Toon want Owen to sign up for life..

Scottish Mag

FFS we have a world class striker ready to commit six years to the club (if the report is true) and half the posters are whinging.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

Look mate, I think he's a good player, but I've been very disappointed with him this season re his injury "not coming at the worst time" etc. Yes, he's looked committed when he's played for us, but let's see what happens in the next transfer window before we start talking about him being "ready to commit six years to the club". Personally I think he'll still be here at the end of August, but I think that might have more to do with a lack of offers from the top Prem clubs than anything else.

FFS we have a world class striker ready to commit six years to the club (if the report is true) and half the posters are whinging.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

Look mate, I think he's a good player, but I've been very disappointed with him this season re his injury "not coming at the worst time" etc. Yes, he's looked committed when he's played for us, but let's see what happens in the next transfer window before we start talking about him being "ready to commit six years to the club". Personally I think he'll still be here at the end of August, but I think that might have more to do with a lack of offers from the top Prem clubs than anything else.

108517[/snapback]

Yeah right he organised it with Robinson to break his foot so that he'd have a rest for the WC

Iv'e no idea if he could have rushed back to play Chelski just like you but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

108517[/snapback]

Yeah right he organised it with Robinson to break his foot so that he'd have a rest for the WC

Iv'e no idea if he could have rushed back to play Chelski just like you but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

108518[/snapback]

Are you responding to my post or the voices in your head? Where did I say he engineered his injury? Where did I mention him rushing back to play Chelsea?

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

108517[/snapback]

108518[/snapback]

Are you responding to my post or the voices in your head? Where did I say he engineered his injury? Where did I mention him rushing back to play Chelsea?

108522[/snapback]

I'm taking pills for them voices

You said you were dissapointed re his injury tell me more

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

108517[/snapback]

108518[/snapback]

108522[/snapback]

108524[/snapback]

I said I was disappointed with him saying his injury didn't come at the worst time.

Fuckin ridiculous.

108513[/snapback]

108517[/snapback]

108518[/snapback]

108522[/snapback]

108524[/snapback]

I said I was disappointed with him saying his injury didn't come at the worst time.

108527[/snapback]

Fair enough off to take some more pills

3 domestic trophies aren't there? As in the Premiership title, the FA cup and the League cup?

How are we 5th by the way? You decided that we couldn't use averages....

108505[/snapback]

If you count the league cup, yes, but many don't.

We are talking about the WHOLE period of Freddie's time as chairman, hence the last decade.

Are you being pedantic like your mates ? You used averages for a certain period withouth taking into account any circumstances, simply because it suited your argument. Why not take averages since 1992, seeing as you are one of those who think football began in 1992, and because we haven't won anything since then the board is shit, as we have ALWAYS had 50k gates, ALWAYS bought England players, ALWAYS appointed trophy winning managers, and ALWAYS qualified for europe. Also like your mates, if you want to sound like a whinging manu fan and not look at the facts go ahead, but here they are anyway.

In the last decade, only 4 teams have done better than us on and off the field ie qualifying for europe regularly, buying England players, appointing trophy winning managers, reaching 2 Cup Finals, spending the amount of money we have in the transfer market, acheiving such a turnover to enable all of the above, and filling their stadium, in some cases slightly smaller ones.

Disprove this if you can with factual information. If you can't then stop being such a pillock. That goes not just to you.

Why did all the big city clubs such as Man City, Leeds, Spurs, Villa, Birmingham, mackems, Everton, Portsmouth, Southampton not match us over the past decade, when most of them have done in the past ?

Why do they not choose to be as ambitious as us when they have been in the past.

Why did our old directors for over 30 years not fill the ground with 50k gates, appoint trophy winning or England managers, buy England players, play in europe regularly, and reach a couple of Cup Finals>?

Why did they not have the ambition to build on or sustain the team after the Fairs Cup win ?

Why was 15th in the league and a Cup Final appearance looked on as a "golden era" whereas now it is considered failure ?

If the club has appointed "shit" managers, please explain what they are doing wrong other than appointing trophy winning managers and giving them a huge amount of backing to create the same situation here ?

Answers required, or you have NO argument about the ambition of this football club.

Edited by LeazesMag

We are talking about the WHOLE period of Freddie's time as chairman, hence the last decade.

Are you being pedantic like your mates ? You used averages for a certain period withouth taking into account any circumstances, simply because it suited your argument. Why not take averages since 1992, seeing as you are one of those who think football began in 1992, and because we haven't won anything since then the board is shit, as we have ALWAYS had 50k gates, ALWAYS bought England players, ALWAYS appointed trophy winning managers, and ALWAYS qualified for europe. Also like your mates, if you want to sound like a whinging manu fan and not look at the facts go ahead, but here they are anyway.

Ahhh the old, you dont agree with me therefore your a bandwagon jumper argument. Always a classic.

In the last decade, only 4 teams have done better than us on and off the field ie qualifying for europe regularly, buying England players, appointing trophy winning managers, reaching 2 Cup Finals, spending the amount of money we have in the transfer market, acheiving such a turnover to enable all of the above, and filling their stadium, in some cases slightly smaller ones.

