General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: I just saw non-binary and thought "yeah this is Rayvin piss take material" tbh. Your earnest response has justified my efforts. ;)

I woke up, replied to it, and went back to sleep tbh. That was my brain on autopilot :D

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I woke up, replied to it, and went back to sleep tbh. That was my brain on autopilot :D

Your brain on autopilot is a puff fwiw.

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Alex Jones has been simultaneously banned from facebook, Youtube, Spotify and Apple.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/06/apple-removes-podcasts-infowars-alex-jones

The culture war, gentlemen.

He’s been banned for being a horrible lying cunt hasn’t he?

Yeah maybe the defamation stuff, but i think the interesting bit is that they all clearly spoke to each other, or were told to act.

The right wingers seem to be getting ready to capitalise by painting Jones as a martyr. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah maybe the defamation stuff, but i think the interesting bit is that they all clearly spoke to each other, or were told to act.

The right wingers seem to be getting ready to capitalise by painting Jones as a martyr. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

This has been coming for ages man.

It’s not Twitter’s responsibility to hold him to account. It’s of independent journalists who can retort his lies after they’ve been seen 100,000s of times.

Given that that's not happening/working, don't companies like Twitter hold some responsibility to crack down on his bullshit?

I mean in an ideal world we allow people to say whatever they want but that's not where we live.

If new media is creating a huge shitstorm with very real-world consequences, we probably need to fight it where we can.

Of course it’s Twitter’s responsibility. It’s a complete cop out from them. But they’ve never really been ahead of the curve when it comes to blocking offensive content.

Is this not a leaf on the same branch as the tv shows having a climatologist who's studied climate science for years, dedicated their career to the investigation of the planet's climate, who's literally written the book on climate change, and then some home-schooled, howl at the moon, youtube conspiracy nut climate change denier, y'know, for balance?

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

That viaduct collapse in Genoa looks horrific. Hope it's not as bad as feared. 

Just read about that. Dozens feared dead apparently

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking awful.

Nowt to do with this but their roads are fucking terrible. Legit potholes in the middle of the motorway etc.

It might have a lot to do with it. 

If water gets in to the rebar, it can start rotting away over years with no way of seeing. 

This bridge is/was 50 years old, so any corrosion like that above has had lots of time to do its worst.