new season changes.

belfast_mag01

under o neill i think we can really challenge the top four of the league and contrary to everyones thoughts that we need a complete team reshuffle i think five new players on a budget of 20 million would do the trick. (this is if o'neill gets the job of course)

IN anelka(7million) upson(4.5 million if brum go down) sutton(4million if brum go down) petrov(7.5million) barry(5 million)

OUT boumsong(4 million), babayaro(1.5million) EMRE(8MILLION) milner(swap for barry)

THAT WOULD STILL LEAVE A HEALTHY SQUAD WHILST NOT BLOWING THE TRANSFER FUND COMPLETELY.

p.s. i think stilian petrov offers alot more than emre. better physical presence, beter header, better passer and scores goals. now is a great time to cash in on emre in my opinion.

THAT LEAVES A STARTING LINE UP OF:

GIVEN

STEPHEN CARR

STEPHEN TAYLOR

MATTHEW UPSON

GARETH BARRY

DYER

PARKER

PETROV

ZOGGY

ANELKA

OWEN

SUBS: SOLANO, BRAMBLE, HARPER, AMEOBI, BOWYER

DISCUSS?

Barry's ok but nowt spesh and he hasn't played left-back for ages plus, being English, he'd be overpriced.

112353[/snapback]

5m plus Milner according to that post.

Barry's ok but nowt spesh and he hasn't played left-back for ages plus, being English, he'd be overpriced.

112353[/snapback]

112357[/snapback]

Think I'd rather have another look at Milner.

112353[/snapback]

112357[/snapback]

Think I'd rather have another look at Milner.

112361[/snapback]

Definitely, Dyer isn't too hot at crossing the ball, and Milner seems to have come on canny well down there.

a few dubious valuations up there like. personally, i'd be looking to sign a new centre half, a couple of new full backs - preferably ones that can also play at centre half - and a couple of new strikers.

i think we've got enough quality in midfield but we're weak as piss up top and the less said about the defence the better.

i'd get rid of boumsong, bramble, bowyer and elliot to anyone stupid enough to take them off our hands.

god knows if we'll have to money left over to get the right players in. something tells me we won't be caining £5m+ on the likes of barry, petrov and anelka, or getting £8m for emre.