Anal O. ignores Hitzfeld campaign yet again

Isegrim

Fulham bid to snatch O'Neill

Apr 6 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Fulham are making a determined bid to snatch Martin O'Neill from under the noses of Newcastle United and England.

For The Chronicle can reveal that the Irishman has watched Fulham play on three occasions recently and there is talk that Craven Cottage supremo Fayed Mohammed would love him as his manger.

It's no secret that current boss Chris Coleman has found himself under pressure at Fulham after a disappointing season and they could become the first team this season to lose at Sunderland on Saturday.

A source in West London told me today: "Everyone spotted Martin O'Neill in the stands at Craven Cottage for Saturday's game with Portsmouth, but he has also been to a couple of other Fulham games lately and it is the talk of the place."

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that Steve McClaren now in pole position for the England manager's job, and since then the Middlesbrough boss has been installed as favourite.

However, while I detect a bit of paranoia coming into the issue of selecting the England boss, I hear O'Neill is still second favourite.

When the Chronicle ran a poll in February as to who should replace Graeme Souness at St James' Park, O'Neill came out top.

But if he is the man Freddy Shepherd wants, the United chairman could be excused if he gave O'Neill a deadline to make his mind up - sooner rather than later.

Shepherd said at the weekend he expected to have a new manager installed before the last game of the season against Chelsea at St James' Park on May 7.

All England are saying is that they will appoint Sven- Goran Eriksson's successor "before the World Cup."

Shepherd is quite rightly not being rushed into what he knows is one of the most important decisions he will have to make.

Meanwhile, United caretaker boss Glenn Roeder will be at The Riverside tonight to watch Sunday's opponents Middlesbrough play their UEFA Cup quarter-final second leg with Basel.

Didn't they run another poll for a couple of weeks where every week the one with the least votes got eliminated and at the end Hitzfeld was the clear winner with Hiddink coming second... :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but it was hijacked by the lunatic fringe. :D In all honesty, I'd rather have Hitzfeld or Hiddink. There will be hell on over at N-O over this like.

Aye but it was hijacked by the lunatic fringe. :D In all honesty, I'd rather have Hitzfeld or Hiddink. There will be hell on over at N-O over this like.

116226[/snapback]

Disappointingly, no one has bitten when I've pointed out about the lunatic fringe rigging the poll. :razz:

116226[/snapback]

Just to be clear, we're not talking about manc-mag, here?

Oh, and I'll get my bet in early and say this thread's heading for at least 12 pages. :razz:

Edited by DotBum

IF, and this is only an if, O'Neil gets the job, expect him to dig up that article after the Wigan game where he reckoned someone rang from Glasgow to tell him O'Neil wanted the job. It'll appear under the headline 'I GOT MARTIN THE JOB: FREDDIE ALERTED TO O'NEIL'S AVAILABILITY AFTER MY SCOOP.'

IF, and this is only an if, O'Neil gets the job, expect him to dig up that article after the Wigan game where he reckoned someone rang from Glasgow to tell him O'Neil wanted the job. It'll appear under the headline 'I GOT MARTIN THE JOB: FREDDIE ALERTED TO O'NEIL'S AVAILABILITY AFTER MY SCOOP.'

116237[/snapback]

Dead cert.

I thought sources in Bolton claim the job is Big Sam's if he wants it? If not, Houllier has also shown an interest? That is of course, not forgetting Martin O'Neill will get the job. Although Roeder has quietly impressed Freddy Shepherd and it wouldn't surprise me to see Roeder apply for the job if the Toon Army carry on chanting his name and it would be interesting to see whether Freddy Shepherd would take that on board, for the supremo has always listened to the fans and indeed, last week told me he will appoint someone who the fans want.

Meanwhile I can reveal Roberto Manchini and Ronald Koeman have both thrown their hat into the ring.

?

I have to be really careful here, but my source has told me who the next manager is.

KIND HID :lol::lol::lol:B););)

Maybe I could stretch it with SUGU to help you more ;););)

Edited by snakehips

I have to be really careful here, but my source has told me who the next manager is.

KIND HID  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  B)  ;)  ;)

Maybe I could stretch it with SUGU to help you more  ;)  ;)  ;)

116336[/snapback]

Stop prattling on man and give us a fucking clue will ya.

116336[/snapback]

116344[/snapback]

Guus Hiddink. I've heard the same too.

116336[/snapback]

116344[/snapback]

Guus Hiddink. I've heard the same too.

116349[/snapback]

How did you figure that out so quickly?

HTT and T27, our very own Hale and Pace :lol:

116371[/snapback]

We could team-up with you and Gemmill the huckle brothers, go on tour.

To me to you, me to you and all that.

:lol:

116380[/snapback]

That's been funny the last five or six times you've posted it.

116371[/snapback]

116380[/snapback]

116386[/snapback]

GREAT POST.

116394[/snapback]

Good title for your book :lol:

116371[/snapback]

116380[/snapback]

116386[/snapback]

GREAT POST.

116394[/snapback]

Good title for your book :lol:

116400[/snapback]

Claudius Reincarnated?