General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

There's deliquescent perchlorates on Mars lads. :nufc:

I reckon the little green guys live underground apparently the Viking lander found life on Mars in about 1972 but microwaved & killed it. The fact they've found water then they're sure to find life of some kind this is a big thing today and could go some way in proving we are not alone.

2 things:

If they were to find some kind of life on Mars, what impact would that have on the religions who are predicated on the assumption that we're alone?

And

Is Wolfy a plant? Sent to message boards with outlandish ideas to reaffirm the consensus in opposition to him?

2 things:

If they were to find some kind of life on Mars, what impact would that have on the religions who are predicated on the assumption that we're alone?

And

Is Wolfy a plant? Sent to message boards with outlandish ideas to reaffirm the consensus in opposition to him?

To answer your first question it changes everything today's news could have far bigger implications than its being given credit for.

As for Wolfy he's just fucking nuts.

It would change sweet fa about religion. They'd just make some other shit up.

Obviously they'd shift the goalposts again, but that will have a dramatic effect in itself.

Probably right. Evolution is outright denied by the fundamentals, although I've yet to understand what the more moderate religious take is on it (catholics etc). By that I mean at what evolutionary point do we get souls? Do chimpanzees have souls? Etc.

Anyhow, no point getting carried away. We've known for years Mars had water in the past. I'm not sure the seasonal presence of liquid brine in the present changes much. Hope we find out in my lifetime but my feelings are there is no, and never was, life on Mars.

I read an article a while back that suggested we are actually aliens on this planet and we are in fact descendants from Mars. They knew some kind of apocalypse was going to happen on Mars so gathered people and animals together ( Noahs Ark ?) & came to earth.

I read an article a while back that suggested we are actually aliens on this planet and we are in fact descendants from Mars. They knew some kind of apocalypse was going to happen on Mars so gathered people and animals together ( Noahs Ark ?) & came to earth.

:lol: Yes, this is obviously highly plausible, thanks for sharing. ;)

Probably right. Evolution is outright denied by the fundamentals, although I've yet to understand what the more moderate religious take is on it (catholics etc). By that I mean at what evolutionary point do we get souls? Do chimpanzees have souls? Etc.

Anyhow, no point getting carried away. We've known for years Mars had water in the past. I'm not sure the seasonal presence of liquid brine in the present changes much. Hope we find out in my lifetime but my feelings are there is no, and never was, life on Mars.

I can appreciate that fundamentalist christians deny evolution because they understand it makes the crucifixion of christ redundant. Kudos to them for understanding the tenets of their religion well enough to know when, and how deep, to bury their heads in the sand.

Along the same lines; isn't the original sin Eve's fault, and as such, if there is life on another planet they'd be without sin as they're obviously not descended from Adam or Eve?

I can quite believe there were/are simple forms of life on Mars. Wee beasties seems to exist in some environments seemingly incompatible with life on this planet, stands to reason it could exist in liquid water in a mineral rich environment on a different spinning rock.

I wouldn't call anything making those types of suggestions an 'article'.

"Article" or "faecal smear on a patient's padded cell"?

Is that your contribution thanks it's fucking rivetting

To be fair, it's more relevant than an apocalyptic event on Mars resulting in Noah flying his ark to this planet to being life.