General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I thought Kate Aidie was born in Whitley Bay.Even Makem Micky `The Wig' Gray is talking posh to disguise his accent at birth.

`Am garna dyee that marra the morn' I am going to do that my friend tomorrow. I'm so so pleased i talk nowt like a makem.Thank you, thank you ,thank you ,mam and dad.

Adie was born in Northumberland, within sight of St Mary's Island. She was adopted as a baby by a Sunderland couple, John and Maud Adie.

Emeli Sande grew up in the small country town of Alford, around 25 miles from Aberdeen, with her English mother, her Zambian father, her younger sister and an almost inevitable sense of being different. Her skin colour was never an issue, though. She was never abused for it. If anything, the whole family was hugely welcomed. "In the eighties my parents were in Sunderland and they went through some awful things," says Sande. "They have some awful stories. They got people saying things to them in the streets, in bars. It was tough for them."

Alford, then, was a vast improvement.

:jesuswept:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music/emeli-sandes-version-of-events.1328932965

Another proud daughter of the 'city'.

How many people have been successful with a broad geordie accent? Many. How many people can you name that have been successful in any way shape or form with a deep mackem Sunderland town accent. Not inclewwding Mick 'Arford.

How many people have been successful with a broad geordie accent? Many. How many people can you name that have been successful in any way shape or form with a deep mackem Sunderland town accent. Not inclewwding Mick 'Arford.

Lauren Laverne

James Bolam

Melanie Hill

Bob Paisley?

Not saying Makems aren't a poor relation but the hatred from some is bordering on rabid racism and bigotry. Especially when the very same people slag off others for their bigotry.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Adie was born in Northumberland, within sight of St Mary's Island. She was adopted as a baby by a Sunderland couple, John and Maud Adie.

She went to a private school called Church High which wasn't far from where I went to school. I was in the last year of kids who went to the ex-grammar schools from Shields and after that well off lasses were sent to Church High. My first experience of posh totty (not that I got anywhere with them).

I'm an 80's child and I knew Kate Adie, but didn't know Dave Stewart and his connection with the Eurythmics.The Eurythmics to me were that fat scottish woman with the deep voice singing "don't leave me this way". Kate Adie was nationally famous, if ever there was a kick off in the 80's or 90's she'd be there dodging bullets, with an articulate intelligence about her. To be fair she left Sunderland at an early age and spent a lot of time in Newcastle/London which probably explains her success.

WTF?

:lol:

Lauren Laverne

James Bolam

Melanie Hill

Bob Paisley?

Not saying Makems aren't a poor relation but the hatred from some is bordering on rabid racism and bigotry. Especially when the very same people slag off others for their bigotry.

Laverne a small breasted boiler who isn't that famous, James Bolam someone who's acting career was defined by pretending to be geordie, Melanie Hill (someone who's mainly known for putting a brummie accent on as Barry Taylor's fiance), Bob Paisley nee more a mackem than Keegan's dad, Fencehooses is closer to Durham than Sunderland.

Isn't Stevie getting Annie Lennix mixed up with Alison Moyet :lol:

I thought that, despite AM being an Essex girl and not Scottish. So that's Eurythmics, The Communards, and Yazoo that he can't distinguish between.

I thought that, despite AM being an Essex girl and not Scottish. So that's Eurythmics, The Communards, and Yazoo that he can't distinguish between.

Well I apologise for not being in the over 35 club :) I did get mixed up with the two, yes.

Well I apologise for not being in the over 35 club :)

www.ambernectar.org/blog/2013/09/nostalgia-david-walmsleys-day-in-the-newcastle-sun/

Canny read for your older toon fan, I remember this game.

I refuse to tolerate this hypocrisy. And I'm not even over 35. :lol:

She went to a private school called Church High which wasn't far from where I went to school. I was in the last year of kids who went to the ex-grammar schools from Shields and after that well off lasses were sent to Church High. My first experience of posh totty (not that I got anywhere with them).

We went to the same school.

Were you the kid off the tudor advert? :whistling:

Haha. I was in your local last neet, me radge mate pulled us upstairs to play fuckin bingo and he only won £120. Anyway there was a lass in there who looked like this, i couldn't believe it. http://cdn2.independent.ie/migration_catalog/article28807424.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/rachel-wyse