General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Good luck Stevie, sounds like you've taken the news really well. Just chill out and relax and let your body recover now, you've been put through a canny bit of stress both mental and physical and you've got a bit to come with the radiotherapy.

Hope it goes as well as that can.

Even if you think you're sound, Stevie, TAKE IT EASY. i can half understand you having a couple of pints when you've come through a lot and thinking, 'ah fuck it, I could manage it no bother I feel great' but it can be deceptive, years ago I had a fairly minor op, was in a hospital bed not too long after coming to and wanted to have a wonder around as I was bored and felt ok, when I got half way down the corridor and started to feel dizzy and fell over I realised mebbe the Doctors and nurses knew best after all. Good luck. On a separate note I was with the Wife visiting her old Aunt in the RVI when I walked past a male nurse talking about riding his new motorbike to a bored looking female nurse and was wondering if J69 had got a transfer from Durham?

Thanks for all the kind words apart from J69's usual pish.

Had a bit of a day to again like to be honest. Went to the Westoe today, which is the classic Newcastle pub down here, one of the few, had one pint and passed out at half time in a heap. The ambulance took me in to South Tyneside hospital, and they don't know why I collapsed. I've made a decision, because I start my radiotherapy in 2 weeks, I'm not drinking for the whole period of my treatment which could be 6 months. It's truly bizarre what happens to me when I've had a drink, given my op, it's time to pipe down, and settle down till I'm as healthy and Sexy as I was last year.

I'd make a slight defence of Stevie in that he might be feeling the need to feel "normal" and get back to a routine and beyond that needing to feel "tough" which is associated sometimes with drinking. Of course the one last week should have been a wake up call for that.

Stevie it's obvious you have good support from your family but I think you need more professional help as well.

Unless you're an alcoholic not drinking should not be difficult like, especially if you've a reason.

I'm hoping it's just part of the Oz/Jimmy Nail act for twitter and he's not actually that daft.

Ffs try walking a mile in Stevies shoes before you start bandying around stuff like that. I understand the standard internet currency is being judgemental and self righteous but the world is full of people doing things that don't help them in the long run. Cut the bloke a bit of slack.

Unless you're an alcoholic not drinking should not be difficult like, especially if you've a reason.

I'm hoping it's just part of the Oz/Jimmy Nail act for twitter and he's not actually that daft.

I've been told I'm limited to 1-2 units a day while on Warfarin (for another 5 months) - I decided to cut the shit and not drink at all. Not as big a deal as it would have been a few years ago but still.

As I said I reckon Stevie just needs to accept the wake up call properly and cut the macho shite (if that's what it was).