General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

In Sainsbury at the checkout and there's this old butch looking woman with short black hair gelled in a quiff with bits of grey in it on the till. The old Lezza asks if I need any carrier bags? "Yes please." I reply. "Do you need a hand with your packing?" she asks, "No, love, you're alright." I answer. She hands me my receipt and I say something like "Cheers, love." before just catching her name tag on her shirt. It said 'Malcolm'.

Oops! :lol:

In Sainsbury at the checkout and there's this old butch looking woman with short black hair gelled in a quiff with bits of grey in it on the till. The old Lezza asks if I need any carrier bags? "Yes please." I reply. "Do you need a hand with your packing?" she asks, "No, love, you're alright." I answer. She hands me my receipt and I say something like "Cheers, love." before just catching her name tag on her shirt. It said 'Malcolm'.

Oops! :lol:

Class .

I might have a bit of a dilemma in the next few days. I've been getting a bit worried about not having a job after finding out how much my previous employer have fucked me over regarding redundancy. Bottom line is I need to have a job by September the 20th or I'll be struggling.

Anyway I had a phone interview for a contract role on Tuesday and have a follow-up face to face this afternoon which will be the final yes or no with a view to probably starting next week which is great but its only a three (possibly six) months contract. Financially at the end of 3 months I'd be fine for another 8 months without work which would increase to a year with a six months one. It's also via a consultancy which is how I previously worked as a contractor which should mean "guaranteed" constant work in the future.

The dilemma comes from having just had a first phone interview for a permanent role with Barclays and they want to interview me again on Monday (I tried for tomorrow with no luck). This is an excellent job and even though banks are evil as we all know, working for them is a massive plus for my CV. Obviously an interview isn't a job offer so if I do get an offer on the contract I'd be very tempted to take it to calm my fears.