Hitzfeld article a hoax

Taylor27

Could you be a bit more specific please?

111373[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure what you mean, to put it at its simplest: If 2,000 users vote on a poll and then the same 2,000 users sign a petition, that doesn't equal 4,000 people.

2,000 people voted for Hitzfeld in an internet poll.

You claim a further 2,000 signed an online petition, therefore you're adding the 2 together and coming up with a figure of 4,000.

It would be normal to assume a very similar group (Newcastle fans/Hitzfeld fans/Internet Users/etc.), of which there are a relatively small number, using 2 approval mechanisms being distributed largely in the same space as overlapping, unless you had specific data available to indicate otherwise.

Then expand that example out to include the support emails you have received and any other means of calculating figures you are using.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That toon dossier is quite interesting. Did you know 16% of the people of Newcastle practice irreligion, as opposed to over 70% who are Christian?

Jesus wept.

Edit: it's here btw in case anyone is interested.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/toondoss.pdf

I'm sure our German readers await the German version with bated breath.

111405[/snapback]

It looks like it's just an internet copy+paste job. I'd be slightly concerned about the focus: 2 pages on Newcastle United; 4 on the railway and 20 on golf-courses.

That toon dossier is quite interesting. Did you know 16% of the people of Newcastle practice irreligion, as opposed to over 70% who are Christian?

Jesus wept.

111405[/snapback]

It looks like it's just an internet copy+paste job. I'd be slightly concerned about the focus: 2 pages on Newcastle United; 4 on the railway and 20 on golf-courses.

111410[/snapback]

I just looked at the pictures as I got bored..... :o

Could you be a bit more specific please?

111373[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure what you mean, to put it at its simplest: If 2,000 users vote on a poll and then the same 2,000 users sign a petition, that doesn't equal 4,000 people.

2,000 people voted for Hitzfeld in an internet poll.

You claim a further 2,000 signed an online petition, therefore you're adding the 2 together and coming up with a figure of 4,000.

It would be normal to assume a very similar group (Newcastle fans/Hitzfeld fans/Internet Users/etc.), of which there are a relatively small number, using 2 approval mechanisms being distributed largely in the same space as overlapping, unless you had specific data available to indicate otherwise.

Then expand that example out to include the support emails you have received and any other means of calculating figures you are using.

111406[/snapback]

Semantics tbh.

Why, will I get wrong or something?

111470[/snapback]

The example I gave offered a real 100% difference in the statistics, a pretty perfect example of an un-semantical argument; I'm assuming you're using words you don't understand. Whenever someone tries to nicely explain where you're making an error, you don't listen. I'm just suggesting you look at your figures if you're not trying to mislead all the people who have faith in you.

Semantics tbh.

111465[/snapback]

I really hope you're joking.

111468[/snapback]

I hoped he was too!

The way you set it out could not have been more simple, Dotbum, in showing exactly what you meant i.e. the adding up of the same people twice.

111470[/snapback]

The example I gave offered a real 100% difference in the statistics, a pretty perfect example of an un-semantical argument; I'm assuming you're using words you don't understand. Whenever someone tries to nicely explain where you're making an error, you don't listen. I'm just suggesting you look at your figures if you're not trying to mislead all the people who have faith in you.

111472[/snapback]

You over analyse too much.

You read what you want to read, you've looked at those figures and automatically assumed that we are viewing the poll results and the petition results as two different things, and that we have then added the two together to come to our final figure.

Why on here does every thread or post descend into a battle of semantics, or as in Bum's case, who can be the most patronising wanker?

You over analyse too much.

You read what you want to read, you've looked at those figures and automatically assumed that we are viewing the poll results and the petition results as two different things, and that we have then added the two together to come to our final figure.

Why on here does every thread or post descend into a battle of semantics, or as in Bum's case, who can be the most patronising wanker?

111479[/snapback]

Hey, leave us jews out of it!!

Okay, a shit joke :o:o

http://www.hitzfeldforthetoon.com/interview.php  :o

Others believe we are wasting our time, or are making fools of ourselves, while one fan from another forum went to extreme lengths by attempting to set up an elaborate hoax, creating false e-mails and a website pretending to be a reporter from Germany and wanting to do an interview with us. Luckily we quickly realised it was all a hoax.

