Toon want Owen to sign up for life..

Scottish Mag

NEWCASTLE are ready to rip up Michael Owen's contract ... and offer him a deal for life.

Owen, 26, is still being linked with a move back to Liverpool, but The SP understands that there is no way Rafa Benitez will change his mind over the England striker.

And Owen - despite being sidelined by his long-term injury - is happy at St James' Park and would be keen to discuss a new package.

It is a bizarre twist to Owen's situation - especially as there are still calls from within Anfield to bring him back t o Merseyside.

And rumours persist that Owen, who has another three seasons left on his contract, has a summer get-out clause in his Newcastle deal.

But we can reveal that Owen has decided that Newcastle is the place for him. He has been impressed by the board's ambition, and a new contract - even though he only signed last year - would be a major statement of intent from both the player and the club.

Owen will be offered a SIX-YEAR deal which would take him to the age of 32.

And he could easily end his career on Tyneside.

The news will be a major boost to Newcastle and a big drawing card as they try to entice a top-class manager.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd is taking his time over the appointment - with Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce the two frontrunners.

And whoever gets the job will be hugely encouraged by Owen's commitment.

It is thought that his close pal Alan Shearer has had a major influence in Owen's decision to commit his long-term future to Newcastle.

NEWCASTLE are ready to rip up Michael Owen's contract ... and offer.......

Chairman Freddy Shepherd is taking his time over the appointment - with Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce the two frontrunners.

And whoever gets the job will be hugely encouraged by Owen's commitment.

It is thought that his close pal Alan Shearer has had a major influence in Owen's decision to commit his long-term future to Newcastle.

108005[/snapback]

I must say that I too have been hugely impressed by his commitment. To England, that is. :o

But we can reveal that Owen has decided that Newcastle is the place for him. He has been impressed by the board's ambition,

Good call all those who answered my questions about the board ....

Which was, eerrr....nobody except pp, mancmag and chocchip....even though we couldn't agree completely, they answered

Could it be that the rumours of a release clause are true and FS has realised what a fuck up this was and wants to offer him a new contract and no doubt a hefty signing on bonus to remove this?

A 6 year deal is fine as long as we're prepared to accept half-heartedness every other season as he prepares for a summer away with England.

108131[/snapback]

Some fabulous tune changing there, Gemmill! :o

A 6 year deal is fine as long as we're prepared to accept half-heartedness every other season as he prepares for a summer away with England.

108131[/snapback]

Some fabulous tune changing there, Gemmill! :o

108135[/snapback]

None of us knew what we were really getting when we signed him, and I've been surprised and disappointed by how England-focussed he's been this season - not tune-changing, just coming to terms with what Owen is all about. That still doesn't excuse you from being "absolutely devastated" when we signed him like. ;)

Groundwork for him leaving in the summer then.

Owen will say that he doesn't want to commint that long/or some other excuse.

The board then doesn't lose face with the 'fans*' since they've made an effort to sign him on. Owen leaves, everybody's a winner.

*Thick supafan cunts like.. same ones that rated Souness.

But we can reveal that Owen has decided that Newcastle is the place for him. He has been impressed by the board's ambition,

Which was, eerrr....nobody except pp, mancmag and chocchip....even though we couldn't agree completely, they answered

108015[/snapback]

I actually agreed with you about Shepherd having ambition (check back if you don't believe me).

how is he taking the piss? the man's got a broken bone in his foot. when he's played for us he's looked commited and well worth the money we spent on him.

it's a shame he's missed so much of the season but i don't see any evidence to back up claims that he is only interested in england and not newcastle.

how is he taking the piss? the man's got a broken bone in his foot. when he's played for us he's looked commited and well worth the money we spent on him.

it's a shame he's missed so much of the season but i don't see any evidence to back up claims that he is only interested in england and not newcastle.

108374[/snapback]

He broke his foot on purpose to make sure he'd be fresh for the World Cup :lol:

108374[/snapback]

I think it's clear where his commitment lies from his interviews. Agree with you he is commited when he plays, but I don't see a long-term committment form him. Besides, I think the money we could get from him could be much better invested in the team, starting with acquiring the right manager. He's a luxury we can't afford right now.

108015[/snapback]

We shouldn't confuse ability with ambition though.

108015[/snapback]

108421[/snapback]

Of course we should, if it supports our increasingly shaky argument.

108374[/snapback]

I think it's clear where his commitment lies from his interviews. Agree with you he is commited when he plays, but I don't see a long-term committment form him. Besides, I think the money we could get from him could be much better invested in the team, starting with acquiring the right manager. He's a luxury we can't afford right now.

108381[/snapback]

He said exactly the same things in his interviews when he was a Liverpool player though. He's always put England before any club he's ever play for, and tbh I don't really care. It's not his fault that he's injured now, and I for one don't want him to rush back anyway.

For some reason the recent interview he gave the Chronicle convinced me that he will be here next season, am I being naive?

For some reason the recent interview he gave the Chronicle convinced me that he will be here next season, am I being naive?

108462[/snapback]

Link?

We (IMO) need to get this chip we have off our shoulders where everyone is out to get us or put us down.

Owen speaks about England a lot because he gets asked about England a lot.

Like it or not England are a bigger story than NUFC to the national media and overseas media.

I wonder if Real Madrid fans are sick of Dvid Beckham talking about England...

Or perhaps Man Utd fans with Rooney, or Liverpool Gerrard?

In fact I know the last one, they are sick of it... but then they've always had a chip on the shoulder, they also pissed and moaned about Owen answering questions abour England.

Seems they have a new rival.

Shame it's off the pitch.

108015[/snapback]

108421[/snapback]

To you and Alex....that is why I ask you to clarify exactly what he's doing that you would do different....because in a competition whereby there are only 2 domestic trohies, and we are overall 5th best in the last decade, whereas we all want to be number 1, thats still success, or certainly not failure.

I would be quite as prepared to hand over the club to a mega billionaire as much as you, but the reality is there are not too many of them around, and Shepherd runs the club pretty well despite his faults.

Edited by LeazesMag

108462[/snapback]

Link?

We (IMO) need to get this chip we have off our shoulders where everyone is out to get us or put us down.

Owen speaks about England a lot because he gets asked about England a lot.

Like it or not England are a bigger story than NUFC to the national media and overseas media.

I wonder if Real Madrid fans are sick of Dvid Beckham talking about England...

Or perhaps Man Utd fans with Rooney, or Liverpool Gerrard?

In fact I know the last one, they are sick of it... but then they've always had a chip on the shoulder, they also pissed and moaned about Owen answering questions abour England.

Seems they have a new rival.

Shame it's off the pitch.

108463[/snapback]

What a dogshit comparison, I bet the Spanish press is overflowing with England stories. No, really.

FFS we have a world class striker ready to commit six years to the club (if the report is true) and half the posters are whinging.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

Where does it say he's agreeing?

FFS we have a world class striker ready to commit six years to the club (if the report is true) and half the posters are whinging.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

Where does it say he's agreeing?

108514[/snapback]

The whole tone of the article is that Owen's happy here and would sign up.

No idea if thats true but if it is I'll be delighted can't understand anyone who wouldn't be.