General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol: Oh, does it ever. They have a dedicated Eurovision bar, for heaven's sake! CT would love the whole complex - camp 80s music, tat shops and all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets all under one roof. :D

I want to come :(

" This is ACE!

Proper food, tacky 80s music, loads of cocktails.

I'm in heaven :CT:

Not many women here though.

Still they're all very friendly.

OH MY GOD THEIRS MEN KISSING EACH OTHER !!! "

:outahere:

The owner of a NBA team telling his girlfriend that he didn't want her associating with blacks or bringing them to his team's games.

A NBA team. :lol:

Black people play basketball now? PC gone mad!

Well worth a read for those of us of an age who can remember watching this ;)

http://thequietus.com/articles/14873-the-professionals

Not one line of the dialogue bears the slightest resemblance to anything anyone would ever actually say; logic and reason are abandoned; a strange kind of excitement is the only thing that matters. In 'Close Quarters', Bodie has a fortnight off because he's been shot in the hand, so he takes Nick Drake's sister out on the river at Marlow – only to chance upon the very boathouse in which the leaders of the Baader-Meinhof gang are staying whilst on a jolly to Britain. Despite only being able to use one hand, and having to wet-nurse a terrified woman who looks like Nick Drake, Bodie captures Andreas Baader (the gang have all been given false names – perhaps the producers were worried they'd write in and complain? – but it's not hard to work out who's meant to be who). He flees to a nearby vicarage, pursued by three angry RAFers all toting machine guns which they must have found lying around somewhere. In a subtly symbolic moment, the vicar tries to make peace with the terrorists and is shot to smithereens – although, as ever when people die in The Professionals, nobody gives a shit. Anyway, a thrilling siege ensues, and Bodie sees off the whole Baader-Meinhof gang, quite literally single-handedly – although of course, the task of dispatching the lady terrorist falls to Ms Drake, because we couldn't possibly see Bodie do that. A nice day out for her, then. Unsurprisingly, we don't see her again. Still, she learnt a valuable lesson: hot lead is the only language Marxists understand.

Equally awesome is 'Heroes,' written by Sapphire & Steel creator PJ Hammond, but tweaked by Clemens to the point where PJ insisted his name be removed from the credits. There's an assassination: thugs hold up a van, blasting off the doors with plastic explosive and taking out the bloke who wanted a Waldorf salad in Fawlty Towers with a sawn-off shotgun from point-blank range. This happens on the Tring bypass, in broad daylight, with traffic backed up for 500 yards. As you'd imagine, everyone immediately gets out of their cars and walks towards the killers: an old man goes up to the one with the gun and pulls off his mask for no particular reason. Someone gets out a cine camera and starts filming them; a couple of lorry drivers pinch a bulldozer from a nearby roadworks and shunt their car down a grassy bank. So the assassins run away, firing the sawn-off shotgun randomly into the air as they go – someone picks up one of the lamps from the roadworks and throws it after them. It's all a bit peculiar. 

Anyway, these have-a-go heroes make it onto the Nine O'Clock News, and are all set to testify in court. But Doyle reads the paper one morning and sees that – oh dear – the press have published their names and full addresses. They've somehow resisted the temptation to include detailed floor plans of their homes with dodgy window latches circled, but hey – it's bad enough as it is. The lads are sent on a bodyguard job, which climaxes with Mad Tommy (the CI5 agent whose extraordinary zeal is explained by the fact that "his whole family were wiped out by terrorists") blowing two of the baddies out of a dinghy with a grenade launcher, while Bodie shoots the other two from behind a motorised lawnmower. Having watched the whole of Sapphire & Steel, every surviving episode of Ace Of Wands and his contribution to the children's supernatural series Shadows, I can say without hesitation that 'Heroes' is by far the least realistic thing that PJ Hammond has ever written.

Last day at work and just left a meeting which started at 1300 in the Kennington Pub. There's a follow up meeting in the diary for 1730 at the Falcon.

I should leave work more often; "Last Days"are fun

But not so little ;)

:lol:

I've always been a racing snake and only put weight on after packing the fags in 6 years or so ago.

If you saw me and Ben Arfa naked you'd struggle at first to guess who was who. (Although that's not saying much tbf).

:lol:

I've always been a racing snake and only put weight on after packing the fags in 6 years or so ago.

If you saw me and Ben Arfa naked you'd struggle at first to guess who was who. (Although that's not saying much tbf).

I'm betting you would be the pasty white one.