And the buying of England players is classed as a good thing? surely the purchase of the worlds top players is more important than them being English? The purchase of Shearer was down to Keegan, Owen was down to Souness and Shearer. You cant have it both ways, either the chairman is responsible for the purchase of players or not but if thats the case then I'll throw in the words Luque, Boumsong, that Danish donkey that couldnt hit a double barn door..the list is endless.

Turnover yes, but as Ive pointed out a hundred times over the filling of the ground is NOT down to Shepherd its down to changes in the way football is viewed.

Disprove this if you can with factual information. If you can't then stop being such a pillock. That goes not just to you.

Why did all the big city clubs such as Man City, Leeds, Spurs, Villa, Birmingham, mackems, Everton, Portsmouth, Southampton not match us over the past decade, when most of them have done in the past ?

Why do they not choose to be as ambitious as us when they have been in the past.

Why did our old directors for over 30 years not fill the ground with 50k gates, appoint trophy winning or England managers, buy England players, play in europe regularly, and reach a couple of Cup Finals>?

Why did they not have the ambition to build on or sustain the team after the Fairs Cup win ?

Why was 15th in the league and a Cup Final appearance looked on as a "golden era" whereas now it is considered failure ?

If the club has appointed "shit" managers, please explain what they are doing wrong other than appointing trophy winning managers and giving them a huge amount of backing to create the same situation here ?

Answers required, or you have NO argument about the ambition of this football club.

108546[/snapback]

If this is the case then please explain why you said from the start that Souness was shite and refused to back him? Surely, as a Shepherd fan you would have said "I dont agree with it but FS knows what hes doing so I'll go with it".

Can you explain to me why the likes of Boro and Wigan both have far better chairmen than us?

Of course people are free to talk about anything they want about NUFC on this forum, but seriously, this is getting like Groundshog day. :lol:

Don't people ever get bored with typing the same stuff, over and over again? My suggestion is we make a new board called "Has Shepherd done a good job at NUFC", because this is getting ridiculous.

But we can reveal that Owen has decided that Newcastle is the place for him. He has been impressed by the board's ambition,

Good call all those who answered my questions about the board ....

Which was, eerrr....nobody except pp, mancmag and chocchip....even though we couldn't agree completely, they answered

108015[/snapback]

We shouldn't confuse ability with ambition though.

108421[/snapback]

To you and Alex....that is why I ask you to clarify exactly what he's doing that you would do different....because in a competition whereby there are only 2 domestic trohies, and we are overall 5th best in the last decade, whereas we all want to be number 1, thats still success, or certainly not failure.

I would be quite as prepared to hand over the club to a mega billionaire as much as you, but the reality is there are not too many of them around, and Shepherd runs the club pretty well despite his faults.

108493[/snapback]

We haven't been 5th in the last decade on average though in terms of league finishes have we? Also, there are 3 domestic trophies available (I think it might be nice to at least win the League Cup once before we start dismissing it as an irrelevence). Also, we (at least if we're doing as well as you claim) have a shot at a European trophy most years and while we aren't going to win the Champions League (barring a miracle) the UEFA Cup should be within our grasp. That much is true.

I think we've been over what Shepherd has done right/wrong a million times but I will say this: I'll be willing to forgive his various misdemeanours in the past if he gets it right this time. By that I mean getting the right bloke in, ideally someone like Hitzfeld or Hiddink, and giving them full backing and, most importantly, giving them time, i.e. at least 3 years to get things right/get their own team.

Edited by alex

But we can reveal that Owen has decided that Newcastle is the place for him. He has been impressed by the board's ambition,

Good call all those who answered my questions about the board ....

Which was, eerrr....nobody except pp, mancmag and chocchip....even though we couldn't agree completely, they answered

108015[/snapback]

We shouldn't confuse ability with ambition though.

108421[/snapback]

To you and Alex....that is why I ask you to clarify exactly what he's doing that you would do different....because in a competition whereby there are only 2 domestic trohies, and we are overall 5th best in the last decade, whereas we all want to be number 1, thats still success, or certainly not failure.

I would be quite as prepared to hand over the club to a mega billionaire as much as you, but the reality is there are not too many of them around, and Shepherd runs the club pretty well despite his faults.

108493[/snapback]

We haven't been 5th in the last decade on average though in terms of league finishes have we? Also, there are 3 domestic trophies available (I think it might be nice to at least win the League Cup once before we start dismissing it as an irrelevence). Also, we (at least if we're doing as well as you claim) have a shot at a European trophy most years and while we aren't going to win the Champions League (barring a miracle) the UEFA Cup should be within our grasp. That much is true.

I think we've been over what Shepherd has done right/wrong a million times but I will say this: I'll be willing to forgive his various misdemeanours in the past if he gets it right this time. By that I mean getting the right bloke in, ideally someone like Hitzfeld or Hiddink, and giving them full backing and, most importantly, giving them time, i.e. at least 3 years to get things right/get their own team.

