Those friendly Ultras

Asprilla

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4808246.stm

Boro fans got stabbed...

I visited Rome 2 weeks ago (had a great time)...but it's noticeable how few black/asian people there are.  ;)

106840[/snapback]

Roma Ultras are possibly the most notorious in Italy, I think their (supposed) political allegiance is to the far left though (not sure tbh), with Lazio having the reputation for their Ultras being Fascist.

Boro fans got stabbed...

I visited Rome 2 weeks ago (had a great time)...but it's noticeable how few black/asian people there are.  :jester:

106840[/snapback]

Roma Ultras are possibly the most notorious in Italy, I think their (supposed) political allegiance is to the far left though (not sure tbh), with Lazio having the reputation for their Ultras being Fascist.

106844[/snapback]

Do they have to go to meetings? :jester:

Ok, we'll be for flat rate taxes and Sunderland can be for a greater welfare state. ;)

Boro fans got stabbed...

I visited Rome 2 weeks ago (had a great time)...but it's noticeable how few black/asian people there are.  :jester:

106840[/snapback]

106844[/snapback]

Ok, we'll be for flat rate taxes and Sunderland can be for a greater welfare state. ;)

106846[/snapback]

They're surprising well organised and their influence goes beyond the terraces. When Thuram was deciding where to go after Parma, Lazio were in the frame and he was met by some of their right-wing Ultras (I think this was arranged by the club, i.e. Lazio) who assured him that they would be happy to have him playing for them (how nice of them). Perhaps unsurprisingly he opted for Juve.

Here was the main reason I was against the BBTN campaign being called the Toon Ultras. I know the group itself had no malicious plans, going to a UEFA Cup tie against someone like Galatasaray, Feyenoord or Roma with a banner saying, "ULTRAS" on it, would be an accident waiting to happen.

Boro fans got stabbed...

I visited Rome 2 weeks ago (had a great time)...but it's noticeable how few black/asian people there are.  ;)

106840[/snapback]

106844[/snapback]

Roma have a far right following as well, the whole left-right thing between them and Lazio isn't especially true (I know a couple of Lazio fans who are definetly not facists!) But on the whole i would say Lazio have the biggest facist following in Italy. Great article here btw.

the nappyrippers ain't having much luck abroad it seems.

Boro fans got stabbed...

106840[/snapback]

106844[/snapback]

106846[/snapback]

They're surprising well organised and their influence goes beyond the terraces. When Thuram was deciding where to go after Parma, Lazio were in the frame and he was met by some of their right-wing Ultras (I think this was arranged by the club, i.e. Lazio) who assured him that they would be happy to have him playing for them (how nice of them). Perhaps unsurprisingly he opted for Juve.

106849[/snapback]

Enough of the calm discussion, shouldn't you two be arguing like little kids?

If the situtation were the otherway round there would be calls for English teams to be chucked out of European competitions again, yet it seems again and again Italian fans can run amok and little seems to happen.

The Smogs have a strange way of attracting trouble in European games. Just about every game involves bother. They had one stabbed to death recently - loads got nicked for trouble in East Europe - coincidence?

Rumour has it that one of the Smogs who was stabbed is a worthless piece of (known) troublemaking scum. Frontline?

Edited by Ugly Mackems

The smogs are despised wherever they go. Was talking to a Spurs fan on Holiday last year and he reckons some nappy rippers took a right liberty on some spurs fans he knew. Reckons the table's will be turned this year when the smogs go down there, going to get singled out for special treatment 'stabbed up' i think, was the term he used.

My best mate went to the Alkmaar game over there last year when there was a stabbing in Amsterdam and said there was a huge Teesside contingent who were there solely to get pissed, stoned and cause trouble.

In fairness, the news reports from this time round seem to exonerate the Smogs of any wrongdoing.

Thats where we drank when we played Roma in 99 (Campo Di Fiori) - saw no bother.

I've found on our trips there that they are shitbags who are happy to use weapons and spend 90 minutes chucking things at you but when faced with anything like even numbers revert to being cowards who don't want to know.

If the situtation were the otherway round there would be calls for English teams to be chucked out of European competitions again, yet it seems again and again Italian fans can run amok and little seems to happen.

106903[/snapback]

You're forgetting Italian fans can do what they like, such as the monkey chants they've been aiming at the smogs black players, which i fully expect to also be ignored by uefa.

Normally i'd want the smogs to lose, but then Roma are acting like a typical italian team and their fans like typical italian fans and they've got on my tits and so i'd be happy to see them dumped out on their arse.

In the first half alone, aside from the diving and play acting, they've elbowed mendietta in the head, took a swing at another smog defender (yet then amazingly dived to the ground themselves) took a sly kick at Boateng and plnety more.

Smogs go through on away goals and it was quite highly charged at times.  Really hope there's no more trouble over there tonight :o

107319[/snapback]

Heard one of the fuckers whinging on 3 Legends - stuck on a bus an hour away from the stadium 70 minutes before KO. Drivers not even on the coaches. Already been there 2 hours.

Hope they missed it!

football hooliganism is the most pointless shitty pastime. Most of them are too fat to play football, have no idea about whats actually going on on the pitch and would shit it if they had to actually have fight without 20 mates behind them.

when i went to the barca away match a few years back we were sat outside a bar when some spanish loon started lobbing glass bottles off his balcony at us!