Is Europe still a possibility?

janu

Is European qualification still a possibility?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Owen had stayed fit we would have been kncoking on the door but still playing some very ordinary stuff in my view with Souness still in charge. So perhaps it's all been for the best. Sadly though, another season has been a write-off.

Yes  it looks like 6th will be the cut off point and thats not achievable imo bar a miracle

However the intertoto will be a great way for our new manager to have a bit of time with the players before the season starts and we have a great chance of qualifying that way and we can certainly get in that way.

113885[/snapback]

Agree with that statement, but I'd rather he was in place for the last 4 or so games this season to have a look at what he's got before the summer player merry-go-round starts.

As for Europe I don't think so, Intertoto is the only likely route.

Bump :baby:

Still 15 points to play for...

Current standing

5 Blackburn 33 - 54

6 Arsenal 32 - 53

7 Bolton 32 - 48

8 Wigan 33 - 48

9 West Ham 33 - 46

10 Newcastle 33 - 45

11 Everton 33 - 45

12 Charlton 33 - 44

13 Man City 33 - 40

14 Middlesbrough 32 - 40

Remaining fixtures

Wigan (h)

Mackems (a)

West Brom (h)

Birmingham (a)

Chelsea (h)

;) ROCKS

Edited by janu

Wigan (h)                 

Mackems (a)                 

West Brom (h)                 

Birmingham (a)                 

You'd expect us to win all 4 of those games... but knowing NUFC, 1 or 2 are going to be a major cock up/let down.

So what if the smogs win the uefa cup can that affect anything or how about arse winning the champions league and finishing 5th? Is it definitely impossible for 7th to get europe??

118193[/snapback]

If a team finishes outside the Champions League qualification places but wins the CL that season, the team in the last CL place goes into the UEFA Cup

There are 3 places for the UEFA Cup, 1 to the League, 1 to the League Cup (given to league due to Man Utd winning LC) and 1 for the FA Cup.

You want to hope either West Ham, Middlesbrough or Charlton finish in the top 6 for 7th to be eligible for the UEFA Cup

Edited by Sima

If Boro get to the FA Cup final and win the Uefa Cup would they enter the Uefa cup as defending champions and free up 7th place as a European spot or is it the same scenario as the Champions League?

118216[/snapback]

I think it would go to 7th.

If Boro get to the FA Cup final and win the Uefa Cup would they enter the Uefa cup as defending champions and free up 7th place as a European spot or is it the same scenario as the Champions League?

118216[/snapback]

You don't automatically get entry back into the UEFA Cup if you win it.

Liverpool or Chelsea winning the FA Cup would free up a place in the UEFA Cup as losing finalists no longer qualify for the UEFA Cup, the place goes to the league.

So we're basically only 3 points off a UEFA Cup place if that scenario happens.

I think!

Liverpool or Chelsea winning the FA Cup would free up a place in the UEFA Cup as losing finalists no longer qualify for the UEFA Cup, the place goes to the league.

So we're basically only 3 points off a UEFA Cup place if that scenario happens.

I think!

118290[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the finalists get a UEFA Cup spot.

Guest CrimsonFault
Can't see us qualifying, but we've got 5 (or is it 6?) winnable games coming up, can really establish ourselves in the top half.

118292[/snapback]

We can qualify via 7th - it depends on who wins the FA Cup I think though.

If Boro Win the Uefa Cup and get to the FA Cup Final then 7th spot will be a Uefa Cup place. Looking at the next few games we have a good chance to finish 7th. Wigan,WestHam and Bolton all have a few hard games.