Very Noticable Today After Shola Scored

Ugly Mackems

Not one Toon player offered him their hand in congratulations.

Seems strange at that stage of the game that everyone turned their backs on him after he gave us a lifeline.

Perhaps his colleagues have had it up to here (taps himself on the top of his head) with him also.

Not one Toon player offered him their hand in congratulations.

Seems strange at that stage of the game that everyone turned their backs on him after he gave us a lifeline.

Perhaps his colleagues have had it up to here (taps himself on the top of his head) with him also.

108217[/snapback]

I noticed it and I thought it was a disgrace tbh.

Wasn't he in The Express saying he'd beat Shearer and Milburn's scoring records combined next season, all whilst playing as rush goalie, before flying into space to destroy an asteroid threatening impending doom on mankind with his bare hands?

Wasn't he in The Express saying he'd beat Shearer and Milburn's scoring records combined next season, all whilst playing as rush goalie, before flying into space to destroy an asteroid threatening impending doom on mankind with his bare hands?

108253[/snapback]

I know you don't like / rate him, (who does?) but the reaction after his goal was shocking, not least from the club captain.

whilst shola was off dancing round the corner flag like he'd just scored the winner in the cup final, his team mates were quite rightly getting back to the half way line ready to carry on getting themselves out of the mess that their previous forty minutes worth of effort (or lack of) had got them in.

nothing too shocking in it as far as I'm concerned. we were still a goal behind and there was a game to be getting on with.

whilst shola was off dancing round the corner flag like he'd just scored the winner in the cup final, his team mates were quite rightly getting back to the half way line ready to carry on getting themselves out of the mess that their previous forty minutes worth of effort (or lack of) had got them in.

nothing too shocking in it as far as I'm concerned. we were still a goal behind and there was a game to be getting on with.

108262[/snapback]

Howay man, he'd just got us back in the game and you're basically having a go at him for celebrating the goal. :lol:

The reaction to the goal around me was delayed because we all assumed he was offside, as usual. Has there been a falling out in the dressing room then?

108265[/snapback]

:lol: Everyone in the ground looked at the linesman 1st. FACT-A-MUNDO.

108262[/snapback]

Howay man, he'd just got us back in the game and you're basically having a go at him for celebrating the goal. :lol:

108263[/snapback]

Are you arguing with yourself?

108262[/snapback]

108263[/snapback]

Are you arguing with yourself?

108270[/snapback]

:lol:

108253[/snapback]

I know you don't like / rate him, (who does?) but the reaction after his goal was shocking, not least from the club captain.

108255[/snapback]

people have short memories ... remember what happened when Shola scored vs Bolton?

:lol: it took me for ever to realise whether it was a goal. Once again I wouldnt read anything in this at all.

I did think it a bit odd that not one player went over to him, especially as he was celebrating loads.. I doubt there's anything in it though, they probably just wanted to keep the game moving while we had a bit of momentum then congratulate him at half time.

108253[/snapback]

108255[/snapback]

probably the club capt is fed up too

:lol: rocks

108262[/snapback]

108263[/snapback]

Not so much with Shola celebrating the goal, although he did seem to be very pleased with himself. I was just saying that as far as I was concerned I dont see the fact that none of his team mates celebrated with him to be much of an issue. Perhaps they just wanted to get on with the rest of the game, we weren't playing very well and still losing after all.

Sometimes we can be too quick to read something sinister in something totally harmless.

Of couse his team mates may well think he's a talentless third rate footballer.

Glad i wasnt the only one who noticed this.

After jumping up and down celebrating myself watching Shola run past to the corner, i then thought. . . no other player was celebrating . . . odd

I'm sure all the thiefs found it funny watching him celebrate with himself.

108452[/snapback]

How very Christian of you...

108452[/snapback]

108456[/snapback]

Yup. Hence the subtle comment, that didn't quite work..

I think I gave up on telling people not to generalise. Used to hearing terms like bible basher etc..

108452[/snapback]

108456[/snapback]

:lol: