General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Good interview with Quincy Jones here, some cracking quotes :lol:

What’d you think when you first heard rock music?
Rock ain’t nothing but a white version of rhythm and blues, motherfucker. You know, I met Paul McCartney when he was 21.

What were your first impressions of the Beatles?
That they were the worst musicians in the world. They were no-playing motherfuckers. Paul was the worst bass player I ever heard. And Ringo? Don’t even talk about it. I remember once we were in the studio with George Martin, and RingoJones arranged a version of “Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing” for Starr’s 1970 solo debut album Sentimental Journey, which was produced by the Beatles’ frequent collaborator George Martin. The song, and album, are more than a bit gloopy. had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said, “Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.” So he did, and we called Ronnie Verrell, a jazz drummer. Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says, “George, can you play it back for me one more time?” So George did, and Ringo says, “That didn’t sound so bad.” And I said, “Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.” Great guy, though.

What’s stirred everything up? Is it all about Trumpism?
It’s Trump and uneducated rednecks. Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.

Wait, really?
Yes, sir. Twelve years ago. Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with my daughter KidadaA former model and current designer, Kidada is the daughter of Jones and his ex-wife Peggy Lipton. Jones’s other daughter with Lipton is the actress Rashida Jones. Jones has five other children, with four other women., said, “Ivanka wants to have dinner with you.” I said, “No problem. She’s a fine motherfucker.” She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s3&utm_campaign=sharebutton-t

What’s something you’ve worked on that should’ve been bigger?
What the fuck are you talking about? I’ve never had that problem. They were all big.

:lol:

25 minutes ago, adios said:

Made himself very popular over here by saying Ireland is "so racist it's frightening".  The darkie cunt.  <_<  

And Scotland. 'Down with this type of thing, motherfucker."

Anyone flogged a knackered phone before? Just got my new iPhone so want to get rid of my 6s but the charging port is on it's way out. It charges but it has to be on its side with the charger forced in with some welly. So, I'm just going to say it's knackered because I'm not sure it can be sold on in that state. Anyway, there's a load of different services that pay you via bank transfer or I could just see what I get in CEX and trade it in for a load of blu-rays. What's my best option as the rest of the internet has provided totally fucking useless.

You sure it isn’t just lint in the charging port? It’s happened me a couple of times. If you scrape at it carefully with a pin you might get some of it out. It can take a bit of time to find the right spot though.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You sure it isn’t just lint in the charging port? It’s happened me a couple of times. If you scrape at it carefully with a pin you might get some of it out. It can take a bit of time to find the right spot though.

Aye, I've give it a proper clean and got no joy. I got a replacement with my warranty about a year ago for the same thing since the expert opinion was "The port is fucked"

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would take it into the Apple Store and see what they can do. They're normally really helpful. 

Just got the 8 so I'm not going to pay what it costs to fix it, only to sell it for slightly more. I'll just send it off as broken and pocket the 70 quid or whatever it'll be.

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I'll pop in and see what they say. It's absolutely out of warranty with no insurance so I'm expecting them to try and charge me some whack.

My sister had the same issue with an iPod Nano and they just gave her a new one.

No questions asked, well out of warranty. Bought at a different shop, no receipt. They sent it to the back and opened a draw and pulled a new, identical iPod out. Trickery but she was over the moon.

Now phones cost more than iPods...but they might at least take a look at it or give it a professional clean.

Just got back from the lakes to find my central heating is fooked. Nads. Any ideas? So we've got hot water working (combi) fine, but the radiators are stone cold. Can't see there's anything wrong with the RF controller. I switched it off when I was away in frost prevention mode (5C), so pipes should be okay. Could it just be the water pressure? It's been on for 3 hours now though and no heat at all. 

Pain in the arse, need to get emergency accommodation for the kids, I'm in the doghouse, and have to pay an excess to British gas tomorrow.

If it was water pressure you wouldn’t be getting any hot water either mate but it sounds like an issue with the boiler itself so a professional opinion would be best, I’m not much use at boilers/gas/plumbing.

Dont understand why you are in the dog house for the heating breaking mind.

47 minutes ago, strawb said:

If it was water pressure you wouldn’t be getting any hot water either mate but it sounds like an issue with the boiler itself so a professional opinion would be best, I’m not much use at boilers/gas/plumbing.

Dont understand why you are in the dog house for the heating breaking mind.

It's my fault for turning it off apparently. Ahh well, see what the engineer says tomorrow.