General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Derek Acorah reckons his mate Sam has told him that Maddie McCann is a) dead and b.) approaching reincarnation.

I'd say he's probably half right.

The McCanns are somehow infuriated by this.

I have a dilemma, a nice dilemma, but still one nonetheless. This thread said general conversation so seems appropriate.

I go to Uni at northumbria but live at home with my parents, which isn't the best. Anyways a few months ago me and a couple of friends who are away at uni thought it would be cool to go to asia for a few weeks, thailand, vietnam etc. but the plan fell through despite me buzzing my tits of the thought of it!

So recently I got in touch with a mate and he wants to move out and get a flat with me somewhere around heaton/jesmond. I thought definitely! So i've started to save for this only now it comes out that the trip to asia is back on!!! I can only afford one. Do I move out and hope the grass is greener on the other side, or go to asia for a month and come back to living at home?

Or just do neither and renew my season ticket :thumbup:

What do you make of Hollande CZ?

In fact, what do you make of the push against austerity policies from various European electorates?

I'm a fully paid up eugenics-loving neo-keynesianist as you know, so I am on the one hand very pleased that Holllande won. On the other hand it will mean higher taxes for me and depending on how that goes, we may move to Switzerland.

Austerity, in it's current form, is killing Europe.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/06/paul-krugman-austerity-is-so-wrong.html

I have a dilemma, a nice dilemma, but still one nonetheless. This thread said general conversation so seems appropriate.

I go to Uni at northumbria but live at home with my parents, which isn't the best. Anyways a few months ago me and a couple of friends who are away at uni thought it would be cool to go to asia for a few weeks, thailand, vietnam etc. but the plan fell through despite me buzzing my tits of the thought of it!

So recently I got in touch with a mate and he wants to move out and get a flat with me somewhere around heaton/jesmond. I thought definitely! So i've started to save for this only now it comes out that the trip to asia is back on!!! I can only afford one. Do I move out and hope the grass is greener on the other side, or go to asia for a month and come back to living at home?

Or just do neither and renew my season ticket :thumbup:

Go to Asia. Seems daft dropping hundreds of quid a month to live up the road from where you live for free. Living independently with no money is fun for about 2 weeks til you've had beans on toast for the 15th time

Leave home as soon as possible. Being skint is part of learning to stand on your own two feet. Sponging off your hard working parents while pissing it up in SE Asia is a false economy. There is plenty of time to see the world on your own terms.

Another way of looking at it:

You can either go to Asia then live your life playing pinball in your dad's garage whilst trying to prove to anyone and everyone how much of a man you are and have your mid life crisis 20 years too early...or you can move out.

There's nee way I'm taking grief off the gayest straight man on the board :lol:

That has a nice ring to it. :gay:

Sorry, do regale us with stories about how cool you look on your motorbike and I'll serenade you with some Bob Seger.

Thanks for the responses, I was talking to my boss the other day and he reckons these are the best years of my life, why spend them at home?! I'll give it some thought, and start saving my money for either one. I'll let you know what happens.

Just another thought to consider, whilst i agree that moving out is the best thing for your maturity and the uptake of adult life just a word of caution. There are millions and millions of people who regret not doing things when they were younger. Usually because they join the workforce, get married or have kids or whatever but suddenly in life, dropping everything and fucking off is not that easy anymore. I think you are young enough to have the opportunities again, after university is the classic time to do this but imo, they are not mutually exclusive. There is an opportunity now to go and travel, there will be more opportunities to travel later. You should probably take them all, as in all honesty, there will be as many opportunities as you want to move out over the next 5 to 10 years.

Edited by ChezGiven