:o

But it is good to see that HTT is at least keeping the questions short when he is soliloquising...

111109[/snapback]

We had you sussed all along man...

111470[/snapback]

111472[/snapback]

No, never......HTT would never do something like that..... :o

Jesus wept.

111405[/snapback]

111410[/snapback]

Aye, it is. One of the most useful things about Google is it's great at detecting blatent plagiarism. None of this "dossier" is original, it's all cut and pasted from wikipedia and such. I'm not saying that it was claimed the document was original, but what a waste of time. Why on Earth would Hitzfeld want to read this gash? Peaspud has obviously spent a fair bit of time on his hoax, but at least it's given most of us a laugh as well as exposing how shoddy journalism can be (not that that's a surprise).

Anyway, how do you practise irreligion? An oxymoron, Shirley.

Jesus wept.

111405[/snapback]

111410[/snapback]

Aye, it is. One of the most useful things about Google is it's great at detecting blatent plagiarism. None of this "dossier" is original, it's all cut and pasted from wikipedia and such. I'm not saying that it was claimed the document was original, but what a waste of time. Why on Earth would Hitzfeld want to read this gash? Peaspud has obviously spent a fair bit of time on his hoax, but at least it's given most of us a laugh as well as exposing how shoddy journalism can be (not that that's a surprise).

111511[/snapback]

Jesus wept, no-one told you to read it and it wasn't just created for the Hitzfeld thing and again, no-one said it was an original piece or a stunning account of all things Newcastle/Geordie. I can't help feeling some of the remarks of late are borne out of petty past rivalries or some other personal agenda type shit.

Get a life you sad bastards, sitting picking away at every nook and cranny of every piece of text, word, comment or whatever from the Hitzfeld thing or N.O

At least Peasepud was original.

111516[/snapback]

If you publish something on the internet, expect criticism. I was just curious as to what the point was of making a "dossier" consisting entirely of other people's work stitched together from the internet (all unreferenced and uncredited), and more to the point, in what way did you think this was going to influence Hitzfeld?

Did you really think he was going to say "Wow, Look at all ze golf courzes near Newcastle, I must zign for them?" :o

Jesus wept.

111405[/snapback]

111410[/snapback]

111511[/snapback]

Jesus wept, no-one told you to read it and it wasn't just created for the Hitzfeld thing and again, no-one said it was an original piece or a stunning account of all things Newcastle/Geordie. I can't help feeling some of the remarks of late are borne out of petty past rivalries or some other personal agenda type shit.

Get a life you sad bastards, sitting picking away at every nook and cranny of every piece of text, word, comment or whatever from the Hitzfeld thing or N.O

111516[/snapback]

If you publish something on the internet, expect criticism. I was just curious as to what the point was of making a "dossier" consisting entirely of other people's work stitched together from the internet (all unreferenced and uncredited), and more to the point, in what way did you think this was going to influence Hitzfeld?

Did you really think he was going to say "Wow, Look at all ze golf courzes near Newcastle, I must zign for them?" :o

111526[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

111405[/snapback]

111410[/snapback]

111511[/snapback]

There was huuuuuuuge over-reporting of golf courses in that dossier like! It was quite an interesting read up until that point. I found it quite funny that it was supposed to be information on the local area and then I came across a detailed despcription of Sunningdale golf course...

There was huuuuuuuge over-reporting of golf courses in that dossier like!  It was quite an interesting read up until that point.  I found it quite funny that it was supposed to be information on the local area and then I came across a detailed despcription of Sunningdale golf course...

111530[/snapback]

I skip past the golf stuff, don't see the fascination with it myself, boring game for boring people. Probably Hitzfeld's only weakness :o

There was huuuuuuuge over-reporting of golf courses in that dossier like!  It was quite an interesting read up until that point.  I found it quite funny that it was supposed to be information on the local area and then I came across a detailed despcription of Sunningdale golf course...

111530[/snapback]

I skip past the golf stuff, don't see the fascination with it myself, boring game for boring people. Probably Hitzfeld's only weakness :o

111531[/snapback]

114.jpg

Proper legend and all.

111529[/snapback]

You're the one acting the cyber-warrior, like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.