General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ordered something off Amazon. They gave me a delivery slot between 8am-8pm. I've missed 2 deliveries and they've left a card saying if I miss 1 more then they will refund me and I won't get my parcel. I've asked if they can leave it with a neighbour but thats not allowed :lol: 

Ah who’s delivering is it DPD? They’re shit and do that, Amazon’s own delivery fulfilment leave stuff with my neighbours all the time.

14 hours ago, NJS said:

Bomb scare in the building opposite ours. Blinds closed and people on that side moved to ours. Fun times (probably nowt). 

Hope everything turns out ok, all is well and you get your amazon parcel delivered. Oh, hang on, that's for J69. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ah who’s delivering is it DPD? They’re shit and do that, Amazon’s own delivery fulfilment leave stuff with my neighbours all the time.

Aye, DPDs re-delivery options are a shambles. I had to sign for my phone when it went off for repair and they asked me for £6 which got me a delivery window of about 7 hours and they wouldn't let me change the delivery address so I could get it at work. Luckily, someone was in on the off-chance to sign for it but Christ, what a grossly unhelpful company.

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ordered something off Amazon. They gave me a delivery slot between 8am-8pm. I've missed 2 deliveries and they've left a card saying if I miss 1 more then they will refund me and I won't get my parcel. I've asked if they can leave it with a neighbour but thats not allowed :lol: 

I ordered something off Amazon, left a "If not in leave with corner shop" note thing where you're supposed to, got the card through, went to the depot the same day "Oh it won't be available until tomorrow". So now I've got to leave work early tomorrow to go and pick it up because the postie can't follow the instructions.

Royal Mail and Parcel force used to be collectable in four hours but it's now next day. 

I've found since amazon started doing their own, they're pretty good - though I just ask them to leave things in my garage which they do without problem. 

DPD used to be the worst of the lot but they've improved - you can download their app and reschedule or state a delivery preference even before first delivery. 

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's not rocket science to work out that it's probably still out on the van though

Note was delivered 10am, I went to the depot at 19:20.

Stick your rocket up your arse and science that, bitch.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Note was delivered 10am, I went to the depot at 19:20.

Stick your rocket up your arse and science that, bitch.

The night shift unloads the vans and sets up the next day after the depot closes to the public? 

Just now, NJS said:

Royal Mail and Parcel force used to be collectable in four hours but it's now next day. 

I've found since amazon started doing their own, they're pretty good - though I just ask them to leave things in my garage which they do without problem. 

DPD used to be the worst of the lot but they've improved - you can download their app and reschedule or state a delivery preference even before first delivery. 

Aye Amazon are good, they leave stuff in the paper recycle bin more often than not. Should be handy being close to a big Amazon depot for the drone deliveries. Unless of course they do the floating depots...

Just now, NJS said:

The night shift unloads the vans and sets up the next day after the depot closes to the public? 

What a pack of cunts they are then.

Day shift should unload the vans, night shift load them up, so that day shift can start delivering immediately.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What a pack of cunts they are then.

Day shift should unload the vans, night shift load them up, so that day shift can start delivering immediately.

What at 6am? Or do you want the night shift lads to work until 8am so that day shift can start delivering? The night shift lads have also decided the driver's route and loaded the van accordingly in your scenario. The driver's nous and route knowledge redundant

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What at 6am? Or do you want the night shift lads to work until 8am so that day shift can start delivering? The night shift lads have also decided the driver's route and loaded the van accordingly in your scenario. The driver's nous and route knowledge redundant

Start out from the depot at 7am, satnavs have route planners that take into account MpG, traffic etc. Do the delivery drivers you've met blow you away with their nous and route knowledge like? 

Other than loading and unloading parcels from vans and trucks, what else are the night shift doing? Genuine question.

Edited by The Fish

Just now, The Fish said:

Start out from the depot at 7am, satnavs have route planners that take into account MpG, traffic etc. Do the delivery drivers you've blow you away with their nous and route knowledge like? 

Other than loading and unloading parcels from vans and trucks, what else are the night shift doing? Genuine question.

Sat navs take you from A to B. They aren't going to tell you what order to do your deliveries in, which needs to be predetermined as they load their van accordingly. At a guess I'd say they sort receive inbound parcels, process them to update live delivery info etc, sort which vehicles they're going onto, manage inventory from the previous day etc. And of course they'll probably do it with mininal manpower because the courier industry is so competitive so will have tight control on costs.

39 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sat navs take you from A to B. They aren't going to tell you what order to do your deliveries in, which needs to be predetermined as they load their van accordingly. At a guess I'd say they sort receive inbound parcels, process them to update live delivery info etc, sort which vehicles they're going onto, manage inventory from the previous day etc. And of course they'll probably do it with mininal manpower because the courier industry is so competitive so will have tight control on costs.

There are sat navs (or rather apps for phones, tablets and handheld devices) that plan routes taking into account load, MpG, traffic, etc.

In "sorting which vehicle they're going into", why can't they just load them in order?

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There are sat navs (or rather apps for phones, tablets and handheld devices) that plan routes taking into account load, MpG, traffic, etc.

In "sorting which vehicle they're going into", why can't they just load them in order?

Eh?

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Eh?

As they're sorting out which package goes in which truck in which order, why can't they just load that package in that truck in that order?

25 minutes ago, strawb said:

Congrats lads, this is the most boring hypothetical conversation ever committed to an internet message board

Well, you're a cunt.

Has that spiced it up enough for you?

p.s. read the guitar thread, they'll be on about jah wobble pick ups with bright switches, or some shit.

Yeah but that’s factual, yours was hypothetical. You could have gone anywhere with it but you went for the ins and outs of packing and planning delivery routes for delivery trucks. 0/10

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, you're a cunt.

Has that spiced it up enough for you?

p.s. read the guitar thread, they'll be on about jah wobble pick ups with bright switches, or some shit.

:lol: I nearly brought the guitar thread up when the hoover shagger piped up