General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

33 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I lived abroad for about five years but I went straight after university so didn't actually own anything of note.

I have a house full of stuff, most of which is staying here as we're renting the house to a friend who owns no furniture which is pretty handy.

Theres just so much to consider and plan in over the next few months, its nuts

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

I have a house full of stuff, most of which is staying here as we're renting the house to a friend who owns no furniture which is pretty handy.

Theres just so much to consider and plan in over the next few months, its nuts

Where about in NZ are you going to Andrew? 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Where about in NZ are you going to Andrew? 

Christchurch, fortunately I can carry on doing my current job there, bit of a no brainer when the opportunity presented itself.

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Christchurch, fortunately I can carry on doing my current job there, bit of a no brainer when the opportunity presented itself.

Thats great, a chance to be part of its development after the earthquake :ok:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Thats great, a chance to be part of its development after the earthquake :ok:

The city is getting into pretty good shape now, we liked it a lot on our brief visit last year, though yeah, we're not looking to live in a high-rise whilst we're there.

Chance to get up to Kaikoura and right down to the fiordland which we missed last time, and possibly have a regular holiday in Australia when its only a few hours away rather than 25.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

The city is getting into pretty good shape now, we liked it a lot on our brief visit last year, though yeah, we're not looking to live in a high-rise whilst we're there.

Chance to get up to Kaikoura and right down to the fiordland which we missed last time, and possibly have a regular holiday in Australia when its only a few hours away rather than 25.

This is nearby too, we stumbled across it at Easter a couple of years ago...

https://www.visitakaroa.com/

I do love me a bit of Marina Hyde :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2018/apr/05/the-great-british-tv-chefs-rotating-midlife-crisis?CMP=share_btn_tw

In his head: the image of Steven Seagal in Under Siege, a highly decorated ex-Navy Seal (“Security clearance revoked after Panama”), who also cooks, and is able both to dispatch villains using kitchen knives and turn a microwave into an improvised weapon, all the while knowing he’s having Erika Eleniak for his pudding.

In everyone else’s head: the image of Seagal now.

• Haha 1

Aye, it's obviously significantly better than Maccy D's or Burger King but it's definitely not "worth" the money for the restaurant experience if you actually take the time to think about it. Same way a decent lager isn't worth £5-6 but it's still the right choice if the alternative is a £4 Fosters, I suppose, but the question should be why you're bothering with either. (I realise neither of us would, but you take the point. ;) ) Tend to only have Five Guys somewhere like the O2 where the options are all overpriced chains anyway. Never let London pretend it's actually cultured.

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Just won a £25 Five Guys gift card for completing their customer satisfaction survey. It pays to be bored. :lol:

There's a pizza shop round our way called '3 Guys'. It closes down every year, gets new management and changes it's name. It was 'flaming Cod' or something last time. Anyway, it's as shit as it sounds, went for some jockey's whip's when it was a chippy to try it out and I got served some frozen chips from a Polish lass!!! Needless to say that was the first and last time I went. No interest in any vouchers from any guys, whether there's three, four or five of the radgies. ;)