3 Liverpool - If they can stop depending on Gerrard

4 Man Utd - Plenty of goals, but suspect farther back

5 Tottenham - Davids still a class act

6 Middlesbrough - Little by little....

7 Aston Villa - O'Leary knows what he wants

8 Birmingham - Second city second again

9 Bolton - No one likes playing them

10 Blackburn - Bellamy player of the year

11 Newcastle - Why did we sell Bellamy again?

12 Everton - Close, but no cigar

13 Charlton - Can't think of anything to say

14 Man City - Stuart Pearce's hair turns white

15 Portsmouth - Fancy relying on Laurent Robert

16 Sunderland - The new Bolton

17 West Ham - Teddy Sheringham knighted

18 Fulham - Down in last-day drama

19 Wigan - Took too long finding their feet

20 West Brom - Should have gone down last season

I agree with Alex. Unfortunately I think we are in for a hard hard season. Even when Souness is binned, the new manager will be stuck with a squad full of central midfield players and one 35 year old forward.

Still, it's all Shepherds fault :o

Deja Vue. Start again, again.

Edited by LeazesMag

I agree with Alex. Unfortunately I think we are in for a hard hard season. Even when Souness is binned, the new manager will be stuck with a squad full of midfield players and one 35 year old forward.

Still, it's all Shepherds fault  :o

Deja Vue. Start again, again.

8685[/snapback]

It is partly Shepherd's fault though.

So far as he appointed the fuckwit and allowed him money and freedom to damage the club, yes.

8688[/snapback]

That's what I meant :o

Theres some thought and logic behind some of their choices there.

I expect Chelsea to win it again, manu could just as easilly finish 4th as 2nd and Liverpool have a top class manager (amazing the difference that makes over having a moron like us!) so could break into the top 3.

With Spurs again they have a good manager and a decent squad so they may surprise people.

As for us god knows where we will finish but you can't blame them for putting us where they did whilst we have Souness ruining us and if he stays fit Bellamy can easilly take Blackburn to 10th.

If we can bring in one decent striker and keep him fit, we shouldn't even be considering the bottom half.

Should we bring in two strikers, then anything below 7th should ensure Souness' contract is not renewed.

Personally, I think all this talk of relegation is way over the top.

If we can bring in one decent striker and keep him fit, we shouldn't even be considering the bottom half.

Should we bring in two strikers, then anything below 7th should ensure Souness' contract is not renewed.

Personally, I think all this talk of relegation is way over the top.

9010[/snapback]

I hope you're right.

Those who think this talk is over the top though always add the caveat of IF we sign this, that and the other. We haven't made those signings, we don't have any decent strikers right now.

The way I see it is that we'll struggle to score goals. That means too many draws, leaving us in the dogfight from the start. I'm sorry if some think that is OTT, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think if I believe we don't have the strikers to score goals. Are you saying we do have these strikers?

Edited by HTL

I would normally thin this is OTT but tbh afetr seeing us against Depor t'other night it aint far off. We had little or no pace creativity.

BUT the season hasnt even started and we aint upto full fitness and we had Dyer out, which I am sad to say we missed. (Should I be sad?)

I would normally thin this is OTT but tbh afetr seeing us against Depor t'other night it aint far off.  We had little or no pace creativity.

BUT the season hasnt even started and we aint upto full fitness and we had Dyer out, which I am sad to say we missed.  (Should I be sad?)

9021[/snapback]

Dyer will make a difference, as he did in the away match with Sporting....we collapsed when he went off because the threat of pace was gone and they pushed up and congested the midfield. We then couldn't pass the ball anymore. The problem is how many games will Dyer play, and in the absence of any other forward player who has pace and movement.......? Where will the goals come from?

I don't see us as being totally outplayed all the time like some really shite teams will be. But if we can't score goals we will draw too many matches. That's how I see it. Signing a couple of quality strikers will make a huge difference, but we haven't done that, it's a major problem.

I know it's an old chestnut, but Souness has alienated and booted out Bellamy and Robert, our two most creative players and he's done it without replacing them. That's what I'm worried about. A manager has a right to pick his own players, so boot them out by all means, but do it after replacing them properly otherwise it's not for the benefit of the team.

Aye Bellers needs replacing and I think he has done a good rob with Emre. The problem with Robert the only creativity he gave in the last season was the odd decent free kick, his corners and other general play was poor.

Anything between 5th and 16th I think.

8969[/snapback]

Thats strangely about right.

5th would require two goal scorers at least being signed, plus further additions elsewhere and Souness undergoing some sort of transformation into a compitent manager before the season kicks off, or at leats having learned from some of his stupidity!

16th would require an injury crisis (likely at NUFC) at whch point people who have defended all his sales and players booted out will realise why other people had a major problem with too many going out the door!

If we didn't sign any strikers then we're looking at the bottom half- but I still don't think it would be relegation- simply becuase there are teams which dont have an attack, midifield or defence.

Should the transfer window close without a forward coming in, I'd happyily join the baying mob outside the Milburn reception.

think thats pretty safe bets one and all. Only thing I disagree with is Sunderlands finish, not out of spite or bitterness or anything, just reckon they haven't the first team to stay out of trouble.

Sunderland IMO, might just stay up. Wigan look woeful (worse than Sunderland last year and have fallen further behind this summer), similar story with West Ham. That means if they can pip ahead of one from WBA, Fulham or Portsmouth, they might be alright.

As for Newcastle, 5th or 6th. 4th if we get rid of Souness.