108580[/snapback]

For the record, although I have said it too somewhere, I am not discounting the league cup personally I only do because other supporters do as well as other managers and clubs. I don't agree Shepherd has done so much wrong, there is a big difference between getting something totally wrong and not making the perfect choice in such a demanding environment, which is what too many people are detached from reality to see. We could and should have won the UEFA Cup twice recently, the first time if Woodgate and Bellamy had not been injured almost certainly, the 2nd due to fuckwits ego neither of these you can put down to Shepherd, even though I'm sure someone will stupidly try to.

I am sure Shepherd shares the belief that he should give his manager time, that is why he held onto Souness for longer than he should have done, even me and the degree that I despise the cunt can see that, likewise with Bobby Robson he proved the right man will be kept on to build stability that people still claim the club needs having had it for 5 years. Odd.

Lastly, just because our average league position over the last 8/9 years is 8th, 9th, or whatever, since Shepherd became chairman again, doesn't mean we are the 8th or 9th highest placed team on average.

Along with this, the overall picture is as I say, only 4 clubs have done better than us on and off the pitch in this period.

Edited by LeazesMag

Agree about the UEFA Cup last year in particular and it's a point I've made a few times before in the past. Souness's ego cost us a great chance to win it: Robert (who I would have been happy to see leave in the summer) and Bellamy would have made a big difference. It was there for the taking. If Robson had managed us until the end of the season, as he was going to, I honestly think we would have won it and who knows, we might even have got to another FA Cup Final. In true NUFC style though, it wasn't to be.

Ahhh the old, you dont agree with me therefore your a bandwagon jumper argument. Always a classic.

no its not, its just stating facts. We have no devine right to win a cup just because we get 52k fans, [the attitude which attracts so much scorn from the southern media BTW] and we haven't always had 52k fans, only since the club was run to attract them [rather than piss them off hugely]

And the buying of England players is classed as a good thing? surely the purchase of the worlds top players is more important than them being English? The purchase of Shearer was down to Keegan, Owen was down to Souness and Shearer. You cant have it both ways, either the chairman is responsible for the purchase of players or not but if thats the case then I'll throw in the words Luque, Boumsong, that Danish donkey that couldnt hit a double barn door..the list is endless.

Turnover yes, but as Ive pointed out a hundred times over the filling of the ground is NOT down to Shepherd its down to changes in the way football is viewed.

The chairman and the board is responsible for the finance and capability to buy these players, they don't choose them personally the team manager does that.

Jeezus PP why do you along with some others think the chairman is the team manager here ?

And football has changed for ALL the clubs - why haven't the mackems and all the other big city clubs changed like us ? Why haven't they chosen not to be as ambitious or compete at the same level ?

More confirmation here of how successfully expectations have been raised. We have a divine right to attract the worlds top players ? Before Shepherd and the Halls, for over 3 decades, the best players we attracted were from the old 2nd division mate, now and again bolstered by a half decent first division one.

108546[/snapback]

If this is the case then please explain why you said from the start that Souness was shite and refused to back him? Surely, as a Shepherd fan you would have said "I dont agree with it but FS knows what hes doing so I'll go with it".

Can you explain to me why the likes of Boro and Wigan both have far better chairmen than us?

108571[/snapback]

Fair comment I could have done that, but you have to accept that in such an industry you don't get it right all the time. What other industry would say being the 5th best is failure ? Because that is the criteria being applied. I accept that Souness was the first appointment made by Shepherd, which in my opinion, wasn't made with sound professional reasoning. I have never said anything else.

Although they still continue to run the club extremely well, and with huge ambition, they must be to have handed him so much money.

Why do the smoggies and Wigan have better chairman ? Do they? The smoggies certainly have possibly the best chairman going [so why do the smoggies have a better chairman than Manu ? ] but I'm not so sure about Dave Whelan, Wigan have done well but there have been no demands on him yet. We will see what he does when the going gets a bit tougher and the expectation is a bit higher.

Note to others: I have gave answers to questions here, unlike my continual requests for all the big city clubs that have done better than us, the reasons why they have not, and also the reasons why our previous directors didn't run the club like the current ones do.

Edited by LeazesMag

I answered your questions too the other day Leazes. You never replied. Funny that like.

108677[/snapback]

they weren't directed at you

108705[/snapback]

:lol: Convenient

I answered your questions too the other day Leazes. You never replied. Funny that like.

108677[/snapback]

they weren't directed at you

108705[/snapback]

:lol: Convenient

108710[/snapback]

Not really Alex, if someone else thinks they are right, why not just repeat them ?

As it happens at least you have partly answered some of them, although not the ones that clearly show us to be well above the vast majority of the big city clubs thanks to Shepherd and the major shareholder, Hall, running the club as such

Calm doon man, I'm taking the piss. I'm sick of going on about it, aren't you?

108718[/snapback]

Of course .... just admit I'm right then :lol:

Anyway, haven't you bought a PC to have at home yet you tight git

Calm doon man, I'm taking the piss. I'm sick of going on about it, aren't you?

108718[/snapback]

Of course .... just admit I'm right then :lol:

Anyway, haven't you bought a PC to have at home yet you tight git

108809[/snapback]

And lie? Never :lol: