]

You most certainly can.

If you want to be sure which route you can take, or which are permitted you can use the national railwebsite

107071[/snapback]

Not on a Newcastle-London ticket you can't ;) You have to take the shortest available route.

I think you MIGHt be able to do Newcastle - Manchester - London

107061[/snapback]

I doubt it tbh.

107062[/snapback]

You most certainly can.

If you want to be sure which route you can take, or which are permitted you can use the national railwebsite

107071[/snapback]

;) Curses

From the National Conditions for Travel

"13. The route you can take

Subject to any restrictions stated on your ticket, you have the right to travel on any of the following routes:-

(a) if the ticket states that it can be used in a particular zone or zones, on any route within such zone or zones; and

(;) to the extent that the ticket entitles you to travel otherwise than in a specified zone or zones, on:

(i) the route taking the shortest distance that can be travelled on regular scheduled passenger services between the stations stated on the ticket; and

(ii) any other route(s) that are permitted for your journey (details of which are available at staffed sales points).

Together, these are known as the "permitted routes" for the journey.

If you make your journey by any other route, you will be liable to pay the difference between the price of your ticket and the price of the cheapest ticket(s) available for which no pre-booking is required that would have entitled you to travel by that route on the service(s) you have used. "

I know it's getting on in the afternoon, but isn't this a particularly sad thing to be researching and debating?

107082[/snapback]

;)

What's everyone having for tea tonight then?

I know it's getting on in the afternoon, but isn't this a particularly sad thing to be researching and debating?

107082[/snapback]

;)

107089[/snapback]

Eee, middle of March and we're still getting snow etc...

107082[/snapback]

:jester:

107089[/snapback]

Eee, middle of March and we're still getting snow etc...

107092[/snapback]

Eee, you'll never guess who I saw at the Malmaison. Keith Chegwin, no less. He's eating well, I can tell you.... ;)

I think it may be safest to stay and hide in this thread while the Guantanemo thing is kicking off tbh.... ;)

Edited by catmag

I think it may be safest to stay and hide in this thread while the Guantanemo thing is kicking off tbh.... ;)

107149[/snapback]

Wanker