General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

How's Renton and his family of ice-pops? 

The past 24 hours have been horrendous. No sleep last night. I hope the fuck the engineer can sort out this heating because tomorrow I have a really important day in front of committee and I need some sleep desperately. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

The past 24 hours have been horrendous. No sleep last night. I hope the fuck the engineer can sort out this heating because tomorrow I have a really important day in front of committee and I need some sleep desperately. 

Hotel?

But if tomorrow is so important, can't you just check into a hotel for one night to make sure you're well rested. Not selfish really, considering. I don't fully grasp the situation though. Hope all works out anyway.

You're assuming it's an easy fix as well. 

My CH went tits up in February a few years ago and because it was a rare type (warm air) I had trouble getting a bloke who could do it and then had to wait ten-day for parts. 

No kids or owt but it was still a fucking nightmare. 

I was off work with legit flu a few years back and the boiler packed in. 5 days with no heating. You'd be way better off in your own bed. Once you're under the duvet, it's happy days. Especially when you're an incessant strummer like you are Rents. 

I bet you were lying awake last night reminiscing about the time you were inexplicably dripping in sweat in Tilley's that time. Longing for a bit of that sweet, sweet perspiration. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was off work with legit flu a few years back and the boiler packed in. 5 days with no heating. You'd be way better off in your own bed. Once you're under the duvet, it's happy days. Especially when you're an incessant strummer like you are Rents. 

I bet you were lying awake last night reminiscing about the time you were inexplicably dripping in sweat in Tilley's that time. Longing for a bit of that sweet, sweet perspiration. 

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like it's the diverter valve. Relatively easy fix and fuck all to do with switching off the central heating apparently. I'll expect some apologies tonight. Result. 

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Looks like it's the diverter valve. Relatively easy fix and fuck all to do with switching off the central heating apparently. I'll expect some apologies tonight. Result. 

I'd make you sit in the garden if I was your wife. On a potty. 

• Haha 1

Aye after I had that episode I've always had that cover. 99% of the time it feels like a waste of money but you feel like one of the world's great thinkers when something goes wrong and you've got them out in 24 hours. 

"Planning"