Luq who's set for reserves

Emre

Newcastle United's £9.5m striker Albert Luque will play for the reserves in tonight's game with Aston Villa at Walsall's Bescot Stadium.

And so too will Senegal international Amady Faye, who has been unable to force his way into the United side since returning from the African Nations Cup at the beginning of last month.

And watching the pair of them tonight - and the likes of Michael Chopra, Martin Brittain and Alan O'Brien - will be caretaker manager Glenn Roeder.

This will be Luque's first taste of reserve-team football since he arrived from Deportivo La Coruna last August, and I can imagine he will not find it to his liking because there are no second strings as such back in Spain.

However, Roeder told me today: "Both Luque and Faye will play tonight because it is important for them to get some match practice.

"I know it's new to them but at least they will be playing on a decent Football League pitch and not a non-league ground. They both need some competitive football and tonight is important.

"In fact, I consider it so important that after flying up from London early today and then taking training, I will be driving down to the Midlands to watch tonight's game."

Roeder has been left with a squad short in numbers by the previous regime, and he does not have too many alternatives for Saturday's game with Spurs at St James' Park following Sunday's depressing defeat by Charlton at The Valley.

But Luque is one and after The Chronicle revealed last night that it was on the cards that the Spaniard would be on the bus for the Midlands tonight, the ball is in his court.

Both his performances and his attitude have been very poor, but United supporters in Spain tell me he has the talent and the ability to become not only a big hit at St James' Park, but also a big favourite with the Toon Army.

But first Luque has got to show how much he wants to wear the black-and-white shirt - starting under the watchful eyes of Roeder at Walsall's Bescot Stadium tonight.

should have happened sooner tbh

This whole Luque situation is really winding me up! just throw him in the first 11 for god sake... what's the worst that can happen?

111300[/snapback]

He makes Amoebi looking like a good footballer?

This whole Luque situation is really winding me up! just throw him in the first 11 for god sake... what's the worst that can happen?

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

:o luque urinates upon shola from a great height

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

111307[/snapback]

Have you phoned the News Of The World?

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

impossible señor!

even if he plays and doesnt touch the ball for 90mins, i'll be happier than having to watch shola.

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

111307[/snapback]

And there's the frustration, he's a good player. But he clearly doesn't give a shit.

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

111307[/snapback]

And there's the frustration, he's a good player. But he clearly doesn't give a shit.

111311[/snapback]

:o good god

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

111307[/snapback]

111311[/snapback]

111313[/snapback]

Fantastic argument, you've managed to convince me.

111300[/snapback]

111303[/snapback]

111307[/snapback]

111311[/snapback]

111313[/snapback]

Fantastic argument, you've managed to convince me.

111316[/snapback]

why would i need to convince you?

In Spain, I saw him score goals, create them, link the midfield and attack well, and was pacy with a good cross, pass and shot on him.

However, at Newcastle, I'm with you...I've seen nothing which might suggest he'll do this in England for one reason or another (pace of the English game, Luque's mentality, etc).

Luque lasted 13 mins

13min Luque eventually gets to his feet, but the number 10 board comes up and Chris Farman comes off the bench to replace him. In a change of formation, Farman goes onto the left side of a back three, with Phil Cave and Craig Baxter operating as wing backs and Alan O'Brien going up front with Chopra.

10min Luque goes down holding his left ankle after a challenge with Gary Cahill on the edge of the box. Play continues while he receives treatment behind the goal.

Luque lasted 13 mins

13min Luque eventually gets to his feet, but the number 10 board comes up and Chris Farman comes off the bench to replace him. In a change of formation, Farman goes onto the left side of a back three, with Phil Cave and Craig Baxter operating as wing backs and Alan O'Brien going up front with Chopra.

10min Luque goes down holding his left ankle after a challenge with Gary Cahill on the edge of the box. Play continues while he receives treatment behind the goal.

111432[/snapback]

Lazy fucking twat!

The fact that we've conceded TWO goals in the 13 minutes he WAS on the pitch, and then only ONE in the 77 minutes that he WASN'T on the pitch tells me all I need to know about Albert Luque.

:o What a fucking joke!!!

Can't believe he's so bad.

Looked amazing in Depor, now he's just shite!

My patience is over with this - Get rid tbh.

Straight swap with Woody would do :o

Edited by janu

The fact that we've conceded TWO goals in the 13 minutes he WAS on the pitch, and then only ONE in the 77 minutes that he WASN'T on the pitch tells me all I need to know about Albert Luque.

111441[/snapback]

you're taking the piss right Gemmill?

111441[/snapback]

you're taking the piss right Gemmill?

111557[/snapback]

:o