General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Had a "Bob and Terry" moment last night.

Mrs. F. wanted to take the kids , nieces and nephews to the Late Shows around the City centre last night- the museums and gallery's stayed open til midnight , with events, bars and food on etc.

I figured, it'll be full of arty types, hipster cunts and the like, I'll be safe recording the CL final and watching it " live" later without worrying about anyone blowing the result for me.

Sure enough, I'd guessed right, the Hancock was rammed with trilbys and skinny jeans ( moment of the night came from my little 'un. He was running around the dinosaur section, being a T-Rex, and ran straight into a bloke in his 40s , fully kitted out in pork pie hat, skinny jeans and tie, Fist Jr had his hands up as he was running, and gave this hipster a two handed slap in the bollocks.

My lad looked momentarily confused, then T-Rexxed off as if nothing had happened.

The bloke was on the floor, gasping. I was sooo proud :lol: )

Anyway, got home about 10.30, not knowing the result, got the kids to bed etc, and turned the telly on…

… straight onto the news, as it showed Chelsea lifting the cup.

Double bastard!!

Despire still being quite poorly, I am going to make the effort to stroll down the road and see the Olympic Torch go by this afternoon (very near our house) it's not a sight i will ever get the chance to see in my lifetime again, so I feel I should go!

I would have enjoyed watching the Champions league final last night but for the fact that The Radio 1 Festival was here in Torbay on Paignton green and all i could hear was BOOM BOOM BOOM And I'm in Torquay!! But because we are a Bay I suppose the noise echos around and we live high up so its all you could hear. I fecking hate radio 1 at the best of times!

Edited by Toonraider

Dare you to hoy a bucket of water over the flame.

:teehee:

Apparantely it's pretty hard to put out. i was watching it yesterday on TV when it arrived at Lands End. I think it was only on the 3rd torch bearer when a guy ran out from behind and got too close...I'm not sure if he meant any harm or was just trying to cut by to get in front for a photo, but he was unceremoniously mauled to the ground and pushed into the hedge by the bouncers....mind you....that might not be so very bad :naughty:

I see loads of these Olympic torch bearers are selling their prized torches .

One went for 153k and many others topping the 100k mark .

Fair enough some are doing it for charity, but many not .

All the more reason the whole Olympic thing can't fuck off quick enough for me.

Pile o' shite .

I heard they were on ebay but had no idea they were going for that much! That's ridiculous, but I mean what else are you meant to do with it? The whole thing is fucking idiotic.

Aye if you have a look on Ebay there's loads ! Many more to come surely too . Using the ebay app you can see a few gone for 100k + . Bonkers man - I mean who's buying them ?

I know where they can put them anyway .

The thing is they cost £500 to make and bearers can buy them for £200 ! So fellow countrymen you're subsidising this crap too ! Honestly boils me goat the money pissed on this whole thing and to the benefit of a minority .

Millions spent in persuit of medals too - why !?

Some fat lezza on a bmx and a squeaky kid on a diving board ffs .

Don't start me on the Seb Coe's or the Boris Bulldog Bollocks Johnson's of this world either ! Olympic 'sculptures' either .

What is the point of this torch bearer shite? To make the rest of the country feel more involved? Well we're not. And anyone who is genuinely excited about seeing the flame is an idiot.

The torch thing is a load of shit. And by the way, what the fucking fuck was Will.I.Am doing taking part in the torch relay? How the fuck has he got involved?

The BBC are fucking obsessed with it though. BBC Breakfast on Sunday was basically hours on end of the torch relay.

Edited by Gemmill

Community spirit? theres a bloke at my work, raises 10s of thousands of pounds for charity every year running marathons. He's the most selfless bloke I've ever met, and has been recognised by "dignitaries" all over the world for his work. He's met loads of famous folk doing all these marathons all over the world, and apparently pride of place in his house is his photo of him and Nelson Mandela!...this bloke is a do-gooder extrodinaire, he's a real giver. So he applied to be a torchbearer in his home city of Southampton but got turned down. He subsequently discovered (obviously well connected) that most of the places in Southampton went to council employees,their familes, or mates. He's actually devastated about this. Obviously the blokes a bit of an attention seeker but he of all people shouldve been rewarded with the chance to take part. And as for "the poor" CT you obvously didnt watch it on Sunday morning as Gemmil was saying where some surfie type bird called fuckin TASSIE!! (what is that short for??!! :lol:) was the second person in the country to have a go and when they interviewed her after she sounded posher than the fuckin Queen!

In other words, as usual with things like this in this country,its a fuckin fix. If you're in you're in, if not, fuck off.

Community spirit? theres a bloke at my work, raises 10s of thousands of pounds for charity every year running marathons. He's the most selfless bloke I've ever met, and has been recognised by "dignitaries" all over the world for his work. He's met loads of famous folk doing all these marathons all over the world, and apparently pride of place in his house is his photo of him and Nelson Mandela!...this bloke is a do-gooder extrodinaire, he's a real giver. So he applied to be a torchbearer in his home city of Southampton but got turned down. He subsequently discovered (obviously well connected) that most of the places in Southampton went to council employees,their familes, or mates. He's actually devastated about this. Obviously the blokes a bit of an attention seeker but he of all people shouldve been rewarded with the chance to take part. And as for "the poor" CT you obvously didnt watch it on Sunday morning as Gemmil was saying where some surfie type bird called fuckin TASSIE!! (what is that short for??!! :lol:) was the second person in the country to have a go and when they interviewed her after she sounded posher than the fuckin Queen!

In other words, as usual with things like this in this country,its a fuckin fix. If you're in you're in, if not, fuck off.

A bit more class with Torch bearers in Newcastle ;)

http://www.northeastfor2012games.com/torch-relay/torchbearers