FAO David Icke - Son of God

Zathras

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you be "all for free speech" and then take offence when somebody says something that affects you personally?

I'd say that makes you a hypocrite.

108933[/snapback]

bloody hell it's kicking off left right and centre tonight.

How can you be "all for free speech" and then take offence when somebody says something that affects you personally?

I'd say that makes you a hypocrite.

108933[/snapback]

bloody hell it's kicking off left right and centre tonight.

108950[/snapback]

And whats your problem? :lol:

No I don't wish to stir up controversy. Only to point out how foolish the first statement was made to look by the last. It's such a common rouse of course, I'm not racist but these towel heads are all whatever, or I'm a liberal free thinking guy but Hitler had some great ideas to eradicate unemployment.

It wasn't the claim that I had an issue with it was simply the jarring contradiction of statements.

No offense Zathras, I'm sure several of your close family died in those horrendous pictures we all saw.

No I don't wish to stir up controversy. Only to point out how foolish the first statement was made to look by the last. It's such a common rouse of course, I'm not racist but these towel heads are all whatever, or I'm a liberal free thinking guy but Hitler had some great ideas to eradicate unemployment.

It wasn't the claim that I had an issue with it was simply the jarring contradiction of statements.

No offense Zathras, I'm sure several of your close family died in those horrendous pictures we all saw.

108956[/snapback]

Careful Django, he'll invade you.

:lol:

Yes, my uncle did die in those attacks.

I may not respect what you say, but I will go as far as to die for your right to say it--that's defense of free speech. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I won't ask you (nicely, I believe) to not say it if I (or in certain cases, others) find it offensive.

You really don't see any hypocrisy there? Perhaps I'm losing my powers of reason here but as much as we all respect your loss how can you wish to die for freedom of speech and then want to cenosr somebody else. If you don't see the inherent hypocrisy here either you or I are one goal short of a Boumsong defensive display.

I think you should. It's a foolish avatar and it's offended Zathras enough for him to post this thread. Perhaps you should explain what other than the pure controversy factor inspired you to choose such a set of images as your avatar. What is it saying to you? Why do you want yourself identified with it?

Hmmm... now what if an american had an avatar of an IRA bombing in London or Manchester.... really any of them being as they all were vicious. What then? If they were asked to remove the avatar would that also be deemed hypocritical? Or just a matter of poor judgement and then courtesy? Touchy subjects, both of them.

[/devil's advocacy]

Edited by Mags

It's a fucking joke, it's a picture on an inept, fiction, Irish priest flying a milk float into the Twin Towers and i'm sorry if any of you lot find it offensive but that's your problem, not mine and i'm not changing it unless there is some divine intervetion. I'm sick of everyone being too thin skinned and taking everything to heart.

Mags, feel free to have an avatar of an IRA bombing because I personally couldn't give a shit. I have more to worry about than what some numpty has as their avatar on a fucking messageboard. Complain to someone with a sympathetic ear who actually gives a damn.

It's a fucking joke, it's a picture on an inept, fiction, Irish priest flying a milk float into the Twin Towers and i'm sorry if any of you lot find it offensive but that's your problem, not mine and i'm not changing it unless there is some divine intervetion. I'm sick of everyone being too thin skinned and taking everything to heart.

Mags, feel free to have an avatar of an IRA bombing because I personally couldn't give a shit. I have more to worry about than what some numpty has as their avatar on a fucking messageboard. Complain to someone with a sympathetic ear who actually gives a damn.

108996[/snapback]

Ooooooooh get you. Mum raid your room again Skol?

108996[/snapback]

That milk floats got a fucking complicated dashboard if you ask me. As for it being a joke, pretty fucking sick one don't you think.

108996[/snapback]

That milk floats got a fucking complicated dashboard if you ask me. As for it being a joke, pretty fucking sick one don't you think.

108999[/snapback]

No, I don't. It was five years ago, life goes on. Lighten up. If you're that offended tell a mod.

Mags it's not the asking for removal that is hypocritical, it is rather the saying you believe in freedom and then asking for censorship that is. Really changing the circumstances doesn't affect the issue. My issue anyway. But as I've said I'm in support of Zathras in his asking for the avatar to be be changed. If only because I believe the avatar has been chosen for shock value only and as such has achieved it's effect and can now be changed in the best interest of all concerned. I believe the avatar has been chosen conciously or unconciously to provoke this sort or reaction and is thus obviously detestable. However, we can't force every detestable idea however stupidly arrived at under the carpet or else internet forums would be a barren wasteland. I leave it ultimately to the conscience of the avatar holder.

Believe me I didn't choose it for shock value, I chose it because I found it amusing. If that makes me a heartless bastard then so be it but it's not getting changed because I think some people on this board need to realise they can't impose their will on others.

108996[/snapback]

108999[/snapback]

No, I don't. It was five years ago, life goes on. Lighten up. If you're that offended tell a mod.

109001[/snapback]

Offended, not quite, not so thin skinned. Just my opinion, you do know what an opinion is.

Amazing that it happened a whole five years ago, glad everyones over it then. Them americans don't half have long memories, they should just put it to bed by now and forget it ever happened.

Im backing him here, ut th reason is becaseI see humour as a valid way to deal with bad things....

http://www.iamfuckingterrified.com/

A prime example, set up by us, after the tube bombings in london.

And Im not suggesting that everyuone should roll around on the floor pissing themselves the next time people die, I like the idea of laughing in the face of terrorists. If we dont, well, they have a great way of affecting us.

No one is laughing at people dying, to me it sticks 2 fingers up at the terrorists.

Edited by k4t0

Im backing him here, ut th reason is becaseI see humour as a valid way to deal with bad things....

www.imfuckngterrified.com

A prime example, set up by us, after the tube bombings in london.

And Im not suggesting that everyuone should roll around on the floor pissing themselves the next time people die, I like the idea of laughing in the face of terrorists.  If we dont, well, they have a great way of affecting us.

No one is laughing at people dying, to me it sticks 2 fingers up at the terrorists.

109007[/snapback]

I'm not changing it. Freedom of speech and all that....

108979[/snapback]

aye well bollocks I just have, freedom of speech or not, it offends and well Im on a roll today so only I can offend people, you aint taking my glory away today.

While you're at it could you please stop people posting mean things about my student-ness.

it offends me to my very core. :lol: