General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

@The Fish

True Geordie now has 1.2m subs, his recent video got 2.5m views, and he's become a YouTube celebrity as the moderator for a boxing match involving two other YT 'celebrities', one of whom is the guy who filmed a dead body in Japan.

This could have been you!

How much is he making off this? £40-50k a year? More power to his elbow, says I. Going to be hard for him to transition from shouty Youtuber to anything else in the media though. When I get the call from the National Bureau of Talent it'll be because I've stayed true to myself. Never whored myself out for money like him*

*don't mention the window sales job

Edited by The Fish

Aye with 1.2million subs and what looks to be a low of about 250k views a video he’ll be making quite a lot. There are companies sustained on less. 

You need about 100kish subs to be able to quit the day job based on people I follow.

Aye, the tracker thing i looked at suggests he could be earning up to 400k. He has sponsorships as well, so that'll be more again.

I think he's close to getting TV slots you know... actually think he may have had some on lower end football shows...

He does fuck all about Newcastle now though, it's football and sport in general. Pitching himself as a commentator for the YT age.

He's actually bigger than Arsenal Fan TV now. Idk how he's done it, but he's somehow managed to move from Newcastle > Football > Sport > YouTube celebrity culture. He's interviewed Shearer, Dyer, Robbie Williams, some guy who is a world champion at lifting weights... and now he's mixing with the biggest YouTubers out there, people with 20 odd million subs. I really don't understand how he managed this :lol:

He's made it though, he really has. He'll be over 2 million in no time IMO as he seems to be winning people over by being 'genuine' and 'down to earth' and 'not fake'. Standard Newcastle shtick really.

Can't say I'm not pleased for him like...

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I really don't understand how he managed this

Have a look around at what wins the popular vote and the intelligence of the average person and reevaluate.  :razz:  

I'm happy enough for him (unlike some cynical old cunts around here ;)), he seems harmless - though I'll no doubt be telt he's an ardent BNP supporter now that I've said that. 

Aye, he's not for me, but fair play to the lad, he's worked hard at something he's passionate about and it's panned out for him. 

Think the three of us on the podcast I do, don't care enough about "pushing the brand" or whatever to make it anything more than what it is now. We've a decent number of people who listen and who get in touch, but we're never, ever going to make any money off it. 

The "True Geordie" believed there's a market out there for him, and he's grafted to exploit it. 

The lucky fat bastard. <_< 

He’s a bellend tbh. No clue how people can enjoy watching him. Saying that the two YouTube bellends he’s refereeing a fight for (KSI and Logan Paul) are absolutely fucking painful and they have millions of subscribers. 

On 03/08/2018 at 13:14, adios said:

Have a look around at what wins the popular vote and the intelligence of the average person and reevaluate.  :razz:  

The fact that Mrs. Brown’s boys occupies the prime time Saturday evening slot on BBC 1 tells you everything you need to know there 

Tbh i dont see too much wrong with it. The Guardian has an internal bias for white women and the sooner they put some effort into another group the sooner they will realise that most of them are also oppressors by their own ideological thinking.

Not that I'll actually read it, but still.

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

Still never seen an explanation of why "women of colour" is right on but "coloured women" is heinous beyond the "N" word. 

I'm guessing it's because they have historically and still are today treated like utter shit by most western governments so they get to make their own rules about how they are described and don't want to leave it to white people anymore.

I remember people using coloured in the 70s quite nastily in general and the association with apartheid classification certainly makes it bad from a historical perspective - it's the rehabilitation by simply using "of" that confuses me.