General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Btw, this bollocks about the Queen. I'm far from a staunch royalist but the England football team gave a Nazi salute in Berlin, under orders from the Foreign Office, a fair bit later (1938).

I heard that she shat herself and didn't stand for the national anthem when she was 18 months.

I heard that she shat herself and didn't stand for the national anthem when she was 18 months.

I'm reminded of Neville Chamberlain's famous words on the toilet....

Btw, this bollocks about the Queen. I'm far from a staunch royalist but the England football team gave a Nazi salute in Berlin, under orders from the Foreign Office, a fair bit later (1938).

FO/diplomatic bollocks means kowtowing to all sorts of dodgy fuckers - the Saudi king being a good recent example.

I'm not going to get offended by a kid that age playing around prewar - especially under the influence of relatives everyone knows were full on Nazi supporters.

FO/diplomatic bollocks means kowtowing to all sorts of dodgy fuckers - the Saudi king being a good recent example.

I'm not going to get offended by a kid that age playing around prewar - especially under the influence of relatives everyone knows were full on Nazi supporters.

I think, given it was 1933, even the adults could've been taking the piss. Her uncles later connections make it dodgy though, whether it was at the time or not. Hitler had only just come to power though. In 1936 the world went to Berlin for the Olympics when a fair bit more was known about Hitler and the Nazis. Even more so in the 1938 incident I refer to. Not saying the players were to blame or anything. I just think it being 1933 makes a lot of difference to the context of such a gesture.

I will never understand the logic of people who go swimming in the same water as Sharks. Mad.

It's not really. Driving is more dangerous. I can understand the fear but it's still an irrational one given the actual risks.

People like Chief Brodie aren't necessary for most sharks like. Apparently sharks look at humans as like chips from the worst chippy on Tyneside, and 99.9% of the time say "fuck that, where's the seals pal?".

Weren't the Sentinelese believed to be directly descended from the first humans to migrate from Africa? and their ancestors believed to have lived in the Andaman Islands for around 60,000 years. The fact that their language is very different from other peoples native to the Andaman Islands suggests that they have had little contact with other local peoples for thousands of years?

:whistle:

Weren't the Sentinelese believed to be directly descended from the first humans to migrate from Africa? and their ancestors believed to have lived in the Andaman Islands for around 60,000 years. The fact that their language is very different from other peoples native to the Andaman Islands suggests that they have had little contact with other local peoples for thousands of years?

:whistle:

So I've read. ;)