General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I love your bro, HF. One of the nicest and funniest blokes I've ever met. Give him my love :)

Absolutely this man. Such a sound bloke and wish him all of the best.

Harry comes out swinging for the press about his girlfriend, he's claiming their coverage of their relationship has had "racial undertones"...., the British press, dog whistling about someone's ethnic background...who'd have thunk it? :unsure:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/08/prince-harry-lambasts-press-over-meghan-markle-coverage

Fair play to him. Of all of them, he's the least objectionable royal and the feeding frenzy over his new lass has been ludicrous.

I don't know if anyone's watched it, but there's a new documentary on Netflix about Amanda Knox and one of the talking heads in it is a Daily Mail columnist called Nick Pisa. The fucking glee with which this bloke recounts the elements of the horrific sexual assault/murder of this young lass that made it so "sexy". Big grin on his face as he recounts how he published pages from (the dead girl) Kercher's diary which he obtained through a police contact.

Just the worst kind of scumbag. The tabloid press in this country should be done away with.

Edited by Gemmill

Appreciate it, but there's no need for all the sympathy on my account lads. He's had Marfan since birth. Heart op at 1. Rod in his back at 14. Replaced heart valve at 16. His partner died before their bairn was 1, then 3 years ago the SS was diagnosed, lost most of his sight, taste, smell and hearing since. Broke his hip then went in a wheelchair. And through it all he's been the funniest bloke I've met, so we follow his example and don't dwell on owt.

This bout of the shits and resulting hospital stay is the least of his tribulations.

Was playing snakes and ladders with my nephew last week and he said he was good at it. I said it was a game of luck and he said " aye but I'm a lucky boy". Christ :lol:

HF your brother is LBW from Newcastle Online isn't he? I remember him and you from when I used to read that forum, probably getting on for 10 years a go now. He was absolutely hilarious online and came across as a totally sound bloke. He definitely wouldn't know me cos I used to post even more infrequently on there than I do on here, but 8 years on I still remember him for his contributions. I am genuinely saddened to hear about his illnesses but heartened and inspired to hear how he is dealing with them. Not sure why but I just felt compelled to share that. All the best   :up:

HF your brother is LBW from Newcastle Online isn't he? I remember him and you from when I used to read that forum, probably getting on for 10 years a go now. He was absolutely hilarious online and came across as a totally sound bloke. He definitely wouldn't know me cos I used to post even more infrequently on there than I do on here, but 8 years on I still remember him for his contributions. I am genuinely saddened to hear about his illnesses but heartened and inspired to hear how he is dealing with them. Not sure why but I just felt compelled to share that. All the best :up:

Aye, that's him dickie. Cheers.

@lankystu on Twitter btw if anyone wants to follow him

https://twitter.com/lankystu/status/435447738080063488

Honestly, man. Fucking sick. Spent friday afternoon all day saturday barrorowing/digging founds, was supposed to be done by sat, had bother, eventually finished Sunday, was due in work about an hour after I'd finished, managed to get emergency holiday, then yesterday was told it had veered off slightly and had to get in the watery/muddy ditch and start digging again. After a few hours I had half an hour after I'd showered and cleaned up then it was off to a 12hour nightshift. Had loads of problems and my back 'garden' is basically the Somme without the soldiers/shelling. (Not even sure it'll get passed off this morning). Fu...ck....ing.....sick.....as.....fuck. :lol: