Less than jake

Kid Dynamite

any one there tonight. fucking ace! The support 'bullets to broadway' were class as well. bought their cd after the show and pretty impressed, checked the website and they are in darlington on monday night and back in newcastle next month :lol:

Not often you find a band you like and get to see them 3 times in 4 weeks :razz:

the place went off big style tonight. must have been close to 1000 kids doing a circle pit in there at one stage, looked fucking awesome! the first support band didnt show so both bands extended their sets, best gig ive been to in a long while.

the place went off big style tonight. must have been close to 1000 kids doing a circle pit in there at one stage, looked fucking awesome! the first support band didnt show so both bands extended their sets, best gig ive been to in a long while.

113199[/snapback]

Speaks volumes.

I hate the group, vastly overrated pop/ska punk which is AWFUL. The lead singer can't even bloody sing. :lol:

113199[/snapback]

Speaks volumes.

I hate the group, vastly overrated pop/ska punk which is AWFUL. The lead singer can't even bloody sing. :lol:

113204[/snapback]

I like them.

not as much as other bands mind, but their ok.

The lead singer can't even bloody sing.  :lol:

113204[/snapback]

I thought that was a pre-requisite for such bands. I liked the Offspring and Green Day in my yoof but I wouldn't call Billy Joe or whatshisname the most talented of vocalists.

yes but unless you wear sandshoes, have a shaggy hair do and are in a band starting with 'the', youre not worth listening to these days.

113231[/snapback]

Arctic Monkeys are pretty popular at the moment. :lol:

so are the white stripes, the strokes, kaiser chiefs, ordinary boys, franz ferdinand and all those other bands that are living off the post indie revolution at the minute. theyl all be on the dole next year.

People may not like less than jake but they been doing this 14 years now and still selling out venues across the country. Bet none of the above bands will be here half as long.

The White Stripes and The Strokes have been around for a good while now, Arctic Monkeys are gonna be huge. I'm not so sure about the Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand, but the latter's recent album shows that they're certainly not slowing down. Ordinary Boys are just living off BB hype tbh.

Less Than Jake have settled into a nice little niche (teen 'punk') so it's not surprising they sell out venues. Good for them. They'll never generate the kind of excitement the above bands do though.

all my best friends are metalheads  ;)

113196[/snapback]

The only decent song they've done tbh. :slap:

Though my taste doesn't count.. the next 3 gigs I'm going to are Take That, Bryan Adams and Whitesnake. :):)

113196[/snapback]

Though my taste doesn't count.. the next 3 gigs I'm going to are Take That, Bryan Adams and Whitesnake. :):)

113290[/snapback]

thats a total cheesefest

113196[/snapback]

113290[/snapback]

Kubichek and Dirty Pretty Things for me!

also happens to be the only song that got any airplay. Are you basing your statement on the fact that its actually the only song by them you have heard?

113291[/snapback]

Sadly I've heard a fair bit by them and it's just not my sort of thing. :) .. The reason it got any airplay is because it's the only decent song they've done. ;)