Runtime Error

catmag

I've got 2 accounts on my home pc - my own and a guest account. Now I switched the pooter on this morning and couldn't get into IE on my own account. The error message was that there was a Runtime Error (I'll post the whole thing when I go back into it and have a proper look) Now I've clicked into the guest account and it's connecting to IE no problem - hence here I am. Anyone have any ideas? I've not changed any settings and it was opening fine last night. :o Broadband is working fine - it just won't let me open the internet....

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information.

Have you got the Google toolbar installed in that profile? I've heard of this problem happening a few times because of a corrputed toolbar. Try uninstalling any additional toolbars you may have one at a time to see if that solves it.

The standard response of "use Firefox" will suffice if that dont work.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application support team for more information.

8378[/snapback]

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16664

Have a look at this...if you search in google for this fault exactly, there are lots of others who get it. I think I had it myself once but it disappeared when I reinstalled IE6 ( I think this is all i did but not sure).

I was hoping to find a link to a microsoft site to specifically deal with it, but suggest you look as well, I will continue having a look for you

Have you got the Google toolbar installed in that profile? I've heard of this problem happening a few times because of a corrputed toolbar. Try uninstalling any additional toolbars you may have one at a time to see if that solves it.

8379[/snapback]

But I can't get into IE to download Firefox.

I do have a Google toolbar installed so I'll give that a go. Just running a virus scan at the mo too.

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16664

Have a look at this...if you search in google for this fault exactly, there are lots of others who get it. I think I had it myself once but it disappeared when I reinstalled IE6 ( I think this is all i did but not sure).

I was hoping to find a link to a microsoft site to specifically deal with it, but suggest you look as well, I will continue having a look for you

Thank you. I shall have a look. :o

8379[/snapback]

8381[/snapback]

But you can get on here to post the fact you cant get on the Internet? :o;)

8379[/snapback]

8381[/snapback]

8382[/snapback]

another possible help

http://www.mcse.ms/message1749226.html

8379[/snapback]

8381[/snapback]

8382[/snapback]

Okay, I was being thick. If I install it on this account I assume I'll be able to use it across all accounts...

Okay, I was being thick.  If I install it on this account I assume I'll be able to use it across all accounts...

8384[/snapback]

Or best bet is to download it as a "Save to disc" and save to a global area such as the C: drive then just install it on whichever account you want.

What is the "google toolbar "......is it something to do with a google account ?

8391[/snapback]

Its handy to have although not really essential, it basically provides a quick way to do a Google search, an always present seach box and a few other bits n bobs including a canny pop up blocker. You dont have to register it or have any kind of google or gmail account to use it either.

Google Downloads here