General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Aye but the human race is a grain of sand on a beach in relation to how long we've been on Earth. I'm sure there have been intelligent lifeforms on other planets, or there will be in the future, but the odds of that particular planets evolutionary process creating intelligent life at the exact same time as the human race is pretty slim

It's closer to definite if the universe is infinite, infinity sorts it out for you. 

If if they can travel the distances is the main question, and if they can, why would they want to meet us? We are arseholes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Occam's razor says nah

Charged particles interfere with mass. Or the effect of mass on its surroundings. The universe can't tell if the mass is there or not breaking down its laws. A Tesla field would reduce interactions with space time. The ship won't actually be in space time once the field is charged. Get on first obviously and the field might cook the astronauts but one step at a time. :razz:

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

Charged particles interfere with mass. Or the effect of mass on its surroundings. The universe can't tell if the mass is there or not breaking down its laws. A Tesla field would reduce interactions with space time. The ship won't actually be in space time once the field is charged. Get on first obviously and the field might cook the astronauts but one step at a time. :razz:

Is that supposed to convince me you know what you're on about? :lol:

Parky, you're scientifically illiterate. Point me to a paper where they have reduced an objects mass by 8%?

Man landed on the moon before I was born. We haven't even equalled this achievement since. I doubt we will have interstellar travel in the next 50 years somehow.

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

Parky, you're scientifically illiterate. Point me to a paper where they have reduced an objects mass by 8%?

Man landed on the moon before I was born. We haven't even equalled this achievement since. I doubt we will have interstellar travel in the next 50 years somehow.

It's classified mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Great North Run ballot opened today and some idiots have been queuing on the website for an hour just to enter it, even though it's open until February 5th and there's no advantage to entering early. :lol:

:unsure: 

• Haha 1

Aye, it'll be massively oversubscribed so the chances are minimal, but I'm happy to sign up for a charity place if not. I turn 40 about two months afterwards so it's a good excuse for one last push before decrepitude sets in. :D