General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

8 hours ago, Howay said:

Congrats Troops.

Also I'm chuffed to see that horrific time you and your mrs have had has come to an end HMHM, I hope it's a lot better for you both going forward.

:good:

Went to a silver wedding anniversary bash yesterday...we had the couple round for dinner in March, the girl has apparently lost 3 stone to fit into her wedding dress which she wore for the whole day yesterday, complete with tiara, she also wore the same shoes  from 1992 as well. Sit down meal at 4, evening guests at 7pm, live band.  Staggered home, witnessed a lad being chased on to the railway track which runs along the back of our house. The current Mrs PL phoned the police. Got home and someone had left a can of San Miguel on the doorstep. The police didn't call back.Am currently still feeling a bit pissed due to spending 8 hours drinking Kronenbourg 1664, something I've not done since around the time this couple got married. Am thinking yesterday was quite bizarre :cuppa: 

Millisle or Mill Isle (from Scots mill + isle, meaning "the meadow of the mill") is a village on the Ards Peninsula in County Down, Northern Ireland. It is about 3 miles (4.8 km) south of Donaghadee. It is situated in the townlands of Ballymacruise and Ballycopeland, the civil parish of Donaghadee and the historic barony of Ards Lower.

That shite is clearly made up.

Edited by adios

Donaghadee. :lol:

Days out in a car, (we never had one) with relatives to places like Bangor, Abbycentre, Crawfordsburn and Donaghadee were my childhood 'holidays'. Who needed Spain when we had all the fun of Bangor a ferry trip away?

2 minutes ago, adios said:

Tantamount to child abuse tbh.

:lol:

We loved it, but then again, we didn't know any better till we got took to Italy by my grandparents when I was 14. I was a bit like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places for two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, adios said:

A lot of transsexuals out that way then, aye?

Great movie tbf.

Well, there was a Sabrina, singer of 'boys, boys, boys' lookalike and I was stranded, lying on a beach, belly down, with a pair of speedo type swimming trunks, digging a hole in the sand with no hands while 'Sabrina' and her mate chucked a beach ball around with her bikini top off. You didn't get that in Donaghadee. :omgwank:

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well, there was a Sabrina, singer of 'boys, boys, boys' lookalike and I was stranded, lying on a beach, belly down, with a pair of speedo type swimming trunks, digging a hole in the sand with no hands while 'Sabrina' and her mate chucked a beach ball around with her bikini top off. You didn't get that in Donaghadee. :omgwank:

:lol: I dread to think what the Donaghadee equivalent would have been.

Worked in Belfast for about 4 years and Pier 30-something at Donaghadee was as far as I ever explored to my shame. Couldn't wait to get home of a weekend because I was working away etc, Rather than anyreflection on the people who I met over there who I thought were fucking sound on the whole. 

And nice to see you, stevie baby, hope all is well with you and all that bollocks

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I went down the twitter rabbit hole last week after someone retweeted Weldy posting a load of shite. Turns out Stevie just got married

congratulations :)

Thanks a lot mate.  Love her to bits, she may work at STH like you when she gets her doctorate in a few years.

Been with the wife nearly 4 years, and she's saved my life, it's all good. Next week we're moving in to a stunning place in Westoe Crown so I can't moan too much anything really.  They've only been up 10 years and we face the beach.

Thanks Alex too.  Had my latest brain tumour tube day yesterday. 40 minutes down a tube.  Can't grumble though because I'm still defeating the odds for now at least.  Hope everything is hunky dory for you too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McFaul said:

Thanks a lot mate.  Love her to bits, she may work at STH like you when she gets her doctorate in a few years.

Been with the wife nearly 4 years, and she's saved my life, it's all good. Next week we're moving in to a stunning place in Westoe Crown so I can't moan too much anything really.  They've only been up 10 years and we face the beach.

Thanks Alex too.  Had my latest brain tumour tube day yesterday. 40 minutes down a tube.  Can't grumble though because I'm still defeating the odds for now at least.  Hope everything is hunky dory for you too.

Just around the corner from where I used to live - you'll have living on the site of an old mine in common with SAFC now Stevie :)

Congrats on the wedding.

• Like 1