Peru want Nobby to come out of retirement

Scottish Mag

New Peru head coach Franco Navarro has urged Nolberto Solano to come out of international retirement.

Navarro will initially take charge for Peru's friendlies in 2006 and he insisted he wanted Newcastle winger Solano had a part to play in his plans.

"I think it's important to have the contribution of such experienced men like Solano for the friendly duels we'll play this year," he said.

Despite not having qualified for the World Cup, Peru are planning to play a number of friendly matches against teams who will line up in Germany this summer.

One of these is against Trinidad and Tobago, who play in England's group in the World Cup, in Port of Spain on May 10.

He can fuck right off, what's the point of risking one of our best players (now that Souey has left) in meaningless games?

106723[/snapback]

To be fair i don't have a problem with any player wanting to represent their countries even if its friendlies.

If Owen remains a Newcastle United player will you take the same stance when Engerland play friendly matches?

He can fuck right off, what's the point of risking one of our best players (now that Souey has left) in meaningless games?

106723[/snapback]

To be fair i don't have a problem with any player wanting to represent their countries even if its friendlies.

If Owen remains a Newcastle United player will you take the same stance when Engerland play friendly matches?

106726[/snapback]

Same with every player who is a key member of the squad. I don't approve of stupid friendlies where players can get injured.