General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Jemima. The only Jemima I can think of is the rag doll from play school. Good enough for another mate though...

There's some brothers in my son's nursery called Atticus and Diggary

Atticus is good and bad, good that it's a great literary reference but just an appalling name. A mate called his lad Jude, I asked him if it was after the Thomas Hardy novel or the Beatles song...he wasn't familiar with either :lol: "we just like it" I.e. " there will be no other Jude's in his class"

So many scumbag names around now. Anyone called Dillon for example, you know both parents are on benefits. Kai as well

Outing yourself as Katie Hopkins :lol:

My mate called his kid Rafferty.

Congrats Dr G!

That's nowt lad I know called his headofsteam

That's a wheely strange name.

The registrar was a miserable old cow who said we should think again about his name the look on her face when i said ok we'll call him Slash .

The registrar was a miserable old cow who said we should think again about his name the look on her face when i said ok we'll call him Slash .

If he was being registered in Scotland you'd had to have called him pish :D

When we came out the room she was huffed even more because she said to her mates who were sat at there desks "do you know what they've just called this child" they took a look at me with the hair the t shirt and tattoo's and said "Axl " she said "Yes" & they all said what a lovely name she was fuming she buggered off back in her office in a right huff.

Just been taken for a spin in the inheritance, a mk1 gxl Capri. It's been in his garage for 30 years and endured about a dozen aborted attempts of restoration but my old man seems to be actually going through with it this time!

Are the rubber hoses all ok just my grandad had his mini in the garage for about 10 years he asked my dad to take it out for a run one day i dont think he got of the drive as all the hoses had perished.

Are the rubber hoses all ok just my grandad had his mini in the garage for about 10 years he asked my dad to take it out for a run one day i dont think he got of the drive as all the hoses had perished.

He's had it all rebuilt and tested etc it's mainly cosmetic stuff that needs doing now. Replacement original parts are just ridiculously rare and priced though

:(

Stevie, I've spoken to you before about your dad in PM's when he was in hospital with his cancer, and I know how much you loved and admired him. I can't and don't want to imagine how you feel right now because it would hurt too much but I'm so, so sorry that it's happened like this. You've already told us a little bit about what he meant to you and I hope those memories make you smile through the tears and that it can bring you a little bit of comfort. Thinking of you.

Thanks a lot pet, nice words. Thanks for the kind words from everyone else as well. I've written a large speech for the funeral including how he was such a nice bloke he actually liked many of the mackems he worked with as well. You have to be nice to be like that.

Congratulations Dr Gloom! 10 and a half pounds, that's mental, it's about the same weight as yee!

Aye sorry for your loss Stevie :(

and congrats Gloom! (i was a 10lber as well whatever that means)

Thanks. I was 8lb4 and everyone said I was huge, 10lb odd is about the same weight as Dr Gloom looking at his last pictures.

What a weekend of news. Very sorry to hear about your Dad Stevie, I can't imagine what you must be going through with everything you have to deal with. My thoughts are with you and I wish you the very best in what must be a very difficult time.