General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

ah right fair enough, like said to renton the two big firms in town seem to have nothing but expensive mercs as cabs but for the most part i'd say a load of the newer ones are the models with stop/start etc to be better on their mpg.

Don;t think the 300c has mind but nice cars but hugggggge, my thinking was it looks like something Tony Soprano would've drove :lol: was too high an insurance group for me at the time (was a couple of years back when i'd first started driving), could probably manage it now i've a 3 years no claims and have hit 30.

Won't be another coupe i'll get anyway, time for back seats next time! Think i'm going aim for an L200 next time i have to change.

I had an L200 (Animal) about 7-8 year ago. Was a beast! Turning circle of an 18wheeler mind... Was great fun though.

Anyone know a decent soundbar/home cinema for £100-150?

My TV only has Digital Audio out & apparently the HDMI slot works as a sound out too.

Frankly I'm confused.

Anyone know a decent soundbar/home cinema for £100-150?

My TV only has Digital Audio out & apparently the HDMI slot works as a sound out too.

Frankly I'm confused.

Tom HDMI is embedded audio and video, hence why if you have a HDMI output (and make sure it's an output as well as an input) you can use it to route to a A/V amplifier.

Just be aware there are a few A/V amps (the cheaper ones) that only decode the video channel on their HDMI inputs.

So check the specs for Audio - HDMI input.

After mainly drinking and eating for the past few days and raging at the match I might just ask the guy in the shop.

Could i watch a program/play a game with one HDMI slot and have one going to the amp? There's 4 slots.

The budget remains anyway -

and the current set up

Panasonic Viera LED TV > PS3 & HD freeview. The speakers on the TV are good enough for films but I just got Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Blu Ray for Christmas and I fancy BLASTING it.

I can get an LG sound bar and subwoofer for £75 but it didn't say anything about the digital out.

It says it's suitable for 40'' TV's would it make any difference if the size is different?

Whenever I'm in the market for electronics I tend to look at the what hi-fi awards for the year and either get one of the winners or cheaper versions they compare the winners to favourably.

http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2012/

Word of mouth is all well and good, but everyone wants to tell people that their telly is great, so I tend not to place too much stock in the word of the bloke in the pub.

I'm currently deliberating whether to get new double glazing, central heating or a 55 inch Sony KDL-55HX853.

What's the record for having last reply on threads. I was on the first 13 replies on general chat before I got bored and gave up.

I filled a page once... Not something I'm proud of.

After mainly drinking and eating for the past few days and raging at the match I might just ask the guy in the shop.

Could i watch a program/play a game with one HDMI slot and have one going to the amp? There's 4 slots.

The budget remains anyway -

and the current set up

Panasonic Viera LED TV > PS3 & HD freeview. The speakers on the TV are good enough for films but I just got Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Blu Ray for Christmas and I fancy BLASTING it.

I ended up getting a Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 2.1 Sound bar. It couples the television & they link automatically, over budget by £50 but I've just got home and BLASTED Led Zeppelin on it.

Fucking amazing, the subwoofer is catering for the rhythm section beautifully. :spinwank: