General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Most of the Salmon farms are foreign owned, the top whisky producer is French and 80% of the oil is owned by companies from outside of Scotland. Enough with the bullshit.

It's Diageo isn't it? Which is British (a dirty word in some quarters up there ;) ) / London-based. I think most of the distilleries are owned by large multi-nationals and only a handful are still family owned. I think the biggest one by far in the latter category is William Grant and Sons (Grants, Glenfiddich, Balvenie). I think you're thinking of Pernod Ricard who are no.2 so your point obviously still stands.

Edit: Article here suggests over 80% is owned by non-Scottish firms: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/may/30/diageo-scottish-independence-whisky

Edited by Alex

Right this is the last post I'll make about my condition. I got the results this morning in the hospital with my girlfriend and me mother. Prior to it I was told they'd be honest and give me an indication of how long I have left. I went there today knowing they'd tell me the truth if I've only got a few year left to survive.

With brain tumours there are 4 grades. If you've got grade 4 you're going to die very soon and you basically have no chance. Grade 3 you might die, but you have a chance but 3 and 4 is rated as malignant. Grade 2 its benign and you have an outstanding chance of recovery. Today has been confusing for me because they're rating most of mine as a 2 and some of it as a 3. They're not prepared to rank it as malignant or benign.

I went there today, with the thought that I could be dead soon not far from my mind. I've left today, and the head Dr. insisting my future hasn't been set yet, and I could live till my 70's. I have a chance, and to be completely honest I am absolutely delighted. I have six months of therapy coming up - its radiotherapy. They think I have a chance, and they believe I should have at least a decade. This makes me absolutely delighted. Death isn't next week for me, I have a chance. I won't be myself for half a year, but I have a chance and I thank god for that. Anyway I'll stop whinging about it now, and start slagging Ashley off like I used to.

Right this is the last post I'll make about my condition. I got the results this morning in the hospital with my girlfriend and me mother. Prior to it I was told they'd be honest and give me an indication of how long I have left. I went there today knowing they'd tell me the truth if I've only got a few year left to survive.

With brain tumours there are 4 grades. If you've got grade 4 you're going to die very soon and you basically have no chance. Grade 3 you might die, but you have a chance but 3 and 4 is rated as malignant. Grade 2 its benign and you have an outstanding chance of recovery. Today has been confusing for me because they're rating most of mine as a 2 and some of it as a 3. They're not prepared to rank it as malignant or benign.

I went there today, with the thought that I could be dead soon not far from my mind. I've left today, and the head Dr. insisting my future hasn't been set yet, and I could live till my 70's. I have a chance, and to be completely honest I am absolutely delighted. I have six months of therapy coming up - its radiotherapy. They think I have a chance, and they believe I should have at least a decade. This makes me absolutely delighted. Death isn't next week for me, I have a chance. I won't be myself for half a year, but I have a chance and I thank god for that. Anyway I'll stop whinging about it now, and start slagging Ashley off like I used to.

That's good news mate, hope the radiotherapy works well too.

Now, DON'T FUCKING DRINK!

Time to join the straight edge army Stevie :)

Congrats, fingers crossed for you

why do you guys need an army?

is it to convince people you really are fun to hang out with?

Don't really know you properly but good luck with everything Stevie, always came across as a good, genuine, witty lad from what I've read on here and I'm pleased to see it's gone well so far.

Take this 6 months as a temporary serious health kick and line up something as a reward for when your done, a big drinking holiday away somewhere for next year or something. All the best.