General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

All the best Stevie.

I've had a much lesser scare in the last couple of weeks and one thing I've realised is that no matter how scared you are, the NHS is staffed by people for who these things are "normal" and they're great at calming fears. Put yourself in their hands and get well soon.

a close mate of mine had bollock cancer, which had spread to lymph nodes. he had one knacker removed, the full round of chemo, radio therapy etc. then 6 months later he was cycling across south africa for two weeks having made a full recovery.

his attitude was he was never going to let this thing beat him. obviously a lot depends on what the docs say, but all i can say i learned from watching him is that it will definitely do you no harm to try to stay as positive as you can. it's a cliche to call it a fight, but his approach was to think of cancer as some radgie charver that he wasn't going to let lace him and it worked.

Lance Armstrong had cancer of the brain too. Look at the cunt now. Stevie, if it was detected early enough, and you hadn't put off earlier symptoms they'll help you win this.

How will you look at 70 btw? Will England have won a Euro Cup or World Cup by then?

Fucking hell, Stevie. Will echo what others have said and hope you come out of it alright, fingers crossed. I'm sure you will, you're a radgie from NE1, you can't let something like a brain tumour chin you.

:lol:

Can only pass on best wishes mate. Hopefully you'll get much better news on Tuesday and everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Don't worry about England though. None of us are gonna see them win a World Cup anyway. ;)

Good luck and kick the shit out of it.

Fucking hell, Stevie. Will echo what others have said and hope you come out of it alright, fingers crossed. I'm sure you will, you're a radgie from NE1, you can't let something like a brain tumour chin you.

Is this a stitch up?

Ken, put the bottle down and go to bed, mate. :razz:

Half 4 in the afternoon aswell. Like me in my heyday.

I loved a drunken post on here in the early days.

Edited by JJ

He's in Australia tbf to him. :lol: Christ knows what time it is there.

2am. I've got to give it to you little northen people if nothing else you coordinate well. And I don't blame you after the shit I've given to certain forumites here. I'll cop it on the chin and move on. It is the Australian way.

Mentioned my brother's brain tumor in the politics thread. He's about the same age as you Stevie.

He's been plugging along nicely for a few years since...and the poor sod was already deaf and in a wheelchair so you've got a headstart on him.

Chin up mate. I've seen people get the best private treatment money can offer but live in their armchair until they croak and I've seen people get the most basic NHS help but embrace every day, coming out the other end all clear and laughing.

I know you've seen the same examples of lads vowing to kick its arse I have on here or twitter. Best example to follow. Take on the challenge and attack it like Keegan, don't just sit back and hope it doesn't beat you like Pardew.

Just what others have said Stevie. In some ways the wait til Tuesday must be the worst for you and your lass, sometimes it's even harder for the one who loves you than it is for yourself. Everything crossed for you.

Edited by Renton

What the fuck is going on here? Is this a fucking stitch up or not? Jesus Christ

What are you struggling with Ken?